PDA

View Full Version : Our Opponents QB's Look Weak

Ed
08-21-2012, 10:18 AM
So with the fins and Titans announcing that Tannehill and Locker will both be starting, it got me thinking about the qb's we'll be facing this year since this is a qb driven league.

I know a bunch of you are down on the team and Fitz because of the preseason, but if there was ever a year to take advantage of our schedule, this seems to be it. With the exception of Tom Brady there's really not another elite qb on our schedule.

Four of our games are against rookies. Tannehil (twice), Weeden, and Luck.

Gabbert and Locker are two second year guys with little experience. Gabbert really struggled last year too.

Cassel and Alex Smith are nothing special and probably the weakest link on both of their teams.

I don't know if Kolb or Skelton will be playing when we face Arizona, but neither of them are that good.

I'm assuming Flynn will win the job in Seattle. He's had a couple great games, but he's only started a couple games so he's somewhat of a wildcard.

I don't really know what to make of Mark Sanchez, but I think he could really struggle this year with a questionable O-line and a lack of weapons.

That leaves Schaub and Bradford who I think are both pretty good qb's, but neither are top 10 right now.

With all that being said, this is the year to do some damage. There's really no excuse to not be able to take advantage of some of these matchups.

The King
08-21-2012, 10:22 AM
True but those weak teams have strong backs... MJD, (if he shows), Chris Johnson, Charles (although we shut him down last year) and Gore. The you have Foster and Steven Jackson.

The way our LBer's tackle this could be the red flag.

Skooby
08-21-2012, 10:29 AM
I guess we all forgot about that Cincy game last season in which we were projected (Bills were 3-0 at the time) for easy pickings on a rookie QB (Andy Dalton / 1-2 at the time). Andy ended up passing for 99 more yards than Fitz & the Bills lost, even though Andy had 2 INT's versus 1 TD. Cincy ended the season 9-7, Bills 6-10.

There goes the easy pickings theory, there's nothing easy in the NFL.

Ed
08-21-2012, 10:29 AM
True but those weak teams have strong backs... MJD, (if he shows), Chris Johnson, Charles (although we shut him down last year) and Gore. The you have Foster and Steven Jackson.

The way our LBer's tackle this could be the red flag.
I think Sheppard and Barnett could prove to be solid against the run. Coverage may be another issue.

Either way, I'm not too worried about other teams RB's. I'll taking facing guys like MJD, Johnson, and Foster running the ball over having to face the Manning's, Brees, Rodgers, etc...

Ed
08-21-2012, 10:32 AM
I guess we all forgot about that Cincy game last season which projected (Bills were 3-0) for easy pickings on a rookie QB (Andy Dalton). Andy ended up passing for 99 more yards than Fitz & the Bills lost, even though Andy had 2 INT's versus 1 TD. Cincy ended the season 9-7, Bills 6-10.

There goes the easy pickings theory, there's nothing easy in the NFL.
Yeah, we should have won that game too. That's kind of my point. We need to take advantage of these lesser qb's and not blow good opportunities to win games or we'll just be in the same boat as always.

justasportsfan
08-21-2012, 10:39 AM
The reason why we brought in Mario and Anderson was because of Dalton and Sanchez looked like probowlers when we played them. They had so much time behind their OL that they could have waited for mondays newspaper. Romo could have waited for two weeks. Wanny better bring it this year.

OpIv37
08-21-2012, 10:53 AM
Ponder is 2nd year and he had no problem against us. RGIII was in his first game ever and he struggled on the first two drives but settled in quickly.

I'd certainly rather play rookie QB's than the Brady/Brees/Manning types out there, but it's no guarantee of anything.

PTI
08-21-2012, 10:56 AM
Everyone playing the Bills have been saying that for 10 years.

justasportsfan
08-21-2012, 10:59 AM
neither here nor there. Dalton beat us but we beat Brady. Mark Sanchez beat us but we beat Vick.

Ed
08-21-2012, 12:07 PM
I agree that playing young/inexperienced qb's doesn't guarantee anything and sometimes we beat good qb's and lose to bad ones. My main point is that we seem to be facing more lower tier qb's this year than normal, which leaves little room for any excuses for this team to not take a big step. I don't think our schedule can get too much more favorable than the one we have right now, so I just want to see them step up. We invested a lot in improving this defense and our pass rush so if we can't take advantage of a lot of these matchups I'll be disappointed.

On a side note, it looks like rookie Russel Wilson could win the starting job in Seattle as he's being given the start in the all important 3rd preseason game.

BillsOverDolphins
08-21-2012, 12:08 PM
Everyone playing the Bills have been saying that for 10 years.

rofl...can't argue with det one. Welcome back, PTI.

