PDA

View Full Version : What I want to see in this weekend's game....

OpIv37
08-24-2012, 07:53 AM
OK, so it's preseason, so W/L doesn't matter, but this is the 3rd preseason game. This means that they've already had 2 to practice, and traditionally, this is the game where the starters get the most work, with most teams leaving them in for 2+ quarters. In addition, according to Coach Sal's podcast, the team IS actually doing some game-planning this time. So, here is what I am hoping to see to give me some confidence for the season:

1. NO INJURIES
2. Accuracy from Fitz, particularly when under pressure
3. Something that suggests Glenn can play LT at the NFL level
4. A WR stepping up behind Stevie
5. A couple of sustained scoring drives from the starting O
6. Pressure by the DL, flashes of the dominance that most are expecting.
7. Some sign that our LB's aren't completely incompetent
8. Some sign that our CB's aren't completely inexperienced.
9. A minimal amount of individual mistakes: turnovers, missed passes, drops (*cough-STEVIE-*cough), penalties, missed tackles, etc.

People like to say preseason doesn't matter, but some things do, especially when the team says that they are actually game-planning. If Fitz is still inaccurate and Glenn is still struggling and Stevie is still dropping passes and our LB's can't tackle, they aren't going to get better in two weeks. So, those are the things to focus on. Here's hoping for a good game and some sign that this season won't be another epic disappointment.

The King
08-24-2012, 07:59 AM
This is the one game in the preseason where I think you can take something from. I expect to see the starters playing at about 70-80%, you want to see rhythm and you want to make sure, players are on the same page.

justasportsfan
08-24-2012, 08:31 AM
sometimes I want to see them makes mistakes so they don't become complacent when they meet the jets. :idunno:

most likely going to see more crappy officiating.