PDA

View Full Version : The Buffalo Bills stink

BertSquirtgum
08-25-2012, 09:50 PM
Bills stink. I'll leave you guys to marinate on that.

Historian
08-25-2012, 09:52 PM
I have seen nothing the preseason that leads me to believe they are any better than 7-9.

BertSquirtgum
08-25-2012, 09:55 PM
I'm thinking 6-10 again. It makes me really sad to be completely honest.

kingJofNYC
08-25-2012, 09:55 PM
Hope it's less than 4 wins, need a QB.

ServoBillieves
08-25-2012, 09:58 PM
We're really bad at scrimmages. 1-15.

God the regular season needs to get here.

kingJofNYC
08-25-2012, 10:04 PM
We're really bad at scrimmages. 1-15.

God the regular season needs to get here.

Yeah, we need to start losing in the regular season!

Albany,n.y.
08-25-2012, 10:14 PM
Before panic sets in look at the teams we play in November & December. There are 5-6 wins right there. Now that doesn't mean the future is bright, but with this schedule 9 or more wins are very reasonable. I'm more worried about 2013 and beyond because I doubt we'll see an easier schedule in the next decade & this season's record may be fool's gold.

JoeMama
08-25-2012, 10:16 PM
I thought our starters looked fine.

We'll definitely look better in the regular season than we have in the preseason.

There's too much talent on the roster not to.

We'll be fine for the opener. The Jets are imploding faster than I once thought was humanly possible.

kingJofNYC
08-25-2012, 10:21 PM
Needed to do a better job on O with the first team, our D and ST gave us great field position and we only came up with 7 points.

SquishDaFish
08-25-2012, 10:23 PM
unreal need reg season

BertSquirtgum
08-25-2012, 10:24 PM
unreal need reg season

Unreal? Really? You aren't worried at all? Anyone who isn't even slightly worried would have to be ******ed.

JoeMama
08-25-2012, 10:26 PM
Unreal? Really? You aren't worried at all? Anyone who isn't even slightly worried would have to be ******ed.

We stunk it up in the preseason last year as well.

And to be fair, our starters looked pretty sharp for most of the first half tonight.

I think you'll see better production on opening day.

Just a hunch.

MTBillsFan
08-25-2012, 10:28 PM
I'm a little worried that the starting offense hasn't produced more. Plus Mario and co. need to create more pressure!

Generalissimus Gibby
08-25-2012, 10:29 PM

I am not worried, but I see a young team that is actually improving, but I am sticking with 9-7

BertSquirtgum
08-25-2012, 10:29 PM
And to be fair, our starters looked pretty sharp for most of the first half tonight.

The defense looked like an nfl defense. The offense was still something left to be desired. The only good players were the interior o-line and freddy.

JoeMama
08-25-2012, 10:48 PM
The defense looked like an nfl defense. The offense was still something left to be desired. The only good players were the interior o-line and freddy.

And no injuries.

That's always the #1 reason to be grateful in the preseason.

Skooby
08-25-2012, 11:34 PM
Mario had 2 sacks against their starters & the defense played pretty good most of the first half.

madness
08-26-2012, 02:42 AM
We are so screwed when our 2nd and 3rd team get in during the regular season.

kishoph
08-26-2012, 03:00 AM
I feel there's a few of you who couldn't be happier with yesterday's results, but don't pop the champagne yet, Preseason results mean diddly, the teams are not on an even playing field, some teams game plan more, some less. The Steelers continuously sent 5 rushers last night, I doubt that Gailey prepared the team expecting the Steelers to bring it so much in a preseason game and that's just one example of dozen's of things that can influence the outcome. There's chances that are taken or not taken in the preseason compared to the regular season, there's the effort, etc, etc, etc. Sure there were things that can be concerning, but there's no way would I predict how the regular season will go based on the preseason. Just last season the Bills went 1-3 in the preseason, scoring only 1 TD in 3 of the games, yet started the season 5-2, winning the first 3. With the strength of schedule and the improvements made on defense, this will be a playoff team.

feldspar
08-26-2012, 05:22 AM
Preseason results cannot be trusted. Not much else to say. Who the Bills are this year remains to be seen.

The bills uniforms look great at least, all bogus new flywire technology collars aside. I love the white helmets.

Meathead
08-26-2012, 05:53 AM
images in preseason mirror are always smaller than they appear

GingerP
08-26-2012, 06:00 AM
For all the angst about yesterday's game, it was a worse game for the Steelers. They lost DeCastro for the season. The Bills came out relatively healthy. That is all that matters.

Meathead
08-26-2012, 06:05 AM
every season without fail we learn that preseason is meaningless and yet every preseason most people completely overreact to them anyway. its like groundhog deja vu day all over again

Johnny Bugmenot
08-26-2012, 06:07 AM
I'll say this much: the starting defense looked great... but once again, beyond the Dream Team D-line this team is tragically shallow. They should have had that safety at the end of the first half (Roethlisberger was a sitting duck) and instead they let in a touchdown.

Special teams looked great.

