PDA

View Full Version : Wilson, Champion, Logo Athletic, Puma...

IAG
08-24-2012, 08:35 AM
Like many of you guys here I am a long time Buffalo Bills fan. The other day I was cleaning my garage and in it I had four large Rubbermaids of old Bills gear dating back to the 1980's. Besides the fact, I wondered how much money I would have if I had invested the money into stocks vs. Bills gear, the NFL/Bills had many companies make their gear.

It got me thinking what company I liked best for gear. Also, I think the new Nike stuff is over-priced and "ok" quality. I still think Puma made this best gear for the best quality.

Anyways, I wanted to start a topic away from the field and go back to yesteryear.

The King
08-24-2012, 08:39 AM
back in the day each team had their own uniform provider. I had like 5 different jerseys and each was made by someone different.

Jeff1220
08-24-2012, 08:42 AM
For Bills gear, I go with whatever I can find at the cheapest price really. Outside of Bills gear, UA is an excellent sports apparel manufacturer in general. I like Puma too.

IAG
08-24-2012, 08:44 AM
back in the day each team had their own uniform provider. I had like 5 different jerseys and each was made by someone different.

I remember that. Each year my bro and I would argue if it would be Kelly or Thurman. I always pushed for Bruce, but they seem to make offensive player's uniforms.

The number of real deal and rep shirts I had was just gross. Some random players that now that I have a family and bills in this bad economy make me say, "WTF was I thinking?" It is funny to me.

Shirts like Bryce Paup, Chris Spielman, Quinn Early and Kelly Holcomb are the some of my best.

I rolled the dice with Rob Johnson twice with authetic Puma and Reebook shirts. Did not work for me.

Historian
08-24-2012, 09:26 AM
The Champion stuff is probably worth the most, as it was the team's uniform provider back in the glory days.

The King
08-24-2012, 09:37 AM
Shirts like Bryce Paup, Chris Spielman, Quinn Early and Kelly Holcomb are the some of my best.

I rolled the dice with Rob Johnson twice with authetic Puma and Reebook shirts. Did not work for me.

You're a jersey picking nightmare.

OpIv37
08-24-2012, 10:15 AM
I was always partial to Champion, probably because they had an outlet in Rochester at the time that would get jerseys with minor imperfections and sell them at a fraction of the cost.

I still have my Bruce Smith one, but it is in rough shape. The numbers are cracking and the name is peeling off the back. At some point I'll have to replace it.

IAG
08-24-2012, 10:48 AM
You're a jersey picking nightmare.

Some bad decision, but also it shows you the NFL that there is so much turnover in rosters.

When they showed the 2002 shirts for the first time I bought...Travis Henry. LOL. He did have some good years, but fell off quick.

ServoBillieves
08-24-2012, 11:14 AM
I'm young, so most of my gear is Reebok. My grandfathers gear, on the other hand, is awesome. I am on my honeymoon here in New Orleans wearing his (now m)y snap-back New Era pro-model AFC East Champions "Four for Four and Looking For More" hat.