PTI
08-21-2012, 12:17 PM
rofl...can't argue with det one. Welcome back, PTI.

Thank you, trip to Buffalo, some work, toiled a little on the Bills message board. If you say things, with stats, that are perceived negative against the Bills, and that are not given that status being an actual opinion, you are attacked by a posse. You can be as nice as possible too, and you get reported by like 20 people.

BillsOverDolphins
08-21-2012, 12:33 PM
Thank you, trip to Buffalo, some work, toiled a little on the Bills message board. If you say things, with stats, that are perceived negative against the Bills, and that are not given that status being an actual opinion, you are attacked by a posse. You can be as nice as possible too, and you get reported by like 20 people.

I hear ya, broseph...the truth is a dirty, dirty whore around these parts.

SABURZFAN
08-21-2012, 01:03 PM

the candy asses are reporting on you now, huh? i remember those days when i told these idiots that Lossman was a chump. same thing....

PTI
08-21-2012, 01:17 PM
the candy asses are reporting on you now, huh? i remember those days when i told these idiots that Lossman was a chump. same thing....

They really have no idea how to tell I may have been a previously banned user, but just assume so and just ban you again if you are what appears to be a new user who does not agree with the masses and is not nice about it too.

I was a member of the BBMB since like February of 2002, and just last year, with no infractions, one of their mods just banned me for good. I have created a few other users and never made it past 100 posts. No explaination either. There is no way they can tell, different IPs, differnet users, different emails, they are just Nazi about it now. Sucks, I was on there for almost 10 years. Some mods there are major candy asses.

Cali512
08-21-2012, 01:21 PM
^ Our 2 trolls are becomming friends :)

Skooby
08-21-2012, 01:23 PM

You probably still have JP's throwback.

Skooby
08-21-2012, 01:25 PM
They really have no idea how to tell I may have been a previously banned user, but just assume so and just ban you again if you are what appears to be a new user who does not agree with the masses and is not nice about it too.

I was a member of the BBMB since like February of 2002, and just last year, with no infractions, one of their mods just banned me for good. I have created a few other users and never made it past 100 posts. No explaination either. There is no way they can tell, different IPs, differnet users, different emails, they are just Nazi about it now. Sucks, I was on there for almost 10 years. Some mods there are major candy asses.

I'd bet they banned you for punctuation & grammar.

J/K, sorta.

better days
08-21-2012, 01:29 PM
Ponder is 2nd year and he had no problem against us. RGIII was in his first game ever and he struggled on the first two drives but settled in quickly.

I'd certainly rather play rookie QB's than the Brady/Brees/Manning types out there, but it's no guarantee of anything.

Well, Ponder, like Luck & RGIII has looked good in PRESEASON against VANILLA Defenses. Can't wait to see how they look when the real bullets fly.

PTI
08-21-2012, 01:33 PM
I'd bet they banned you for punctuation & grammar.

J/K, sorta.

They also said I had a boring SIG, picture sig, avatar, did not take up enough space in threads as to make them more easily be 10 pages, and did not use enough smiley faces too.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, Ponder, like Luck & RGIII has looked good in PRESEASON against VANILLA Defenses. Can't wait to see how they look when the real bullets fly.

Cousins lit up last game, RG3 was not so good.

SABURZFAN
08-21-2012, 01:41 PM
You probably still have JP's throwback.

your mom is wearing it. :snicker:

SABURZFAN
08-21-2012, 01:43 PM
^ Our 2 trolls are becomming friends :)

if we want any s..t out of you, we'll squeeze your head. :rolleyes:

BillsOverDolphins
08-21-2012, 01:46 PM
I like how we're considered trolls b/c we drop truthbombs on people.

Skooby
08-21-2012, 01:55 PM
your mom is wearing it. :snicker:

LOL, your Mom doesn't even bother to wear shoes at my house.

Skooby
08-21-2012, 01:56 PM
if we want any s..t out of you, we'll squeeze your head. :rolleyes:

You'd be better off squeezing his boyfriend's D-for that.

Bellowing4DaBills
08-21-2012, 03:22 PM
We have a last place team schedule and our division has one QB worthy of praise.

I'm ready for a 10 win season.

Ed
08-21-2012, 03:43 PM
We have a last place team schedule and our division has one QB worthy of praise.

I'm ready for a 10 win season.
Plus we play the weakest NFC division. It's time to end the playoff drought.

Meathead
08-21-2012, 03:52 PM
guys knock off the crap about your moms

they are all here with me and im telling you they are pissed

HAMMER
08-22-2012, 10:10 AM
guys knock off the crap about your moms

they are all here with me and im telling you they are pissed

Why so proud of banging old, sloppy, droopy hags?