Offense was horrible. How do you get four starts within enemy territory and only once come out with points? They should have at least gotten field goals out of those drives!

Jan Reimers
08-26-2012, 06:57 AM
The sky isn't falling, but I see some ominous clouds gathering quickly over this team's head.

Fitz is shaky, perhaps due mainly to our offensive line being really . . . offensive.

The D gives up too many big plays. Our young, starting CBs are totally raw.

As usual, our depth is almost non-existent.

We have two weeks to get a whole lot better, or the opener with the Jets might be really ugly.

gebobs
08-26-2012, 07:01 AM
We are so screwed when our 2nd and 3rd team get in during the regular season.
True...unfortunately, they usually play significant roles by November.

gebobs
08-26-2012, 07:04 AM
every season without fail we learn that preseason is meaningless and yet every preseason most people completely overreact to them anyway. its like groundhog deja vu day all over again
I know. Seriously. They sucked in preseason last year and look how good they did. And they sucked the year before in preseason and they rocked in regular season. In fact, I think they've blown in every preseason the last 10 years and it's utterly meaningless compared to how awesome they are come September.

The Bills preseason, as usual, will extend into October.

better days
08-26-2012, 09:22 AM
For all the angst about yesterday's game, it was a worse game for the Steelers. They lost DeCastro for the season. The Bills came out relatively healthy. That is all that matters.

Agreed. I'm sure the Steelers would take a 38-7 loss with a healthy DeCastro over a 38-7 win & DeCastro out for the year.

pmoon6
08-26-2012, 09:42 AM
The Buffalo Bills suck from top to bottom. Lets all go root for the Patriots!!!!

BertSquirtgum
08-26-2012, 10:19 AM
I'm so sick of the bull****, "It's only pre-season" Are you ****ing serious? 75% of the starters aren't executing correctly and they look like ****. How on earth one can believe they are just going to magically turn it on against the Jets is beyond comprehension.

Typ0
08-26-2012, 01:06 PM
come on people give the guys a break...after all it is a rebuilding year.

stuckincincy
08-26-2012, 01:28 PM
come on people give the guys a break...after all it is a rebuilding year.

Yes - these things take time. 12 years now since a playoff spot, but they are still right on schedule with the re-building. It's a marvel.

Skooby
08-26-2012, 01:52 PM
There are many tall bridges & buildings to fix the sulking, otherwise let's see how things go first before going to extremes. We play a lot of crappy teams, so we will win games. Plan on a bumpy ride, with some curves (as usual).

stuckincincy
08-26-2012, 02:05 PM
Pray, how do tall buildings and bridges fix sulking? Are you channeling Alec Baldwin, who vowed to move to Canada when Bush won in 2000 but didn't? :scratch:

Skooby
08-26-2012, 02:08 PM
Pray, how do tall buildings and bridges fix sulking? Are you channeling Alec Baldwin, who vowed to move to Canada when Bush won in 2000 but didn't? :scratch:

Praytell ? Well, you either leap or live. Nothing negative or positive has happened for 4 real game quarters yet this season. We also looked good early last year so there's nothing to really go by, only best hopes for our success.

The whining that occurs after meaningless gameplay happens is quite the self-loathing that has plagued the message boards. Let's complain after something meaningful one way or the other happens, pray for healthy starters is my best advice.

gebobs
08-26-2012, 03:30 PM
Praytell ? Well, you either leap or live. Nothing negative or positive has happened for 4 real game quarters yet this season. We also looked good early last year so there's nothing to really go by, only best hopes for our success.

The whining that occurs after meaningless gameplay happens is quite the self-loathing that has plagued the message boards. Let's complain after something meaningful one way or the other happens, pray for healthy starters is my best advice.
Well, fine and dandy then. Let's all just have a happy little Buffalo Bills circle jerk.

This is a discussion forum. If you don't like negative discussion on a forum for the most incompetent franchise of the past decade plus, you might want to take a break from here.

Skooby
08-26-2012, 03:42 PM
Well, fine and dandy then. Let's all just have a happy little Buffalo Bills circle jerk.

This is a discussion forum. If you don't like negative discussion on a forum for the most incompetent franchise of the past decade plus, you might want to take a break from here.

It's all negative, so it's time for a depression break. The starters looked good on both sides of the ball there for almost a half, heresy by me saying it.

HAMMER
08-26-2012, 05:20 PM
11-5!

THATHURMANATOR
08-26-2012, 06:18 PM
Get off the bandwagon *****es.....

I will remember this....

CoolBreeze
08-26-2012, 07:45 PM
I'm so sick of the bull****, "It's only pre-season" Are you ****ing serious? 75% of the starters aren't executing correctly and they look like ****. How on earth one can believe they are just going to magically turn it on against the Jets is beyond comprehension.
Did you not watch the 1st half? The starting unit matched pretty even, I thought. They did play a pretty good team. I would be more worried if it was the Rams or Jags. Maybe your obsession with breasts cloud your vision.

Skooby
08-26-2012, 07:47 PM
Did you not watch the 1st half? The starting unit matched pretty even, I thought. They did play a pretty good team. I would be more worried if it was the Rams or Jags. Maybe your obsession with breasts cloud your vision.

