PDA

View Full Version : The Bills Don't Have A Backup QB & Fitz Is Struggling

Night Train
08-26-2012, 05:15 AM
Better get on the phones this week and find a Vet on the bubble.

To all you Vince Young fan boys.....Hahahahahaha...he SUCKS !

feldspar
08-26-2012, 05:24 AM
Who are you gonna get?

Night Train
08-26-2012, 05:27 AM
Who are you gonna get?

Sigh..probably just Thigpen. :unhappy:

GingerP
08-26-2012, 06:02 AM
Tarvaris Jackson? He is available and has the athleticism Gailey values.

Other than that, it is pretty much a crapshoot.

The Compromise
08-26-2012, 07:29 AM
Who are you gonna get?

A new GM, a competent one, and Head Coach too, then you don't find yourself in this position. They'll be complaining at the end of the season, or even during it, as if it's not their own fault.

Night Train
08-26-2012, 07:40 AM
There was 2 good ones in this draft and they were gone immediately. Russell Wilson was a 3rd round gamble by Seattle but it's still a question if a 5-11 QB can be the long term answer.

Many more options available in the next draft but that doesn't do anything for the present. Hasslebeck is 36 and watching Locker in Tenny.. but I doubt they'd give him up unless he requested his release. Young has a 10 cent brain and that might be 9 cents too generous. Thigpen should move on to a coaching career.

Gailey must be concerned. I'd keep an eye on the waiver wire.

better days
08-26-2012, 07:45 AM
There was 2 good ones in this draft and they were gone immediately. Russell Wilson was a 3rd round gamble by Seattle but it's still a question if a 5-11 QB can be the long term answer.

Many more options available in the next draft but that doesn't do anything for the present. Hasslebeck is 36 and watching Locker in Tenny.. but I doubt they'd give him up unless he requested his release. Young has a 10 cent brain and that might be 9 cents too generous. Thigpen should move on to a coaching career.

Gailey must be concerned. I'd keep an eye on the waiver wire.

Just because Thigpen is a terrible QB doesn't mean he can coach. Maybe insurance sales or selling used cars would suit him.

YardRat
08-26-2012, 07:54 AM
Thigpen should just call it a career and follow Oliver Luck's path to successful quarterbacking at the NFL level.

stuckincincy
08-26-2012, 09:51 AM
Tarvaris Jackson? He is available and has the athleticism Gailey values.

Other than that, it is pretty much a crapshoot.

I'd be a bit surprised if SEA let Jackson go. Flynn has yet to prove he was but a flash in GBs' (luxurious) pan.

GingerP
08-26-2012, 10:26 AM
I'd be a bit surprised if SEA let Jackson go. Flynn has yet to prove he was but a flash in GBs' (luxurious) pan.

Flynn hasn't looked bad, I think he is a competent NFL QB. He is a gamer and leader, and has been since college at LSU. He didn't lose the job as much as Wilson won it.

Jackson is gone, he makes too much money ($4M) to be a 3rd QB. They are trying to trade him, and failing that he will be cut. They won't even let him play in any preseason games, because they don't want him getting hurt.

stuckincincy
08-26-2012, 10:29 AM
Flynn hasn't looked bad, I think he is a competent NFL QB. He is a gamer and leader, and has been since college at LSU. He didn't lose the job as much as Wilson won it.

Jackson is gone, he makes too much money ($4M) to be a 3rd QB. They are trying to trade him, and failing that he will be cut. They won't even let him play in any preseason games, because they don't want him getting hurt.

Ah... Thanks for the info re Jackson. So - he makes the same as Brad Smith. Hmmm.

LVGrown
08-26-2012, 11:09 AM
Was Fitz really struggling that bad? Stevie Johnson blew what would have been a monster gain if he didn't stop running and ran a wrong route on another. Those were 2 sure first downs from what I remember, maybe a TD. The 3 knocked down passes were ugly, but outside of that it was the Steelers D and they were blitzing the hell out of us. My big complaint is the constant abandonment of the run game. Freddy Jackson was breaking off 10 yard runs every time he had the ball it seemed. Here's hoping they were wanting to work on the pass game because they already know what beast Freddy and Spiller will be.

