PDA

View Full Version : Good Wood

swiper
08-24-2012, 05:54 AM
Wood doing well

Starting center <nobr>Eric Wood</nobr>, who is going to see his reps in Saturday’s game jump up to 20 snaps, is very pleased with the progress he’s made coming off his ACL surgery. Though he’s been on the field for just 10 plays in the preseason thus far, he’s seen a lot more work on the practice field the last couple of weeks.

“I’ve taken a majority of the reps the past couple of weeks with the ones in practice,” he said. “I’m still getting in a lot of good work out here just not quite as many reps during the game. I think I missed eight reps or so last week with the ones in the game. I probably got 10 times that many last week out on the practice field. We’re getting good work in, we’re just not taking any chances.”

Wood feels as though the extra snaps in practice have him adjusted to the speed of the game again and the snaps against Pittsburgh will do nothing but help. He also believes it will help him with his pre-snap recognition to make calls at the line.

“A lot of it has been getting my technique back so I don’t have to think about that pre-snap,” Wood said. “But that comes with film study. The more film you study the quicker you’re going to be out on the field. Luckily the first couple of opponents we play this year are people we’ve faced so it’s not going to something that I’ve never seen before. But we’ve still got to prepare for everything and the Jets package will be huge against us. That’s definitely something we’re going to have to work on.”

Wood said the starting offensive line isn’t where they want to be yet, but maintains that it takes time. With <nobr>Erik Pears </nobr>missing most of training camp and the preseason and <nobr>Cordy Glenn</nobr> named the starting left tackle just this past Monday he’s confident they’ll get there.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/Thurs-Practice-Notes---Setting-a-tone-Wood-doing-well/64a54571-a112-44a7-acdb-bad50008a7c5

YardRat
08-24-2012, 05:58 AM
Good news. Our o-line nedds to be as healthy as possible when the season starts.

Skooby
08-24-2012, 06:09 AM
Sweet.

swiper
08-25-2012, 02:45 PM
Wood is turning it up. Hope he's not too stiff from inactivity.