PDA

View Full Version : Fitz isn't exactly giving us much confidence...

jamze132
08-25-2012, 07:46 PM
Same issues as last year. His accuracy is killing me.

kingJofNYC
08-25-2012, 07:51 PM
Right, but I'm going to pick on Mario tonight. Dude has looked lazy out there, and he's lucky to be playing with Dareus/K.Williams.

Lets all be honest, the two guys who consistently show ability is K.Williams and Fred, K.Will looks like an absolute monster tonight. Pouncey's getting *****ed slapped all night.

YardRat
08-25-2012, 07:55 PM
KW and Dareus are going to be tough for anybody to handle this season.

kingJofNYC
08-25-2012, 07:57 PM
KW and Dareus are going to be tough for anybody to handle this season.
Word, Dareus abusing Pouncey at times.

billsburgh
08-25-2012, 08:04 PM
Right, but I'm going to pick on Mario tonight. Dude has looked lazy out there, and he's lucky to be playing with Dareus/K.Williams.

Lets all be honest, the two guys who consistently show ability is K.Williams and Fred, K.Will looks like an absolute monster tonight. Pouncey's getting *****ed slapped all night.

if 2 sacks in the first half is lazy, I'll be very happy with lazy.

kingJofNYC
08-25-2012, 08:11 PM
one if not two were the direct result of kyle williams funneling everything his way, he was just cleaning up. the best thing to ever happen to mario is kyle.

Buffalo Thriller
08-25-2012, 08:16 PM
It's preseason I doubt Mario is playing at 110%.

DrGraves
08-25-2012, 08:21 PM
Yep... i dont care if the D isn't brining it every play... but there isnt an excuse for fitz not being able to hit the broad side of a barn

Mr. Pink
08-25-2012, 08:51 PM
The problem is the two or three guys if you're counting Brad Smith behind him are worse.

BertSquirtgum
08-25-2012, 09:52 PM
Fitzpatrick sucks and Vince Young is right behind him. This team is in trouble.

Beebe
08-25-2012, 11:05 PM
fitz needs to step it up man.

thesquirrelking
08-26-2012, 02:28 AM
I was at the game and I noticed that he was not looking off the safety, he was totally locking onto his guy as soon as the ball was snapped. Add to that the fact that his throws were god awful his last two series or so, and I was not feeling too good about our QB position...

madness
08-26-2012, 02:40 AM
Incompletions due partly to miscommunication (http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2012/08/26/incompletions-due-partly-to-miscommunication/)

<small style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">Posted by Chris Brown on <abbr title="2012-08-26T01:17:59-0400" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: initial; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; font-variant: normal; cursor: pointer; border-bottom-style: none; border-bottom-color: initial; ">August 26, 2012 – 1:17 am </abbr></small>

Ryan Fitzpatrick was just 7-18 passing including a stretch of 2-8 for 24 yards in the second quarter when Buffalo’s offense ground to a halt. As the saying goes the quarterback gets too much of the blame when things go wrong and that was the case as Chan Gailey saw it.
Four of those six incompletions in the second quarter were due to misccomunication from Gailey’s view of it.
“I think I am going to see the same thing on the film that I saw out there,” said Gailey. ”Some guys did not go to the right places for (Fitzpatrick). We have to make sure that we get guys going in the right places for him. He saw it and I thought that he was going to the right place (with the ball). We just have to keep working on the little things that we were doing well last year. If we can keep people off of him, I think we will be fine. He got hit too much tonight. There were too many people around him.”
When Buffalobills.com asked for specifics Gailey explained.
“We had somebody stop on a route,” said Gailey. ”We had somebody think that it was going to be down the field when it was a back shoulder, stop throw. We have to keep working on getting on the same page on those things like that.”

Meathead
08-26-2012, 05:50 AM
did you ever hear of the acronym PIMA?

do you know what it means?

yes thats correct. it means PRESEASON IS MEANINGLESS ... AGAIN

coincidentally it also means pain in my ass, which you gloomers are being

NOT THE DUDE...
08-26-2012, 06:30 AM
when we beat the jets 30-10, then people will realize....

YardRat
08-26-2012, 06:46 AM
Gailey said at halftime Fitz was making the right reads.

gebobs
08-26-2012, 06:57 AM
did you ever hear of the acronym PIMA?

do you know what it means?

yes thats correct. it means PRESEASON IS MEANINGLESS ... AGAIN

coincidentally it also means pain in my ass, which you gloomers are being
Meaningless as far as standings go. But not meaningless as far as seeing the team's capability...again.

better days
08-26-2012, 08:53 AM
if 2 sacks in the first half is lazy, I'll be very happy with lazy.

Agreed. I would be happy with 32 sacks for the season from Mario.

gebobs
08-26-2012, 08:55 AM
Agreed. I would be happy with 32 sacks for the season from Mario.
And considering he only played part the half, we can expect triple digits!

swiper
08-26-2012, 08:56 AM
Fitzpatrick would be third string in San Francisco.

