PDA

View Full Version : Why the comments made by Bills GM Buddy Nix should resonate in Buffalo…

MidnightVoice
08-24-2012, 02:00 PM
http://blogs.nfl.com/2012/08/24/why-the-comments-made-by-bills-gm-buddy-nix-should-resonate-in-buffalo/?module=HP11_content_stream

Earlier in the week, Bills GM Buddy Nix gave an interview to the Toronto Sun and opined on several topics. But the thing that caught everyone’s eye was his bold proclamation. Or, really, his true opinion of his team’s standing.

Nix was asked about the high expectations in Buffalo — which we’ve mentioned here before – and he didn’t blink. The Bills have put themselves in position to win, and he didn’t mind saying so.

“I like high expectations,” Nix told the Toronto Sun. “I’ve never been many places where if you didn’t have ‘em, that good things happen. So I think they oughta expect a lot of us. We expect a lot out of ourselves. New England, the AFC — they don’t scare me. I think we can compete with any of ‘em, and our intention is to try to win the division.”

In other words, bring it on. In other words, the Patriots are no longer seen as the big brother picking on the little brother. The Bills feel like they are equal.

This is as a good a sign as any that Buffalo is ready. It isn’t the only one.........

BertSquirtgum
08-24-2012, 02:48 PM
Buddy must have just got done smoking a few doobies when he said that.

BLeonard
08-24-2012, 02:57 PM
As much as I like the bravado, the fact of the matter is, Buddy Nix isn't going to be suiting up... The guys that ARE suiting up still have to go out and prove it on the football field.

-Bill

better days
08-24-2012, 03:03 PM
As much as I like the bravado, the fact of the matter is, Buddy Nix isn't going to be suiting up... The guys that ARE suiting up still have to go out and prove it on the football field.

-Bill

The point is Buddy is confident of the guys he put into a Bills uniform to get the job done. He has weeded out the dregs of the last regime & replaced them with GOOD NFL players.

justasportsfan
08-24-2012, 03:06 PM
"high expectation" means fighting for a wild card spot and I expect us to. Our standards have sunk but it is what it is.

Meathead
08-24-2012, 03:44 PM
barring an injury that sidelines marcia for much of the season, the bills are going to have to beat the cheaters at least once and probably twice to take the division. both teams have easy schedules but the cheaters have far more experience and are likely to be able to string the wins together and avoid losing to inferior teams better than the bills. since only one game difference could easily mean the division, it feels like the bills need to sweep the cheats to end up ahead of them, and i have a hard time believing they are ready for that

BLeonard
08-24-2012, 03:48 PM
The point is Buddy is confident of the guys he put into a Bills uniform to get the job done. He has weeded out the dregs of the last regime & replaced them with GOOD NFL players.

I guess we'll see... Again, they still have to get it done.

-Bill

Night Train
08-24-2012, 04:32 PM
The intention is to give his locker room a vote of confidence and bury the mediocrity that dominated this franchise for 12 years. I'm fine with it.

OpIv37
08-24-2012, 06:08 PM
We certainly match up with them better than we have in the past. Our DL should be able to get to Brady, which is something that rarely happened during the Patriots' dominance of the Bills over the last 10 years or so. We still can't cover a TE, but the rest of our D could create problems for them.

It's no big secret that the Pats are weak on D. Our O is inconsistent, but if they play up to par against the Patriots, they will definitely put points on the board.

That being said, the Patriots are still the big brother picking on the little brother until proven otherwise. Sure, we took 1 from them last year, but they still beat us and finished with a better record. It feels like we COULD be in the middle of a power shift in the division but let's not get ahead of ourselves. I've seen the Bills piss away opportunities to improve far too many times, and I've seen the Patriots overcome predictions of their demise every year since 2002. So, I'll believe it when I see it.

better days
08-24-2012, 06:37 PM
I guess we'll see... Again, they still have to get it done.

-Bill

Agreed. I just have a feeling this is our year.

jamze132
08-25-2012, 12:44 AM
barring an injury that sidelines marcia for much of the season, the bills are going to have to beat the cheaters at least once and probably twice to take the division. both teams have easy schedules but the cheaters have far more experience and are likely to be able to string the wins together and avoid losing to inferior teams better than the bills. since only one game difference could easily mean the division, it feels like the bills need to sweep the cheats to end up ahead of them, and i have a hard time believing they are ready for that
I agree but it's been proven that a team that can get pressure from their front 4 on Brady can beat Brady. We haven't had this type of D-line until now. We'll see what we have in a couple more weeks.

