PDA

View Full Version : Pats Oline

IAG
08-24-2012, 07:11 PM
Rumor has it that Brady did not play against Philly because of the issue on their O-line. Tonight vs. Tampa they have given up a ton of pressure and major sack.

I am telling you, we match up great with these guys up front. We will abuse Nate Solder and there is no way they can block Williams and Dareaus.

The last buffalo fan
08-24-2012, 07:23 PM
Rumor has it that Brady did not play against Philly because of the issue on their O-line. Tonight vs. Tampa they have given up a ton of pressure and major sack.

I am telling you, we match up great with these guys up front. We will abuse Nate Solder and there is no way they can block Williams and Dareaus.

Yeah, but we are no match for their Coach and Qb! :ill:

Night Train
08-24-2012, 07:27 PM
I wish Brady would wear the Bullseye Jersey I sent him.

The Jokeman
08-24-2012, 07:33 PM

We sacked Ponder twice in a drive earlier this preseason but he still marched his team up the field, without AP, for a TD drive. I won't deny our pass rush looks improved but I worry about our LBs and our starting CBs are question marks.

ZAZusmc03
08-24-2012, 07:58 PM
I just wonder why they have Aaron Hernandez receiving punts?

Goobylal
08-24-2012, 08:11 PM
The Pats may have to commit 7 guys on offense to blocking the Bills' front 4.

Meathead
08-24-2012, 09:03 PM
chuck the featers

ublinkwescore
08-24-2012, 09:56 PM
I wish Brady would wear the Bullseye Jersey I sent him.
What a coincidence, I sent him one as well, and it said supermarioisgay on the back.

Goobylal
08-24-2012, 10:20 PM
Who was starting on their O-line? Here's to hoping it stays weak.

feldspar
08-24-2012, 10:26 PM
I've never seen a guy have so much time in the pocket as Brady usually does. It's been pretty uncanny.

Matt Light just retired, and that's good news.

better days
08-24-2012, 11:47 PM
Well, I just finished watching the Pats* at the Bucs on Ch 36 Ft Myers. Chris Meyers & John Lynch called the game. So much better than some of the flotsam we must endure during the real season. The Bucs DL DOMINATED the Pats OL. Brady played 3 qtrs, looked RUSTY, was sacked a few times, but he was hit OFTEN. Trust me, he did not like it & it affected his game. The Bucs won the game EASILY, the final score looks closer than it was because the Pats* scored with the scrubs in at the end of the game. Also the Bucs OL dominated the Pats* DL for most of the game. Lynch: " With all the rules favoring the offense, the great equalizer is PRESSURE."

Anyone that HATES the Pats* & Brady should watch the replay, you will enjoy it, especially in the 4th qtr when they showed Brady on the sideline, the look on his face was priceless.

Fantasy Football players, you may want to pick up Freeman late as a backup QB. He is inconsistant, but will score you some points. You also may want Martin at RB, he reminds me of Joe Cribbs not a tall guy, but SOLID. He has the power to run inside & the speed to turn the corner. He hits the hole like Freddie.................FAST. And Conner Barth as your kicker, I would rather have him than Lindell.

GingerP
08-25-2012, 06:28 AM
I'll believe it when I see it. I remember they got crushed in the 3rd preseason game against Detroit a year ago and everyone got excited about them sucking. It was actually very similar to the Tampa game, except the Lions beat them worse (34 - 10). Then they went out and won 13 games. It is like a broken record.

ublinkwescore
08-25-2012, 06:46 AM
I can tell u right now that they are not wanting to see their pretty ***** boy take any shots.

better days
08-25-2012, 07:32 AM
I'll believe it when I see it. I remember they got crushed in the 3rd preseason game against Detroit a year ago and everyone got excited about them sucking. It was actually very similar to the Tampa game, except the Lions beat them worse (34 - 10). Then they went out and won 13 games. It is like a broken record.

Well, as the Giants proved & John Lynch said, pressure is the great equalizer. With the Bills ability to put the pressure on Brady this year, I like our chances. Trust me, if Brady keeps getting hit like he was last night, he will change his mind about wanting to play until he is 40.

better days
08-25-2012, 08:14 AM
Who was starting on their O-line? Here's to hoping it stays weak.

The big change on the Pats* OL is at Tackle. LT Matt Light who protected Bradys blindside for years retired this offseason. Now the Pats* have Nate Solder who the drafted last year at LT. Sebastion Volmer is the RT, but he has a bad back which will probably make him less effective.

Skooby
08-25-2012, 08:29 AM
If you get to Brady, the Pats lose.

better days
08-25-2012, 08:44 AM
If you get to Brady, the Pats lose.

Exactly. The Bucs got to him often last night & Brady never got it going. With this Bills defense, I think we have a real shot at sweeping the Pats* this year.

GingerP
08-25-2012, 08:46 AM
I'll believe it when I see it. People talk about the Pats going to crap every year. In the 3rd preseason game last year the Pats got crushed worse than yesterday and Brady got beat up even worse. Just look at the highlights:

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2011082757/2011/PRE3/patriots@lions#menu=highlights&tab=recap

I don't think Brady sat because of the OL against Philly, as the OP said, because he was one of about 25 guys sitting (including a bunch of defensive players). I think it had more to do with the Pats playing 3 games in 10 days, so they had to manage it.

