PDA

View Full Version : Buscaglia: Projecting the Bills 53-man roster

justasportsfan
08-23-2012, 12:21 PM
Defensive Tackle (4): Kyle Williams, Marcell Dareus, Dwan Edwards, Spencer Johnson
CUT: Torell Troup, Alex Carrington, Kellen Heard, Jay Ross
- It's a farewell to two of the Bills' first three selections in 2010. The early part of that class, outside of C.J. Spiller has been a huge swing and a miss for different reasons. Torell Troup can't get past all of his injuries and Alex Carrington just hasn't shown he has any special abilities to warrant a roster spot. Kellen Heard could have had a shot had he not been injured all throughout training camp. The emergence of Moore and Gilbert are the reasons the trio gets cut. However, I would not rule out the idea of the Bills putting Troup on Injured Reserve with all his back problems, especially with Johnson and Edwards in the final year of their respective contracts. Maybe one last chance for the second round pick in 2013.

http://wgr550.com/Buscaglia-Projecting-the-Bills-53-man-roster/14060400

NOT THE DUDE...
08-23-2012, 12:24 PM
has gilbert been that good?

Mr. Pink
08-23-2012, 12:29 PM
No real surprises.

better days
08-23-2012, 01:40 PM
Well, like Chan said they will have some hard decisions to make which as he also said is a good thing. Easley for example, I would hate to see cut, but I can understand if he is.

PTI
08-23-2012, 01:58 PM
Just goes to show how poor Gailey and Nix are at their jobs, really.

Lone Stranger
08-23-2012, 02:07 PM
His guess is as good as anybody's.

The Jokeman
08-23-2012, 02:47 PM
has gilbert been that good?

I don't get the Gilbert or Dorin Dickerson love that roster predictors have been making. Also I favor Namaan Roosevelt over Hagan as he's younger. So we might over cut and look to find a TE or S since Ross' predictions seems a little short in those positions.

X-Era
08-23-2012, 02:57 PM
I pretty much agree with his assessment. I'm not sure I see keeping 2 FB's. I'd think we'd keep 1 and keep an additional WR.

mayotm
08-23-2012, 04:51 PM
Well, like Chan said they will have some hard decisions to make which as he also said is a good thing. Easley for example, I would hate to see cut, but I can understand if he is.
They do have some difficult decisions to make. Cutting Easley will not be one of them.

YardRat
08-23-2012, 05:35 PM
Pretty close to how I see it, except...

I've got Young at OT right now, but have been bouncing back and forth between he and Sanders.
I had 5 DE's and 4 DT's up until the Merriman cut when I swapped out. I have Heard instead of Gilbert.
I've been steady on 6CB's up unitl recently also, and switched out Rogers (IR) for Howell. Still would prefer the 6th CB, though.