Forward_Lateral
08-25-2012, 09:09 AM
I like it. When's the last time the Bills had a GM that said something like this? Usually it's the same standard vanilla answers like "we will try to compete with what we have, etc"

MTBillsFan
08-25-2012, 10:39 PM
Buddy is changing the culture of the team for the last decade. Kinda like what happened with South Carolina in CFB. Lou Holtz started the change Spurier is finishing it.

The Compromise
08-26-2012, 07:40 AM

Who's good on the offense?

Jackson and Johnson, both predating Nix, are the best.

If those two go down, so do Nix's pants.

Spiller, the TEs and the OL are his players and they're the weak links on the team. To be fair he didn't pick up Fitz, but he stood by Deadwards initially and didn't do anything to provide a backup for and push Fitz.

Defensively the only two proven players in the secondary are Byrd and Wilson, both were here before Nix. His CBs are all mystery meat and have no starts.

He brought on Barnett who's good, but obviously Sheppard and the others are questionable at best.

He gets credit for the DL except for Williams. (Kyle that is)

It seems to me that this thing about Nix being responsible for assembling this team is an unfounded rumor. He should have had someone, besides a proven loser like Young, backing up Fitz to begin with. That's basic general managing.

This team has big concerns for opening week and let's not forget, they finished last season losing 10 of their last 13 and that's how they look right now. You have to score and they can't even move the ball. Everything's Jackson.

better days
08-26-2012, 08:39 AM
Who's good on the offense?

Jackson and Johnson, both predating Nix, are the best.

If those two go down, so do Nix's pants.

Spiller, the TEs and the OL are his players and they're the weak links on the team. To be fair he didn't pick up Fitz, but he stood by Deadwards initially and didn't do anything to provide a backup for and push Fitz.

Defensively the only two proven players in the secondary are Byrd and Wilson, both were here before Nix. His CBs are all mystery meat and have no starts.

He brought on Barnett who's good, but obviously Sheppard and the others are questionable at best.

He gets credit for the DL except for Williams. (Kyle that is)

It seems to me that this thing about Nix being responsible for assembling this team is an unfounded rumor. He should have had someone, besides a proven loser like Young, backing up Fitz to begin with. That's basic general managing.

This team has big concerns for opening week and let's not forget, they finished last season losing 10 of their last 13 and that's how they look right now. You have to score and they can't even move the ball. Everything's Jackson.

Both the Jets & Pats* would LOVE to have Spiller on their team. Chandler is the best TE the Bills have had since Metzalars. The OL is by far the best the Bills have had in a decade.

Gilmore may be a rookie, but Vets like Stevie Johnson have raved about him in camp. He will show everyone the reason he was the Bills first pick in the draft.

Nix has TOTALLY changed the players & culture of this team. This team is MUCH MUCH MUCH better than when Nix arrived. He ASSEMBLED it that is a FACT.

If you have concerns about the Bills because of preseason, go on a Jets board. They have not scored a single TD yet.

swiper
08-26-2012, 08:53 AM
Both the Jets & Pats* would LOVE to have Spiller on their team.

LOL. Maybe their coaches could get him to play better. He sucked last night bad. He's HIGHLY over-rated. FJax is a stud. Choice is the 2nd best RB on the roster. Get a grip regarding Spiller. He was beyond awful last night.

Whatever IT is that Nix has assembled, Gailey has been overtly sloppy with it.

Aaron Williams sucked last night. Got burned all night long. Sheppard had one nice stop, very early on, then sucked. Highly touted Ron Brooks got burned and burned again by third stringers.

The only four solid defenders on this team are Barnett, Mario Williams, Kyle Williams and Marcel Dareus.

The only solid guys on the offense are Jackson, Johnson, Chandler, Wood and Levitre.

So your boy Nix is less than halfway home.

Thank goodness for Moorman.

better days
08-26-2012, 08:57 AM
LOL. Maybe their coaches could get him to play better. He sucked last night bad. He's HIGHLY over-rated. FJax is a stud. Choice is the 2nd best RB on the roster. Get a grip regarding Spiller. He was beyond awful last night.

Whatever IT is that Nix has assembled, Gailey has been overtly sloppy with it.

Aaron Williams sucked last night. Got burned all night long. Sheppard had one nice stop, very early on, then sucked. Highly touted Ron Brooks got burned and burned again by third stringers.

The only four solid defenders on this team are Barnett, Mario Williams, Kyle Williams and Marcel Dareus.

The only solid guys on the offense are Jackson, Johnson, Chandler, Wood and Levitre.

So your boy Nix is less than halfway home.

Thank goodness for Moorman.

PRESEASON. Lets see how the team does against the Jets.