PDA

View Full Version : Does Chan last the season?

TacklingDummy
08-27-2012, 05:21 AM
Does Chan last the season.

Mr. Pink
08-27-2012, 05:23 AM
Unfortunately, yes.

TacklingDummy
08-27-2012, 05:25 AM
Unfortunately, yes.

If he does and it's another 6-10 or worse season he should be fired.

Maybe the Bills will finally realize that it starts and ends with the QB position.

Mr. Pink
08-27-2012, 05:31 AM

Maybe the Bills will finally realize that it starts and ends with the QB position.

I'm worried that when we go 7-9, easily attainable in my opinion, that he gets another year.

Don't Panic
08-27-2012, 05:33 AM
Doesn't it get old... bashing on a team as a consistent hobby? I'm just saying... if it was me, I'd find something more positive to do with my time.

Mr. Pink
08-27-2012, 05:40 AM
Doesn't it get old... bashing on a team as a consistent hobby? I'm just saying... if it was me, I'd find something more positive to do with my time.

Doesn't the constant losing get old?

You think what we have in charge and on the field is good enough. TD and I don't.

I want a winner, just like you do. I don't think what we have now is good enough.

And come week 10 you and the rest of the "glass half full" people will come around and say this isn't good enough. It's like clockwork, year after year. Or come week 10 do you just turn off the tv and not give a crap anymore instead?

Skooby
08-27-2012, 05:55 AM
Not as head coach, he'll end up GM after our success because of schedule is dreadful.

YardRat
08-27-2012, 06:12 AM
I vote yes simply because I'm hoping to make a good run at the playoffs.

From the beginning the most critical point against Gailey, IMO, has been his handling of the coordinator positions and I believe they are more responsible for on-field success than any other non-playing participant on Sundays. We're also three years and how many QB's (?) into the current regime and we're still waiting for his supposed ability to mold a solid QB out of a sow's ear to manifest itself.

better days
08-27-2012, 06:51 AM

You think what we have in charge and on the field is good enough. TD and I don't.

I want a winner, just like you do. I don't think what we have now is good enough.

And come week 10 you and the rest of the "glass half full" people will come around and say this isn't good enough. It's like clockwork, year after year. Or come week 10 do you just turn off the tv and not give a crap anymore instead?

So do you think the Browns with their new HC will all the sudden become winners this year?

Historian
08-27-2012, 07:05 AM
Chan will be here this season, next season, and the following season.

Why?We've been down this road before:

Because nobody else wants the job.

FWIW, I have seen nothing over the course of three preseason games that leads me to believe that we will win more than 7 games.

I see a very stout D line, that is tough against the run, then a secondary that gives up a 3rd and 12 on the pass.

Offense looks simply putrid. Fitz looks like he could care less about playing, and neither Fred, nor CJ have impressed out of the backfield.

Chandler and Nelson have been catching balls that are way out of reach....I expect one of them to get clobbered doing that.

At least Moorman looks good.

Mr. Pink
08-27-2012, 07:12 AM
So do you think the Browns with their new HC will all the sudden become winners this year?

Nope. They're in even worse shape with just as bad as a HC problem and an even less talented roster.

Shurmur may not last the season however.

The King
08-27-2012, 07:25 AM
I think Chan does make it through the season, but one thing that has to be noted. Chan is one of the only people who wanted this coaching job. No one wanted to come here. If they fire Chan it's going to once again be a huge embarrassment of a coaching search.

HAMMER
08-27-2012, 07:44 AM
The sky has already fallen on this season?

trapezeus
08-27-2012, 08:28 AM
if the team implodes and has an unsustainable 3-13 type season, chan's gone and we'll deal with whatever the fallout may be, namely the stache as our next HC.

but honestly, i think the bills get to 6-10 with enough to make people think what we thought last year. "not bad, but room for improvement."

and then they'll have to get a QB if that is what is losing us games. especially if the defense gets to dominant form.

but too many variables to say for sure how it plays out. perhaps we can discuss more intelligently around weeks 4-6.

THATHURMANATOR
08-27-2012, 08:30 AM
Ok so I haven't been around.

We hate Gailey now???