Figster
08-26-2012, 11:15 AM
Young stunk the place up last night, but I'll still take Young over Thiggy in a heart beat because he's only going to get better,

its 3 games into the preseason OP and this just in,

Steelers have a pretty damn good/confusing Defense...

stuckincincy
08-26-2012, 11:26 AM

When PGH was on their own 1 near the end of the half, it would have been nice to see BUF run some confusing defense of their own. :bandwagon

kingJofNYC
08-26-2012, 11:41 AM
Was Fitz really struggling that bad? Stevie Johnson blew what would have been a monster gain if he didn't stop running and ran a wrong route on another. Those were 2 sure first downs from what I remember, maybe a TD. The 3 knocked down passes were ugly, but outside of that it was the Steelers D and they were blitzing the hell out of us. My big complaint is the constant abandonment of the run game. Freddy Jackson was breaking off 10 yard runs every time he had the ball it seemed. Here's hoping they were wanting to work on the pass game because they already know what beast Freddy and Spiller will be.

Agreed about Johnson, absolute **** game from him. Dropped an easy pass, and ran two **** routes to kill a drive. Batted balls were issues with the OL, Hairston had problems last night, Wood still doesn't look anywhere near what he's capable of. OL has to create windows to throw, and they were getting pushed back a bit too much by the Pitt D.

DraftBoy
08-26-2012, 11:47 AM
Youngster Dominique Davis has been very good for Atlanta this preseason but they dont need a fourth QB. He'd be a guy to grab and see if you can stash on the PS. Rookie out of ECU.

19 of 32 for 227 yards, 59.4%, 2 TD, 1 INT also 2 runs for 21 yards.

Mr. Pink
08-27-2012, 04:04 AM

This abandoning of the running game seems to be a common occurrence during Gailey's tenure here. It really baffles me.

Mr. Pink
08-27-2012, 04:07 AM
Young stunk the place up last night, but I'll still take Young over Thiggy in a heart beat because he's only going to get better,

its 3 games into the preseason OP and this just in,

Are you really giving Pittsburgh's 2nd and 3rd string defensive units that much credit that a seasoned veteran like Young can't beat them?

Young as a seasoned veteran and a guy who used to win as a starting QB in this league should be able to carve apart any teams 2nd or 3rd team defense. Problem is he didn't and that's gotta be concerning to the fans, it obviously is concerning to those in charge as they went out to get Jackson.

I was hoping Pigpen actually got into the game after Young's second INT just to see what we had to offer against the Steelers 2nd and 3rd team "pretty damn good/confusing defense."

Night Train
08-27-2012, 05:11 AM
Well, that took all of roughly 12 hours to get Jackson and say goodbye to Young. I guess Chan saw enough, like most of us with eyesight.

Johnny Bugmenot
08-27-2012, 06:48 AM
Better get on the phones this week and find a Vet on the bubble.

To all you Vince Young fan boys.....Hahahahahaha...he SUCKS !
Repeat after me.

It's PRESEASON.

jamze132
08-27-2012, 07:31 AM
This abandoning of the running game seems to be a common occurrence during Gailey's tenure here. It really baffles me.

I honestly wouldn't put much stock into what we've seen so far in pre-season. I understand he got away from it a lot over the past two years but I think he's learning that he can't just rely on Fitz arm. I think you'll see 30+ rushes on Sep. 9th.

Mr. Pink
08-27-2012, 07:35 AM
I honestly wouldn't put much stock into what we've seen so far in pre-season. I understand he got away from it a lot over the past two years but I think he's learning that he can't just rely on Fitz arm. I think you'll see 30+ rushes on Sep. 9th.

The only reason why I'm kinda putting stock in it, is it's exactly what we've seen the past 2 years.