He'd be third or fourth string with the Steelers.

He shouldn't be first string anywhere.

I thought some of those passes last night were intended for fans in the stands.

pmoon6
08-26-2012, 08:58 AM
We are going to suck so bad this year. Rinse, repeat since 1999.

swiper
08-26-2012, 09:01 AM

Let's face it, there's a lot to complain about from last night. The play of Mario Williams is not one of them in my book.

A lot of players knew they needed to show up and make an impact last night. Most didn't. Williams did. McKelvin did.

gebobs
08-26-2012, 09:03 AM

But but...it's only preseason. Watch Fitz go from bum to the second coming of Otto Graham in September!

better days
08-26-2012, 09:03 AM

If Fitz is as bad as some people think, then the Bills should be in very good position to draft a GOOD QB next year.

- - - Updated - - -

swiper
08-26-2012, 09:15 AM
If Fitz is as bad as some people think, then the Bills should be in very good position to draft a GOOD QB next year.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess you can look at that as a saving grace.

But both of us know Fitzpatrick will improve somewhat. History shows it is about well enough to get the Bills to a 7 - 9 record and to pick #8 to #11 in the next draft. Usually out of reach for the top 2 or 3 QBs.

better days
08-26-2012, 09:18 AM

But both of us know Fitzpatrick will improve somewhat. History shows it is about well enough to get the Bills to a 7 - 9 record and to pick #8 to #11 in the next draft. Usually out of reach for the top 2 or 3 QBs.

Well, if the Bills go 7-9 this year, I would give up as much as the Redskins did this year to get a GOOD QB.

gebobs
08-26-2012, 09:19 AM

I think the book is out on Fitz. I wouldn't expect them to fool anyone like they did last year. He generally does better in September and October, but that's the toughest part of the schedule this year. The puff part is when he breaks down.

YardRat
08-26-2012, 09:23 AM
Well, if the Bills go 7-9 this year, I would give up as much as the Redskins did this year to get a GOOD QB.

Obviously we've got a full season that has yet to be played to determined what our needs in next year's draft may be, but if the rest of the roster rounds out as expected (hoped?) it wouldn't surprise me if QB is very high on the list.

At the very minimum, at least Nix has taken the proper path by working on the defense and offensive line first.

better days
08-26-2012, 09:25 AM
Obviously we've got a full season that has yet to be played to determined what our needs in next year's draft may be, but if the rest of the roster rounds out as expected (hoped?) it wouldn't surprise me if QB is very high on the list.

At the very minimum, at least Nix has taken the proper path by working on the defense and offensive line first.

Agreed. And if the Bills don't make the playoffs this year, I think Fitz will be the the fault of that if the team stays healthy.

swiper
08-26-2012, 09:36 AM

Yes. This, in and of itself, was a ten year problem the fans all kept screaming to do. Finally Wilson bellied up and got a guy who at least knew to do that.

The QB thing is another story. I think he would have gotten somebody if he felt they were within reasonable reach. bd is right. If Fitz stinks up the place, they're going to have to give up as much as is needed to get somebody else.

Meathead
08-26-2012, 09:58 AM
Meaningless as far as standings go. But not meaningless as far as seeing the team's capability...again.

i have three words for you: MEAN WING LESS. i had to use wing bc its the only close word but you get the idea

Meathead
08-26-2012, 09:59 AM
wait it have a better one: ME AWNING LESS. ok i guess the first one was better

how about two words and a hispanic singer: ME KNEE INGLESIAS

no wait, i got it, three words: ME KNEE GLASS. sound it out

gebobs
08-26-2012, 01:58 PM
i have three words for you: MEAN WING LESS. i had to use wing bc its the only close word but you get the idea
I have no idea what you are trying to say just as I have no idea why you have to remind everyone that preseason is meaningless every year only to watch the Bills fall flat on their faces again.

Skooby
08-26-2012, 02:02 PM
I have no idea what you are trying to say just as I have no idea why you have to remind everyone that preseason is meaningless every year only to watch the Bills fall flat on their faces again.

Would you like some cheese with that whine?

gebobs
08-26-2012, 03:27 PM
Would you like some cheese with that whine?
Whine? I'm just pointing out the fact that meat says this every year on the Range. Unless you used to go there, you don't have a clue what you are posting about.

Every year, it's the same mantra: "Preseason is meaningless." It was said when Edwards was stinking up the joint and we were told we didn't know what we were talking about and that Edwards would be fine in September.

The only time preseason has been meaningless was when the Bills went 2-2 two years ago and then **** the bed.

Skooby
08-26-2012, 05:15 PM
Whine? I'm just pointing out the fact that meat says this every year on the Range. Unless you used to go there, you don't have a clue what you are posting about.