I can't keep up. Is it because a bad preseason?

TacklingDummy
08-27-2012, 08:30 AM
Im almost at the point now that I don't give a crap already before the season even starts. It's been so long since they been good, we still dont have a QB, and they have played like crap this pre-season, so why should I invest more time into this crap.

justasportsfan
08-27-2012, 08:32 AM
where have you been? The bills already moved to LA

TacklingDummy
08-27-2012, 08:33 AM

We hate Gailey now???

I think its because of 4-12, 6-10, and now still looking like a below .500 team. How many losing seasons do you give someone?

THATHURMANATOR
08-27-2012, 08:43 AM
I think its because of 4-12, 6-10, and now still looking like a below .500 team. How many losing seasons do you give someone?

Explain to me how they look like a below 500 team?

We have not seen them play in a regular season game.

Mr. Pink
08-27-2012, 10:39 AM

We hate Gailey now???

I've hated Gailey since he was hired. He's a college spread offensive head coach that does NOT belong at the NFL level.

And the past 2 seasons have cemented it.

BertSquirtgum
08-27-2012, 11:00 AM
We have not seen them play in a regular season game.

Have you watched them in pre-season?

Generalissimus Gibby
08-27-2012, 11:12 AM

He is here through at least week eight if we go at least 3-5, and were in at least three of the games we lost. He is here through at least week twelve if we are at least 5-7, and he is here for at least the first half of next season is we go at least 8-8. I myself see this team going 9-7 only to see something painfully stupid happen the last week of the season to keep us out of the playoffs again.

Generalissimus Gibby
08-27-2012, 11:16 AM
Gailey and Nix are not the problem. The impatient sky is falling expert fans are the problem. I think the Bills win a minimum of nine games this season and if they don't they are going to move heaven and hell to get a qb. I think this is why they traded for Tarvaris Jackson like they did.

mrbojanglezs
08-27-2012, 11:37 AM
Lol I have never seen optimism go to **** so fast in my life. This is all based on meaningless preseason games good grief

OpIv37
08-27-2012, 11:43 AM
Gailey and Nix are not the problem. The impatient sky is falling expert fans are the problem. I think the Bills win a minimum of nine games this season and if they don't they are going to move heaven and hell to get a qb. I think this is why they traded for Tarvaris Jackson like they did.

The team has the longest active playoff drought in the NFL and you're gonna **** on fans for being impatient? Seriously?

trapezeus
08-27-2012, 11:49 AM
i'm mixed on gailey.

in the last couple coaches, he's the only one who seems to hold the players attention. Mularkey had a coup, jauron was so inept and made it so luxiorious for the players, no one ever would bad mouth him, but he didn't put them in a position to win. and williams wore out his welcome fast.

4-12 and 6-10, the players believe with him. and frankly, you get an honest effort out of the team in the last 2 years which never happened in the jauron years. So i think he has a firm grasp on the team. As a result, i am willing to give him more than the traditional 3 years. also add into the mix that the last search was embarassing at how no one wanted it.

if gailey goes backwards and the team does give up on him, you are forced to go another direction. if they stumble on injuries and bad QB play but there are signs of hope, let's give him another year and more tools.

OpIv37
08-27-2012, 11:54 AM
i'm mixed on gailey.

in the last couple coaches, he's the only one who seems to hold the players attention. Mularkey had a coup, jauron was so inept and made it so luxiorious for the players, no one ever would bad mouth him, but he didn't put them in a position to win. and williams wore out his welcome fast.

4-12 and 6-10, the players believe with him. and frankly, you get an honest effort out of the team in the last 2 years which never happened in the jauron years. So i think he has a firm grasp on the team. As a result, i am willing to give him more than the traditional 3 years. also add into the mix that the last search was embarassing at how no one wanted it.

if gailey goes backwards and the team does give up on him, you are forced to go another direction. if they stumble on injuries and bad QB play but there are signs of hope, let's give him another year and more tools.

In addition, this board overrates Nix. Gailey's been given a bunch of **** to work with. We have a mediocre QB that struggles under pressure with no T's to protect him throwing to a #1 WR who should be a #2 and a bunch of guys who should be depth guys. We've had no LB's and have been mediocre at DB. And until now, we've had no pass rush either. Hell, last year Gailey had a 3-4 DC but 4-3 personnel.

