• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

BZ All Pro: DT

Who's the best DT in the league?

I would say Kevin Williams probably still holds this spot...
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• The Jokeman
    • Dec 2003

Re: BZ All Pro: DT

Over his career it's hard not to say Williams but If you go by stats it's hard to dismiss Richard Seymour but because he doesn't have the cast he did in New England he still gets little play. He's former teammmate Vince Wilfolk might get the Ted Washington award ie big guy who makes the guys around him that much better. Suh also had a down year last year but still a force and our very own Marcell Dareus could be the next great one.

Comment

• Buddo
      • Mar 2007

Ngata somehow springs to mind. Does just about everything well, but isn't that flashy, so doesn't get quite the recognition he deserves. Entering some prime years of his career, also.
      Wilfork, as much as I think he's a dirty arsehole. There have been some performances late on in the season recently by him, that have made the difference for the Pats.
      Kevin Williams is still a very good player, but I think he's now edging towards a decline.

In time, I'm very positive of Dareus's chances of being mentioned with the likes of that lot, possibly even as being better than, but for the moment, he's still on his learning curve. He has flashed the possibility of becoming an absolute monster though.

Comment

• Jaybird
        • Dec 2005

Without Question... Ngata!
        The guy is a beast and a game changer

Comment

• SquishDaFish
          Lets GO BUFFALO!!
          • Jun 2005

Ngata

Comment

• Prov401
            President of WADL (Whitner Anti-Defamation League)
            • Aug 2008

Wilfork, Ngata, Suh.

1a, 1b, 1c.

Comment

Working...
            X