HurkN. keeps abreast of things.

Johnny Bugmenot
08-26-2012, 08:07 PM
The Buffalo Bills suck from top to bottom. Lets all go root for the Patriots!!!!
At least the Patriots make the playoffs, oh, you know, every year except one since 2001!

GingerP
08-26-2012, 08:36 PM
At least the Patriots make the playoffs, oh, you know, every year except one since 2001!

Two - 2002 and 2008.

gebobs
08-26-2012, 09:38 PM
It's all negative, so it's time for a depression break. The starters looked good on both sides of the ball there for almost a half, heresy by me saying it.
You thought the offense looked good? Really? Let's see now:

7 drives
5 first downs
2 three-and-outs
1 drive with 2 first downs
1 fumble that gave Pitt a short field TD
1 drive that started on the Pitt 42 that gained 2 yards and still gave the ball back to Pitt with enough time for them to drive all over us for the go ahead TD

The offense sucked.

Skooby
08-26-2012, 09:48 PM
You thought the offense looked good? Really? Let's see now:

7 drives
5 first downs
2 three-and-outs
1 drive with 2 first downs
1 fumble that gave Pitt a short field TD
1 drive that started on the Pitt 42 that gained 2 yards and still gave the ball back to Pitt with enough time for them to drive all over us for the go ahead TD

The offense sucked.

Fred's the starting RB, regardless of what is being presented so Spiller's fumble wasn't a starting offense error IMO. We also tried out a few new tricks & didn't bother to use many screens early on to slow down the rush, so it was fairly obvious that the game-planning was still limited at best.

I'm also fairly certain that the Steelers spent plenty of time planning their defensive strategies & are a significantly more talent than most of our regular-season opponents.

BertSquirtgum
08-26-2012, 09:53 PM
Fred's the starting RB, regardless of what is being presented so Spiller's fumble wasn't a starting offense error IMO. We also tried out a few new tricks & didn't bother to use many screens early on to slow down the rush, so it was fairly obvious that the game-planning was still limited at best.

More bull**** excuses, you are almost as bad as Chris Brown.

Skooby
08-26-2012, 09:57 PM
More bull**** excuses, you are almost as bad as Chris Brown.

Would we normally throw screen to Fred to slow down the pass rush ? Did you see many screens to Fred or even Spiller ? Use that reference as a starting point before making a counter-point.

BertSquirtgum
08-26-2012, 10:01 PM
There were a bunch of check out screens. What are you talking about? Did you even watch the game?

Skooby
08-26-2012, 10:24 PM
There were a bunch of check out screens. What are you talking about? Did you even watch the game?

In what quarter did a majority of them occur ?

BertSquirtgum
08-26-2012, 10:30 PM
Fitz throwing them at Stevie's feet and Steve dropped one good screen pass. I take it you didn't watch the game then?

Skooby
08-26-2012, 10:38 PM
Fitz throwing them at Stevie's feet and Steve dropped one good screen pass. I take it you didn't watch the game then?

A majority of the screens was in what quarter, I'll give you 4 choices in a non-tie game (hint that it's not the first quarter).

BertSquirtgum
08-26-2012, 10:58 PM
You obviously aren't skilled labor.

Mr. Pink
08-27-2012, 03:52 AM
Really think we're a little improved from last year UNLESS the injury bug hits.

If we can stay relatively injury free we'll flirt with .500, which is an improvement, if the injury bug hits holy cow we're gonna suck.

Truth is almost any team in the NFL that gets hit with the injury bug is gonna suck though.

pmoon6
08-27-2012, 07:11 AM
At least the Patriots make the playoffs, oh, you know, every year except one since 2001!I'm sure you have a Tom Brady love doll. How many times did they make the playoffs before 2001?

Ingtar33
08-27-2012, 08:10 AM
Really think we're a little improved from last year UNLESS the injury bug hits.

If we can stay relatively injury free we'll flirt with .500, which is an improvement, if the injury bug hits holy cow we're gonna suck.

Truth is almost any team in the NFL that gets hit with the injury bug is gonna suck though.

True

That said, the injury bug is also partly team mental toughness. Bill Parcells was pretty well known for losing the fewest games to team injury when he coached... mostly because he made the players terrified that their backups would take their starting positions if they missed too many games to injury. The result was his players played through most of the moderate to light injuries that most players on other teams would sit for a few games if they had.

I'm not really condoning this, as i don't think this sort of thing is great for a players long term career... however, its an undeniable fact that teams with the fewest games lost to injuries tend to be winning football teams. And certain coaches tend to coach teams that always lead the league in this stat... and tend to be in the playoffs year after year as a result.

The Bills are in a terrible position because their depth really stinks... so we can't afford to lose too many players to injury. This makes this season particularly vulnerable to an injury bug.

Setting that aside, our linebackers suck, our QB is mediocre, and our WRs/CBs aren't anything to write home about. This is probably a team with a 10 game win ceiling, if everything breaks their way.