Sure, Gailey has made mistakes, but when you look at how things have been the last couple of years, it's amazing he was able to get 10 wins at all.

Mr. Pink
08-27-2012, 11:59 AM

I love quotes like this. 4-12 and 6-10 is an honest effort unseen by the Jauron years. The Jauron years that produced 7-9 records. Now the roster today is in no way worse than when Jauron was here, so why is it that the overall picture is worse? Especially if Jauron was such a bum? Or are you trying to say an honest effort out of the Jauron years would have been playoffs every year.

kingJofNYC
08-27-2012, 12:02 PM
In addition, this board overrate Nix. Gailey's been given a bunch of **** to work with. We have a mediocre QB that struggles under pressure with no T's to protect him throwing to a #1 WR who should be a #2 and a bunch of guys who should be depth guys. We've had no LB's and have been mediocre at DB. And until now, we've had no pass rush either. Hell, last year Gailey had a 3-4 DC but 4-3 personnel.

Sure, Gailey has made mistakes, but when you look at how things have been the last couple of years, it's amazing he was able to get 10 wins at all.

I'd agree with this. Gailey's made his fair of blunders, but the 2010 draft was ****, the only recent draft that helped was 09. Jury is still out on 11/12. Not enough talent.

I expect Nix to have handed over GM duties to Whaley before Gailey gets the ax, that way Whaley gets to pick his own head coach.

Edit: Jauron had Schobel, Spikes, Fletcher, a non broken McGee, Greer, Jason Peters, Clements for a year, Poz. I think the talent was slightly better on the defensive side, which kept games close. When you're in tight games the ball can bounce your way. If we look at point differential between those teams and the current Bills, probably a significant difference.

OpIv37
08-27-2012, 12:06 PM
I love quotes like this. 4-12 and 6-10 is an honest effort unseen by the Jauron years. The Jauron years that produced 7-9 records. Now the roster today is in no way worse than when Jauron was here, so why is it that the overall picture is worse? Especially if Jauron was such a bum? Or are you trying to say an honest effort out of the Jauron years would have been playoffs every year.

The roster in the 4-12 year was definitely worse than the Jauron years, and you could argue that last year was worse as well. This year, well the roster definitely has holes, but it's also clearly better than those 7-9 teams.

EDS
08-27-2012, 12:29 PM
Chan has job security as long as Buddy is GM.

Mr. Pink
08-27-2012, 12:33 PM
The roster in the 4-12 year was definitely worse than the Jauron years, and you could argue that last year was worse as well. This year, well the roster definitely has holes, but it's also clearly better than those 7-9 teams.

I disagree this team even in 10 was vastly more talented than 06, 07.

QB alone is a huge upgrade. We went from having guys that didn't even belong in the NFL to a mediocre guy.

And it all starts at the QB position. But there were guys all over the roster then that had no business being there.

Mr. Pink
08-27-2012, 12:43 PM
Edit: Jauron had Schobel, Spikes, Fletcher, a non broken McGee, Greer, Jason Peters, Clements for a year, Poz. I think the talent was slightly better on the defensive side, which kept games close. When you're in tight games the ball can bounce your way. If we look at point differential between those teams and the current Bills, probably a significant difference.

Spikes was injured in 06. Schobel showed up against the Pats and in garbage time. Fletcher was here one year as was Nate.

Your 07 starters that went 7-9
Edwards, Lynch, Reed, Evans, Gaines, Royal, Peters, Dockery, Fowler, Butler, Walker on offense

Kelsay, Triplett, Williams, Schobel, Crowell, Digiorgo, Ellison, Greer, McGee, Whitner, Wilson on defense

You think either side of the ball was better in 07 than it was last year?

better days
08-27-2012, 12:53 PM
Spikes was injured in 06. Schobel showed up against the Pats and in garbage time. Fletcher was here one year as was Nate.

