• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

BBD: Through The Eyes Of Our Enemy

Editor’s Note: Matthew Jones is a writer at our partner site www.NEPatriotsDraft.com. He was recently in Buffalo and attempted a Bills Training Camp practice. Below is his evaluation of the Bills overall and some thoughts from what he saw while at camp.

The Buffalo Bills enter the 2012 season under more pressure to make a playoff appearance than they have faced in a decade. Head coach Chan Gailey holds a 10-22 record with the Bills and is coming off of a 6-10 season; a third straight losing year could cost Gailey his job. Additionally, the Bills have made a number of significant financial commitments to players on their roster; the “rebuilding” excuse no longer applies to this team.
    Last edited by DraftBoy; 08-20-2012, 08:53 PM.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!
  • TigerJ
    • Jul 2002

Re: BBD: Through The Eyes Of Our Enemy

I only saw one comment in the entire article that was actually based on a training camp observation. That was the one about Fitzpatrick having slight underthrows on his deep passes. Overall, I think it was kind of a predictable overview article. I agree with a lot of it, and disagree with a few things. I don't see Buffalo having as much difficulty with Wilfork as they have in years past. Assuming Eric Wood can stay healthy, I think all three of Buffalo's interior linemen have enough NFL experience that they have seen just about everything DTs like Wilfork can throw at them. They are just coming into their prime, while Wilfork is at the point where he has learned about all he's going to learn, and at 30 he's not going to get any stronger or quickeer than he's been in the past.. Moreover, Buffalo's interior linemen (except for Eric Wood who is still beng worked in slowly) have faced Kyle Williams and Marcel Dareus every day in training camp. Eric Wood will have had plenty of opportunity to work against that duo by the time Buffalo faces New England.

When Buffalo faces New England it's always about Tom Brady. If he has time, he will find receivers. Buffalo has to get pressure with their front four. If they do, they can win. If they don't, Brady will pick the Bills apart.
    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

Working...
    X