PDA

View Full Version : Terrence McGee

ghz in pittsburgh
08-21-2012, 07:59 PM
Watching his video today at BB.com, he does not sound like ready to play football. Seems like he's not sure if he'll be on this team coming Sept.

Wishing we had Florence instead of McGee, but I understand that Florence would not take a cut like Mcgee and is entirely on a difference mindset.

IAG
08-21-2012, 09:24 PM
McGee will be cut, but it is a mistake. He has been a really good Buffalo Bill.

THRILLHO
08-21-2012, 10:07 PM
McGee will be cut, but it is a mistake. He has been a really good Buffalo Bill.
He has been, yes. But if he is no longer a good Buffalo Bill why keep him?

more cowbell
08-22-2012, 01:40 AM
I'll say it time and time again I have always liked Terrence McGee. It's becoming apparent his career is coming to an end though unfortunately.

kishoph
08-22-2012, 02:28 AM
It doesn't seem like McGee will make the final 53, but I don't think the Bills will cut him outright, I can see them offering him an injury settlement, at least that's what I would hope they do, they have salary cap room to afford to do so and McGee has been a Bill that deserves a better ending then just being cut after 10 years. IMO

Night Train
08-22-2012, 04:35 AM
The guy struggles to keep healthy and that's his downfall. This is probably his final audition to see if he can help, just like a rookie.

swiper
08-22-2012, 06:07 AM
Terrence McGee Update (video): http://www.buffalobills.com/media-center/videos/Terrence-McGee-on-Working-His-Way-Back/e850e591-b044-4ad4-a471-fb2ade7482de#content-tools-link

Chan Gailey yesterday:
On DT <nobr>Torell Troup </nobr>and CB <nobr>Terrence McGee</nobr>:
Torell (Troup) is pushing through. It is impressive to watch him because he is not anywhere near 100-percent. He is pushing through and he is trying to work through it. Terrence (McGee) is making better leaps getting well. He is taking more reps each of the last two or three practices. That is very encouraging.

On when CB Terrence McGee will see live action:
We have not decided that. We are still talking about what would be the best direction to go with Terrence. Let us see how the rest of the week goes. The more reps he takes without any setbacks the better.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/Transcript-Chan-Gailey--Dave-Wannstedt/f9dcbebc-7d01-4500-8f20-8ced9c8c5975

ghz in pittsburgh
08-22-2012, 09:30 AM
Carrington and Edwards will be fighting for the last DT spot. Carrington is too slow for 4-3 DE, not stout enough for 4-3 DT. Edwards can be stout, but not good at penetrating. Overall I think Edwards have the edge.

They really want Troup to make the team and he's cooperating with playing hurt in camp. Wanny probably still remembers the dominant 4-3 DT Troup was at the Big East.

Ed
08-22-2012, 10:02 AM
I don't know what the rules are exactly with the PUP list, but I believe they don't count against your roster and they have to remain on it for the first 6 weeks of the season. Is this a possible option for either McGee or Troup? Personally, I wouldn't mind just seeing Troup put on IR if his back is still such a problem and just let him rehab properly without having to try and practice in pain. Let him try and get fully healthy and see where he's at in the spring. Basically his entire salary for this season would still count against the cap as dead money, so there's no real benefit to cutting him if we can keep a roster spot open by putting him on IR or PUP.

GingerP
08-22-2012, 10:14 AM
I don't know what the rules are exactly with the PUP list, but I believe they don't count against your roster and they have to remain on it for the first 6 weeks of the season. Is this a possible option for either McGee or Troup?

No. Once players are cleared to practice they are no longer eligible for PUP, and both have done work in practice. They are no longer PUP-eligible.

swiper
08-22-2012, 06:29 PM
Terrence McGee expected to play vs. Pittsburgh.

http://www.billsdaily.com/

IAG
08-22-2012, 07:39 PM
You can never have enough corners. That is why you keep him.

mikemac2001
08-22-2012, 09:22 PM
he is still our 3rd best corner if he stays healthy.....he can cover always could ...just needs to be healthy and stay....be a nick/dime back

swiper
08-23-2012, 06:23 AM
he is still our 3rd best corner

Having watched the first two preseason games, I have to ask who?