I do think the Bills improved defensive line bodes well for them against the Pats, along with every other team they play. I just am not going to count on anything happening before I see it, and no preseason game is going to change my opinion either way.

better days
08-25-2012, 08:59 AM
I'll believe it when I see it. People talk about the Pats going to crap every year. In the 3rd preseason game last year the Pats got crushed worse than yesterday and Brady got beat up even worse. Just look at the highlights:

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2011082757/2011/PRE3/patriots@lions#menu=highlights&tab=recap

I don't think Brady sat because of the OL against Philly, as the OP said, because he was one of about 25 guys sitting (including a bunch of defensive players). I think it had more to do with the Pats playing 3 games in 10 days, so they had to manage it.

I do think the Bills improved defensive line bodes well for them against the Pats, along with every other team they play. I just am not going to count on anything happening before I see it, and no preseason game is going to change my opinion either way.

Well, like I said a big difference for the Pats* between last year & this year is the OL. Last year Pro Bowl LT Matt Light protected Brady. This year it will be Nate Solder And I would not be surprised if Cordy Glenn proves to be a better LT. At RT last year Nate Solder played because Sebastion Vollmer injured his back. This year Volmer will play RT as long as he can with a bad back.

I agree about the reason the Pats* rested their starters the last game, but against the Bucs, few starters looked good on both offense & defense. I don't remember hearing Vince Wilforks name called once all night. The Bucs were able to move the ball up & down the field both passing & running.

BertSquirtgum
08-25-2012, 11:14 AM
Tom Brady should be retiring soon. Probably after Mario knocks him senseless.

GingerP
08-25-2012, 11:50 AM
Well, like I said a big difference for the Pats* between last year & this year is the OL. Last year Pro Bowl LT Matt Light protected Brady. This year it will be Nate Solder And I would not be surprised if Cordy Glenn proves to be a better LT. At RT last year Nate Solder played because Sebastion Vollmer injured his back. This year Volmer will play RT as long as he can with a bad back.

I agree about the reason the Pats* rested their starters the last game, but against the Bucs, few starters looked good on both offense & defense. I don't remember hearing Vince Wilforks name called once all night. The Bucs were able to move the ball up & down the field both passing & running.

I don't know, man, I hear this stuff every year and then they win 13 games. They struggled bad last preseason as well. Admittedly, I didn't watch that whole game but saw most of the first half. Looking at the gamebook, the halftime stats were pretty close. The biggest difference was Tampa got a pick-6. Tampa only had 138 yards of offense in the half and were 1-for-6 on 3rd downs at that point, so it isn't like they lit it up offensively. The Pats were worse, but I didn't see them try to do a lot of things they do in the regular season. There was no motion on offense, they never went up-tempo. That is the stuff they kill teams with. I think Belichick does that stuff on purpose so they can look like crap and he can get on them.

Every year it is something different. Last year they were supposed to go into the crapper because of the defense, and yet they went to the Super Bowl anyway. This year everyone is harping on their OL, but they probably get it straightened out and move on like they always do. I know the preseason isn't any way to judge.

better days
08-25-2012, 12:16 PM
I don't know, man, I hear this stuff every year and then they win 13 games. They struggled bad last preseason as well. Admittedly, I didn't watch that whole game but saw most of the first half. Looking at the gamebook, the halftime stats were pretty close. The biggest difference was Tampa got a pick-6. Tampa only had 138 yards of offense in the half and were 1-for-6 on 3rd downs at that point, so it isn't like they lit it up offensively. The Pats were worse, but I didn't see them try to do a lot of things they do in the regular season. There was no motion on offense, they never went up-tempo. That is the stuff they kill teams with. I think Belichick does that stuff on purpose so they can look like crap and he can get on them.

Every year it is something different. Last year they were supposed to go into the crapper because of the defense, and yet they went to the Super Bowl anyway. This year everyone is harping on their OL, but they probably get it straightened out and move on like they always do. I know the preseason isn't any way to judge.

Well, I agree with much of what you say. I hate stats however for many reasons. One reason is it does not factor in field position. The Bucs had GOOD field position for the first half. The Pats* were at their 20 or worse for the first half. It would have taken at least an extra 60 yds for the Pats* to score than it did the Bucs. I don't think the Pats* even crossed midfield in the first QTR.

There is no question, you can't lose a pro bowl LT without that having an effect on the OL & his replacement, Solder did not look good last night. Like I said, I think Cordy Glenn will prove to be a better LT than Solder is. In fact Chris Hairston may be better. Tom Brady is 35 years old, his time is coming to an end................sooner than he wants.

don137
08-25-2012, 01:45 PM
Problem is I saw the Bills linebackers get torched by the Vikings Rbs and TEs with Ponder at QB. Imagine what NE will do.

better days
08-25-2012, 02:08 PM
Problem is I saw the Bills linebackers get torched by the Vikings Rbs and TEs with Ponder at QB. Imagine what NE will do.

Well, the Pats* have GREAT TEs they have no RB however as good as any on the Vikings. And Brady will have a hard time throwing to his TEs when he is on the ground.

cookie G
08-25-2012, 02:26 PM

Brian Waters is still AWOL, I think, and that changes the interior of the Oline a great deal. Actually, Mankins/Waters vs. Williams/Dareus is a great matchup, but without him, I think they slide Connolly over to G.

Did Vollmer play RT last night? I know he's been hurt and might not have played.

I think the best match up we're going to get is Anderson vs. Solder. And of course, if Waters retires...the inside match up is good too.

Meathead
08-25-2012, 04:32 PM
i have a secret to tell you guys. please keep this to yourselves, please delete this post after you read it, and if you print it out eat the evidence

ok, here goes. ready?

PRESEASON IS MEANINGLESS

doesnt matter what happens in preseason, the cheaters will win twelve games as long as marcia plays every game

this message will self destruct in five seconds

BertSquirtgum
08-25-2012, 09:56 PM
PRESEASON IS MEANINGLESS

No