PDA

View Full Version : Pray our starters stay healthy, the supposed depth isn't there

Skooby
08-25-2012, 09:23 PM
I know a snowjob when I hear it & even mentioning that the cuts are going to be difficult is a joke. I could cut this team down to 53 easily, without much regret.

Play no starters next week, all 2nd & 3rd string. Let them run each other all over & then cut bait.

ServoBillieves
08-25-2012, 09:36 PM
Agreed.

YardRat
08-25-2012, 09:48 PM
48 is pretty easy to hit, the remaining five are a little tougher just for the options on where the team wants to keep extra players, or go short. Some of the guys we let go will latch on with other teams, but it's pretty unlikely any of them will step into any kind of semi-significant role with their new team.

cookie G
08-25-2012, 10:05 PM
Well let's hope he doesn't yank the entire DL on the last drive of a half in the regular season.

BADTHINGSMAN
08-26-2012, 12:24 AM
I was hoping to see more out of Easley this PS. Makes me wonder if he is out of favor of the coaches or if he has been limited to keep him healthy.

ServoBillieves
08-26-2012, 01:41 AM
My only 3 questions are at 3 positions:

1) Who gets the backup spot
2) Has Corey McIntyre played at all? Does Dorin get the nod?
3) Last safety/corner/end/receiver kept.

YardRat
08-26-2012, 06:51 AM
My only 3 questions are at 3 positions:

1) Who gets the backup spot
2) Has Corey McIntyre played at all? Does Dorin get the nod?
3) Last safety/corner/end/receiver kept.

McIntyre has been on the field quite a bit, offense and special teams. I've had Dorin making the squad as third TE, but not so sure after last night. He appears to be struggling with picking up the basics.

JoeMama
08-26-2012, 06:56 AM
For real, man.

That second half was a dumpster fire.

stuckincincy
08-26-2012, 10:26 AM
McIntyre has been on the field quite a bit, offense and special teams. I've had Dorin making the squad as third TE, but not so sure after last night. He appears to be struggling with picking up the basics.

With the amount of TE involvement in the BUF pass game, naming one as third is just window dressing. :mybills:

But look on the bright side. I doubt any of the PS-eligible Bills cut will be plucked off the waiver wire.

Buddo
08-26-2012, 02:18 PM
Depends on how you want to view things. If you want to have guys who can step in for injured starters, or rotate to give somebody a breather, playing alongside our starters, then we do have depth. If you want a whole other 2nd team who can compete as a separate unit, then we don't have that.

As I understand it, your 'depth' is supposed to be the first part of the above i.e. guys who can step in alongside your starters, and perform.
I don't believe we are doomed just yet.

YardRat
08-26-2012, 03:31 PM
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/213359-Bills-cut-nine

OH NO!!! OUR BACK-UP LONG SNAPPER GOT CUT!!! OUR DEPTH REALLY DOES SUCK!!