Every year, it's the same mantra: "Preseason is meaningless." It was said when Edwards was stinking up the joint and we were told we didn't know what we were talking about and that Edwards would be fine in September.

The only time preseason has been meaningless was when the Bills went 2-2 two years ago and then **** the bed.

Pre-season stats / records get deleted, did you ever even hear an announcer say what a Pre-season this player had last year?

Johnny Bugmenot
08-26-2012, 06:40 PM
Russ Brandon needs to dangle the stadium lease over each and every one of those players' heads and remind them of the stakes of this season.

No playoffs, and they'll all be packing their bags.

Skooby
08-26-2012, 06:44 PM
Russ Brandon needs to dangle the stadium lease over each and every one of those players' heads and remind them of the stakes of this season.

No playoffs, and they'll all be packing their bags.

Packing to go from Buffalo to Los Angeles from a player's mind ?? Have you thought this out ??

YardRat
08-26-2012, 06:51 PM
Pre-season stats / records get deleted, did you ever even hear an announcer say what a Pre-season this player had last year?

Actually, I have heard that.

Skooby
08-26-2012, 07:06 PM
Actually, I have heard that.

So you've heard announcers describe previous seasons Pre-season play?? That's a pretty big reach for information, I mean like a huge reach. I'm sure it could of come up but those stats can be hugely skewed.

gebobs
08-26-2012, 07:19 PM
What's that got to do with anything? We are told preseason is meaningless. It's not. Anyone with half a brain can see that some people are going to make the team and some are definitely going to get cut based on preseason. Anyone with half a brain can see where the Bills weakness are based on preseason.

The stats and record in preseason don't matter but I certainly didn't need to put Edwards under center for three games in 2010 to see he was a putz after he **** the bed in preseason.

And I will tell you right here and right now that Fitz is mediocre. I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt before the last few weeks because everyone was blaming his injury. But he's the same old Fitz. Wildly inaccurate. Below average arm strength. Will fatigue as the season progresses. And the book is out on him.

Mr. Pink
08-27-2012, 04:01 AM
What's that got to do with anything? We are told preseason is meaningless. It's not. Anyone with half a brain can see that some people are going to make the team and some are definitely going to get cut based on preseason. Anyone with half a brain can see where the Bills weakness are based on preseason.

The stats and record in preseason don't matter but I certainly didn't need to put Edwards under center for three games in 2010 to see he was a putz after he **** the bed in preseason.

And I will tell you right here and right now that Fitz is mediocre. I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt before the last few weeks because everyone was blaming his injury. But he's the same old Fitz. Wildly inaccurate. Below average arm strength. Will fatigue as the season progresses. And the book is out on him.

To be honest, we knew last year and the year before that Fitz was mediocre it didn't take these last 3 games to figure it out. Or at least it shouldn't have. Same with Edwards, you knew what he was before the 2010 preseason, or again at least should have.

We hung pretty well with the Steelers starters, which is all that really matters with that last game. Does that mean if that game mattered we would have won? Of course not. We're a mediocre football team that if we get every break and bounce could make the playoffs. In the NFL however, you never get every break or bounce. Which means we're a team that's flirting around .500.

Being .500 is an improvement however. Even if it's not good enough.

Now the real question becomes if we have a small improvement does that give the clowns in charge another year?

jamze132
08-27-2012, 07:51 AM
I was at the game and I noticed that he was not looking off the safety, he was totally locking onto his guy as soon as the ball was snapped. Add to that the fact that his throws were god awful his last two series or so, and I was not feeling too good about our QB position...

Not disputing your observation, but you could see Fitz's eyes as he scanned the field?

jamze132
08-27-2012, 07:57 AM
I think our record will model Fitz's play. If he plays great, we'll get 10+ wins. If he plays like he did last year, we're going .500.

justasportsfan
08-27-2012, 08:30 AM
Rothlesberger was lucky he got pulled out. He would've been safer driving a crotch rocket without a helmet.

Historian
08-27-2012, 08:35 AM
Packing to go from Buffalo to Los Angeles from a player's mind ?? Have you thought this out ??

Really.

They'd be thinking....Hey, this year's a gimme!

jdbillsfan
08-27-2012, 09:38 AM
"I would say if (Fitzpatrick) plays good, we'll be good," Nix said. "If he doesn't, then we'll be suspect.

"Obviously we're better on defense and that'll help him. He'll get the ball more. He won't have to score every time he gets it. But it's vital that he play good and doesn't turn the ball over."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000054006/article/ryan-fitzpatrick-aims-to-recapture-magic-for-buffalo-bills

I don't think you would hear a GM from any team with a QB they are confident in make this comment.

Meathead
08-27-2012, 10:21 AM
so bc the bills have sucked most of the last decade and usually had poor preseason records that means the two are linked

never mind historical results for the rest of the league shows there is zero correlation

you got me