Edwards, Lynch, Reed, Evans, Gaines, Royal, Peters, Dockery, Fowler, Butler, Walker on offense

Kelsay, Triplett, Williams, Schobel, Crowell, Digiorgo, Ellison, Greer, McGee, Whitner, Wilson on defense

I think the defense that year with a younger McGee, Kelsay, Williams, Schobel was better than the defense last year with Dareus the only GOOD player on the DL, no McGee. This years defense should be MUCH better.

kishoph
08-27-2012, 12:58 PM
He'll be here next season, you don't fire a coach that get's your team to the play-offs, oh I forgot we lost 3 pre season games. The Bills will be no worse than 9-7 this year with at least a wild card game. The pessimism by some is ridiculous, I can't understand how someone "roots" for a team, yet never have a good thing to say about that team. My love for the team is always filled with optimism, hope, and being devout of that team, not always looking for something or someone to complain about. If something sucks so bad, why would you want any part of it ? I can't imagine what it would be like to sit on a Sunday and watch a game and complain and ***** through the whole thing and not want to cheer them on, or at worse say, we'll get em next week.

BertSquirtgum
08-27-2012, 01:02 PM
If the bills are any worse than .500 this year, I hope Buddy retires and Whaley fires Gailey. I have made it pretty clear that I think Chan sucks as a coach.

BertSquirtgum
08-27-2012, 01:05 PM
I can't imagine what it would be like to sit on a Sunday and watch a game and complain and ***** through the whole thing and not want to cheer them on, or at worse say, we'll get em next week.

Come sit next to me at the stadium and you will find out how it feels. Of course, it's hard to ***** about them when they are playing well, but that is rare.

better days
08-27-2012, 01:08 PM
If the bills are any worse than .500 this year, I hope Buddy retires and Whaley fires Gailey. I have made it pretty clear that I think Chan sucks as a coach.

Well, who would you like to see replace Chan? I think it is stupid to replace a HC unless you can get someone exponentially better. You know like Chan is to Jauron.

EDS
08-27-2012, 01:11 PM

Wow, that offense was horrible! Defense had some real underwhelming guys too such as Triplett, Digorgio and Ellison.

Mr. Pink
08-27-2012, 01:11 PM
Well, who would you like to see replace Chan? I think it is stupid to replace a HC unless you can get someone exponentially better. You know like Chan is to Jauron.

I'd rather you coach the Bills than Chan.

Mr. Pink
08-27-2012, 01:16 PM
Wow, that offense was horrible! Defense had some real underwhelming guys too such as Triplett, Digorgio and Ellison.

That entire team was horrible. Jauron's rosters resembled expansion franchise rosters. If you think I'm joking on this compare that roster to the 1999 Browns.

Offense - Couch, Terry Kirby, Marc Edwards, Kevin Johnson, Darrin Chiaverinni, Irv Smith, Lomas Brown, Jim Pyne, Dave Wohlbaugh, Scott Rehberg, Orlando Brown

Defense - John Thierry, Derrick Holland, John Jurkovic, Derrick Alexander, Rahim Abdullah, Wali Rainer, Jamir Miller, Ryan McNeil, Daylon McCutcheon, Marquez Pope, Corey Fuller

This was a 2-14 team. Is it that much different than the 07 Bills? The only real difference is the 07 Bills had a running back and the 99 Browns did not.

The Jauron era Bills were that bad talent wise. He overachieved with a bunch of bums.

trapezeus
08-27-2012, 01:18 PM
i can't argue with anyone who thinks gailey is a worse coach than jauron. This is like trying to argue with a birther. At times, sometimes people are simply wrong. and people who could defend jauron as anything but a simpleton who just got outcoached at every moment of every game blow my mind.

Mr. Pink
08-27-2012, 01:47 PM
i can't argue with anyone who thinks gailey is a worse coach than jauron. This is like trying to argue with a birther. At times, sometimes people are simply wrong. and people who could defend jauron as anything but a simpleton who just got outcoached at every moment of every game blow my mind.

A coach who got more out of his crap players than he should vs a coach who gets less out of his players than he should.

A 7-9 coach vs a 5-11 coach?

Said 5-11 coach who had more talent to work with?

And you really are gonna say Chan is better than Dick? Holy cow.

