PDA

View Full Version : BBD: QB Tarvaris Jackson Scouting Report

DraftBoy
08-26-2012, 07:10 PM
We have a Seahawks site in our network and I asked their head guy (who has worked with Lindy's and NFL Draft Scout) to give me a quick break down on Jackson. Here is his report and its better than you might think.

http://www.buffalobillsdraft.com/2012/08/qb-tarvaris-jackson-scouting-report/

Positives:
Extremely tough. Isn’t afraid to step up in the pocket in the face of pressure. Will extend plays by fighting through contact in the pocket, and keeps his eyes downfield on the run...

Also here is our write up from the trade earlier;
http://www.buffalobillsdraft.com/2012/08/bills-reportedly-trading-for-qb-tarvaris-jackson/

Just minutes ago Ian Rapport of the NFL Network announced that via sources he had received word that the Buffalo Bills were in the final stages of completing a deal that will send QB Tarvaris Jackson to the Bills for . This will be the second time in the last few years that the Bills and Seahawks have completed a deal. In 2010 the Bills sent troubled RB Marshawn Lynch to the Seahawks in exchange for two draft picks.

Mr. Pink
08-27-2012, 03:56 AM
Like him better as a backup than the crap we had a day ago.

Buddo
08-27-2012, 04:24 AM
Like him better as a backup than the crap we had a day ago.

I've not watched the whole game against the Steelers yet, just the first half tbh, but I believe I can agree with this.

Of Thigpen and Young, I would've kept Young, simply because he does have the ability to extend plays with his feet, or keep drives going with them, as we saw against the Vikes. Thigpen fills me with no confidence whatsoever. Both Young and Thigpen make too many boneheaded plays in relation to how often they make good ones, and that ratio, looked to be a total recipe for disaster, if either one of them was called upon to play in place of Fitz.

Seems like a bold move on behalf of the Bills FO, and does fall in lline with their 'continuous improvements' mantra. I suspect they were hoping not to have to give up any picks, and that Jackson would just be cut, but after Saturday, felt they needed to bite the bullet, and get Jackson in asap.

At just 29 years old, Jackson could actually still be around for some time, so it isn't necessarily just a 'stop gap' move. If Fitz fails, then Jackson could easily retain the backup position to any drafted QB.

DraftBoy
08-27-2012, 07:42 AM
Overally Jackson has all the traits you want in a backup QB. He's tough as nails, he's a leader, and he's a great locker room guy. Playing through injuries last year because he knew the Seahawks needed him says a lot about him. Depending on cost, I think this could be a very good deal for the Bills.

I also openly admit I have some bias since I loved the kids skill set coming out of school. Which is why I got somebody else to write up a Scouting Report on him.