• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Gailey on Glenn: "He's not done great"

CBS Sports Rapid Reporter Mark Ludwiczak hits the nail on the head with this report.

Bills offensive line coach Joe D'Alessandris earned rave reviews for his coaching performance in 2011. Under his guidance, the revamped line easily exceeded expectations and gave up an NFL-low 23 sacks.

The Bills need him to work some magic if they hope to achieve similar results up front.

“We're not as far along as we should be,” LG Andy Levitre said.
    Also full quote from Gailey on Glenn;
    “Cordy's got great ability,” coach Chan Gailey said. “Ability's not the issue. It's just playing time. I think if he gets playing time, he's got a chance to be a really good football player. He's not done great against the two good pass rushers he's faced (in preseason games), but he's done OK. And I think that we see a great upside with him.”
    He's done ok and he is your starting LT...let's hope he begins to pick it up very quickly.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Gailey on Glenn: "He's not done great"

No big deal.

After all, we have a QB who is great at handling pressure. And a quality back-up QB. Oh, wait.....

Sometimes I have to wonder what this team is thinking. They sign Fitz to a big deal, then get him no WR help and put him behind a rookie LT. Not that I'm making excuses for Fitz- his accuracy problems are no one's fault but his own- but it just seems like they're making it harder on him than it needs to be.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• stuckincincy
      Buffalo Bills Fan
      • Sep 2003

OL coach needs to move his left foot an inch or so out.

OL coach also needs to hammer home - constantly - the importance of keeping the feet north-south. You crab them a bit this or that way, you tip off a canny defender. Never lean one way or the other, and keep yer down knuckles straight.
      Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• better days
        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
        http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/nf...-lot-more-work

CBS Sports Rapid Reporter Mark Ludwiczak hits the nail on the head with this report.

Also full quote from Gailey on Glenn;

He's done ok and he is your starting LT...let's hope he begins to pick it up very quickly.
        If I were a Jets fan, I would be more concerned with the OL than I am about the Bills. Hunter is a turnstile & this is only preseason. By the time the real season starts & defenses play games Hunter will get Sanchez killed.

Fitz does get the ball out much faster than Sanchez & if worse comes to worse, the Bills can move Hairston back to LT, he did not do bad there last year.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
          Skoobasaurus-Rex
          • Oct 2011

Glenn is a rookie starter at LT, let's wait until the regular-season to see how he does.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
            Pinkerton's son
            • Feb 2006

Originally posted by stuckincincy View Post
            OL coach needs to move his left foot an inch or so out.

OL coach also needs to hammer home - constantly - the importance of keeping the feet north-south. You crab them a bit this or that way, you tip off a canny defender. Never lean one way or the other, and keep yer down knuckles straight.
            so you think you know better than a line coach who has been a coach since 1983?

Comment

• stuckincincy
              Buffalo Bills Fan
              • Sep 2003

Originally posted by pinkdogg32 View Post
              Yes - when it comes to foot placement. Football coaches drip and drip with ego. Even the pee wee players notice that.

Nobody hires them to run a business, despite the hype about their "leadership" skills. They live in a little closed world for the most part, hired and re-hired within the exclusive club.
              Last edited by stuckincincy; 08-23-2012, 01:23 PM.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                Pinkerton's son
                • Feb 2006

Yes - when it comes to foot placement. Football coaches drip and drip with ego. Even the pee wee players notice that.

Nobody hires them to run a business, despite the hype about their "leadership" skills. They live in a little closed world for the most part, hired and re-hired within the exclusive club.
                So just for the record, you think you could do a better job than an NFL O-line coach...got it. Just because they have egos doesnt mean they arent there for a reason. What is your profession? Have you ever held a coaching position, or played?

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

it wouldn't be the first time that someone on this board knew better than a coach or FO person employed by the team.

- - - Updated - - -

So just for the record, you think you could do a better job than an NFL O-line coach...got it. Just because they have egos doesnt mean they arent there for a reason. What is your profession? Have you ever held a coaching position, or played?
                  Just because they are there doesn't mean they are competent. Performance dictates competence, not title.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• better days
                    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                    it wouldn't be the first time that someone on this board THOUGHT he knew better than a coach or FO person employed by the team.

- - - Updated - - -

Just because they are there doesn't mean they are competent. Performance dictates competence, not title.
                    Fixed that for you, & from last years OL play with all the injuries the Bills had, I think performance has been proved.

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by better days View Post
                      Fixed that for you, & from last years OL play with all the injuries the Bills had, I think performance has been proved.
                      Last year's OL play wasn't all that great, and one year could easily be a fluke.

And it's not a matter of "thought." there are dozens, if not hundreds, of examples all over this board of posters being repeatedly right while the FO and coaches were repeatedly wrong.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• stuckincincy
                        Buffalo Bills Fan
                        • Sep 2003

I'm a retired chemist. I've watched pro ball for over a half a century. I've never played, never coached. BTW, there's a clown on the radio here, a so-so MLB player named Tracy Jones, who likes to bark out time to time and spew along the lines of "You didn't PLAY the game !!!' Fine. Without fans forking over their $, that cur would have gotten 50 bucks per game.

Like I said previously, this gig has been running for over a hundred years. It is NOT rocket science. Haven't you noticed how often college and pro coaches jump ship? It's show biz.

Open up your peepers this season and watch the feet, the leanings, the eyeballs etc.

Comment

• better days
                          • Jan 2010

I'm a retired chemist. I've watched pro ball for over a half a century. I've never played, never coached. BTW, there's a clown on the radio here, a so-so MLB player named Tracy Jones, who likes to bark out time to time and spew along the lines of "You didn't PLAY the game !!!' Fine. Without fans forking over their $, that cur would have gotten 50 bucks per game.

Like I said previously, this gig has been running for over a hundred years. It is NOT rocket science. Haven't you noticed how often college and pro coaches jump ship? It's show biz.

Open up your peepers this season and watch the feet, the leanings, the eyeballs etc.
                          Well, I think Chemistry has much more to do with football than rocket science so maybe you do know something.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                            Administrator
                            • Jul 2002

Just to note he is 100% right in terms of footwork and alignment.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by better days View Post
                            If I were a Jets fan, I would be more concerned with the OL than I am about the Bills. Hunter is a turnstile & this is only preseason. By the time the real season starts & defenses play games Hunter will get Sanchez killed.

Fitz does get the ball out much faster than Sanchez & if worse comes to worse, the Bills can move Hairston back to LT, he did not do bad there last year.
                            But we're Bills fans so we worry about the Bills first.
                            COMING SOON...
                            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Buddo
                              • Mar 2007

I haven't got time to re-watch the pre-season games atm, but if Glenn wasn't getting any help at all, against the likes of Orakpo and Allen, then we might not be as badly off as we are making out. Glenn can be given help, when it's needed, and can get game reps along the way, with hopefully, less assistance being required as we move forward through the season.
                              I can't forget how Allen made Bell his own personal turnstile when we played the Vikes last year, and I didn't see that from Allen this time around.

Comment

Working...
                              X