PDA

View Full Version : My observations from Section 116 Row 2 last night.

Scumbag College
08-26-2012, 08:50 AM
I went to the game last night and wanted to give everyone a few things that I noticed from up close.

Observations (in no particular order):

-Fred Jackson isn't as fast as Spiller but has a quickness and savvy in his play that makes him a special player. I don't know if it comes from experience or is just an innate ability, but he is still the best player on the Bills offense. I don't know if there is a better RB in the league in picking up blitzes. Actually, I think that before Spiller's fumble the Bills as a a whole were playing a damn good game.

-Fitz is Fitz. Nothing special, but can manage a game. Made some very good throws when he got the ball out of there quickly, but it seems the longer he stays in the pocket the more likely he is to overthrow a receiver...and overthrow them badly.

-I like what the offensive line looked like last night. I think Glenn really played a solid game. I think the line looked great when from left to right it was Glenn-Levitre-Wood-Urbick-Hairston. The run blocking for up the middle runs was good, but they really looked good when pulling and getting to the outside.

-The starting DLine is very good. I can think of two plays where the Bills didn't get to Ben after more than a 3 and 5 step drop and it resulted in big completions. If it wasn't a quick screen or 3 or 5 step drop the DLine was really disruptive except for those two plays. They really dominated against the run versus the Steelers, especially Kelsay who played tough last night and really took on blocks strong and made plays.

-The Bills CBs can really cover well but their ball skills are putrid. On the Steelers' TD before the half, Gilmore was in very good position to knock down or even intercept the ball but totally whiffed on it. Brooks was in great position a few times to make a play on the ball but just wouldn't get his head turned around. A. Williams played a solid game last night. It seemed Pitt really tried to pick on him and he really was up for the challenge. I think McGee is done with the Bills. Looked like he lost a step and isn't the same player that he was.

-VY can't be reading the defenses on half of his plays because all too often he is getting out of the huddle with 10 seconds or under on the play clock. On those plays it really looked like he relied on his primary or maybe one check down receiver, and if nothing was there he would just try to take off.

I don't know how the game looked on TV, but that were my takes from field level last night.

Skooby
08-26-2012, 08:56 AM
This about sums it up, we need to stay healthy to make good things happen this year.

gebobs
08-26-2012, 09:01 AM
The Bills CBs can really cover well but their ball skills are putrid.
It's almost like they coach ball skills out of players. Has Catavolos ever coached a good backfield?

YardRat
08-26-2012, 09:03 AM
I thought Glenn played well also.