EDS
08-27-2012, 04:01 PM
Proof will be in the pudding this season for Chan and Buddy. Absent significant injuries, and with such a seemingly easy schedule (including the fact that Jets are a mess and Phins are rebuilding, so division games should be much more winnable than in prior seasons), anything less than 8-8 is abject failure by the Bills this season.

Luisito23
08-27-2012, 04:10 PM
Unless he quits, he'll be here for the whole season.

PTI
08-27-2012, 04:23 PM
Nope. Freaking bring back Fewell!!!! hahhaa

SABURZFAN
08-27-2012, 05:12 PM

how is it bashing? it's a simple F'n question. either yes or no. the only thing that gets old around here is stupid ass comments like this.

TacklingDummy
09-09-2012, 01:00 PM
Should we take a re-vote?

BertSquirtgum
09-09-2012, 01:24 PM
I voted no the first time.

Fletch
09-09-2012, 01:27 PM

He will, but he shouldn't.

Typ0
09-09-2012, 01:31 PM
The good old boys will stay in power as long as Wilson is breathing is my vote...

paladin warrior
09-09-2012, 01:37 PM
Chan have no ****** Talent

gebobs
09-09-2012, 01:50 PM
Gailey is the worst coach we've had since Hank Bullough.

BertSquirtgum
09-09-2012, 02:11 PM
I just can't understand how a coach could have a team so unprepared for an opening season game. I wanted him fired at the end of last season. He's just not a good coach. It's as simple as that.

Historian
09-09-2012, 04:17 PM
When Marv took over, we still lost, but the team was immediately mentally tougher, and was no longer a laughingstock.

This is year three for Chan and they look like they're going in reverse.

Mr. Pink
09-09-2012, 04:18 PM
People are starting to come around and see Chan Gailey is NOT an NFL caliber head coach.

Now the organization needs to come around and realize it too.

doug45
09-09-2012, 05:00 PM

Very good post. If you saying everything is great nothing will improve...sometimes you have to look at it and say we need to fix this and that because we want to WIN. We knew we needed a better QB and we said this one will be fine, the same with many things over the years. We need some one to come in and take a look and Kick butt and take names, and get this thing on the right track.

Mike
09-09-2012, 05:01 PM

MAYBE

CoolBreeze
09-09-2012, 05:05 PM
You got that right..... 1 game against a good opponent in their house. It was disappointing, but if they beat the Chiefs next week, this board will be back on the bandwagon.

CoolBreeze
09-09-2012, 05:06 PM
I'll bet my whole yearly paycheck that he's better than you.
I just can't understand how a coach could have a team so unprepared for an opening season game. I wanted him fired at the end of last season. He's just not a good coach. It's as simple as that.

Mr. Pink
09-09-2012, 05:14 PM

I wouldn't.

There's really no way you personally or anyone else on this board could have gameplanned that worse.

We got blown the F out.

YardRat
09-09-2012, 05:18 PM
Very disappointed at the lack of preparation. Well, that's not really true...I'm sure they spent all week preparing, but they sure did a ****ty job.

TacklingDummy
09-09-2012, 05:29 PM
Time for a billboard.

cookie G
09-09-2012, 06:00 PM
The question is...should Buddy last the year (regardless, he will).

the smoke and mirrors have tarnished on the UDFA/practice squad offense. You get what you pay for.

3 years and 90% of the draft/FA resources go to rebuilding the D...twice.

Spending that amount of resources on the D was his decision.

He has to answer for it.

They better get a lot better, and fast.

Tiburon1724
09-09-2012, 06:30 PM
I say no playoffs, fire the loser.

BertSquirtgum
09-09-2012, 08:10 PM

I would hope so, he's been coaching longer than I have been alive.

BertSquirtgum
10-08-2012, 10:26 AM
This team sucks.

paladin warrior
10-08-2012, 12:48 PM
IF Dolphin beat Bills. I am sure Chan G will be fire before season end... It was on week 11 thurday night Dolphin at Bills

Skooby
10-08-2012, 01:01 PM
IF Dolphin beat Bills. I am sure Chan G will be fire before season end... It was on week 11 thurday night Dolphin at Bills

Well put.