PDA

View Full Version : If Bills Draft QB in 2013 who will it be?

Mike
08-27-2012, 06:49 AM
If Bills Draft QB in 2013 who will it be?

Predict the pick (pick & player)

jamze132
08-27-2012, 07:11 AM
Seriously?

Mr. Pink
08-27-2012, 07:14 AM
They won't be bad enough to get a franchise QB.

DraftBoy
08-27-2012, 07:45 AM
Tyler Bray-Tennessee

jdbillsfan
08-27-2012, 08:03 AM
Logan Thomas

TacklingDummy
08-27-2012, 08:38 AM
17. Buffalo Bills: Logan Thomas, QB, Virginia Tech
The Bills grab their future franchise quarterback. Thomas is a good fit for Chan Gailey, and the team could use him in certain packages while preparing him to eventually start for a year or two behind Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Thomas is a big, athletic quarterback who has a strong arm. He has a similar skill set to Cam Newton or Tim Tebow. Thomas set the school record for rushing touchdowns by a quarterback in 2011 - his first season as a starter, running for 627 yards and 11 scores. He completed 60 percent of his passes for 3,013 yards with 19 touchdowns and 10 interceptions. Thomas has the size, arm and mobility to be an impact starting quarterback in the NFL.

It wouldn't be surprising if the Hokies signal-caller rises to the top of the draft class because his physical talent is off the charts. However, Thomas needs to work on developing as a passer. He has to improve his accuracy along with developing pocket presence, too. Thomas quickly looks to run if he doesn't see a receiver breaking open early.

- - - Updated - - -

16. Buffalo Bills: Tyler Wilson, QB, Arkansas
If Chan Gailey can get good production out of guys like Tyler Thigpen and Fitzpatrick just imagine what he could do with a Quarterback who has NFL size and a big-time arm. We may find out soon.

mjt328
08-27-2012, 08:59 AM
I like to think about this at the beginning of the year too.

Some of the top prospects this year are expected to be:
- Matt Barkley, senior
- Landry Jones, senior
- Tyler Wilson, senior
- Geno Smith, senior
- Tyler Bray, junior

Then you have to think about the other teams likely to consider a quarterback in 2013.

Teams with NO chance of going after a quarterback next year:

Pittsburgh (Roethlisberger), Indianapolis (Luck), NY Giants (Manning), Washington (Griffin), Green Bay (Rodgers), Detroit (Stafford), Atlanta (Ryan), New Orleans (Brees), Carolina (Newton)

Teams very unlikely to go after a quarterback next year:

Cincinnati - They really like Dalton, but he faded down the stretch in 2011. If he has a terrible year, you never know.
San Diego - Rivers has been a very good one, but there are all kinds of reports that he is losing his arm strength.
Baltimore - Flacco is a free agent in 2013. Do they re-sign him?
Houston - Schaub is a free agent in 2013. Do they re-sign him?
Tennessee - They will probably still be looking at Locker as the future, but if he looks terrible, they may go in another direction
Miami - I doubt they would give up on Tannehill after one year, especially with him being a top 10 pick.
Chicago - They gave up a lot to land Cutler. Even if he has another average season, I don't think the team will quit on him that quick.
Seattle - They are excited about Wilson and just signed Flynn.
Denver - Manning is old, but they are going to put all their ammo into helping him lead them to a Super Bowl. I doubt they start planning for the future yet.
St. Louis - Even if he tanks, I expect Bradford to get at least one more shot with this new staff.

Teams that have a decent chance of going after a quarterback next year:
Minnesota - The Vikings have a long ways to go before they are close to contending. If they end up in last place (likely), Frazier might get fired. A new staff might want a new quarterback.
Cleveland - Expect the new ownership to clean house after the season. Do you think the new coaching staff will be thrilled about a 30 year old, second year quarterback?
San Francisco - Smith got signed to a one year deal. Expect them to move on with Kaepernick...or a new rookie.
New England - Brady is old. They have to look to the future at some point.
Philadelphia - They were reportedly considering going after Tannehill this year. Vick is aging and injury prone.
Dallas - They have called this Romo's make or break year. He's in a tough division and has already lost almost all of his receivers.
Tampa Bay - It all depends on which Freeman they get.

Teams very likely to go after a quarterback next year:
Jacksonville - The new coaching staff has no ties to Gabbert, who was terrible last year.
Kansas City - Expect this to be the last year for the Cassel experiment
Arizona - Kolb can't even beat out Skelton for the starting job.
Oakland - Palmer is done.
NY Jets - After a year of switching between Sanchez and Tebow, expect them to move on from both.

stuckincincy
08-27-2012, 09:04 AM
[QUOTE=mjt328;3669190]I like to think about this at the beginning of the year too.

Some of the top prospects this year are expected to be:
- Matt Barkley, senior
- Landry Jones, senior
- Tyler Wilson, senior
- Geno Smith, senior
- Tyler Bray, junior

Then you have to think about the other teams likely to consider a quarterback in 2013... :goodpost:

Thanks - your comments re qb status for other clubs was informative.

Raptor
08-27-2012, 10:15 AM
Id take Tyler Wilson but he's going top 5 so hopefully we are not high enough to pick him

ThunderGun
08-27-2012, 11:38 AM
Well whoever we draft, we know he'll be from the SEC.

Extremebillsfan247
08-27-2012, 06:59 PM
If Bills Draft QB in 2013 who will it be?

Predict the pick (pick & player)

E.J. Manuel of Florida State or Mike Glennon of NC State in the 3rd round. I'm probably going to be wrong. lol

coastal
08-27-2012, 07:05 PM
like who really wants to talk about the beginning of another 3 year rebuilding project?

Luisito23
08-27-2012, 07:24 PM
like who really wants to talk about the beginning of another 3 year rebuilding project?

Unfortunately that's been the life of a Bills fan ever since Jimbo retired.

coastal
08-27-2012, 07:36 PM
Unfortunately that's been the life of a Bills fan ever since Jimbo retired.
I know.

and I'm worn out from it.

BertSquirtgum
08-27-2012, 07:58 PM
No matter what record they end up with, they should do whatever they can to get Matt Barkley.

The Jokeman
08-27-2012, 09:15 PM
It depends who's the HC/OC. If Chan somehow is able to hold on to his job then Landry Jones at pick 13 seems to fit. If Chan's let go I could see us taking Tyler Wilson with pick 6 and naming Bill Callahan our new HC/OC.

TigerJ
08-28-2012, 10:42 AM
If we have enough people to name every draft position in the top 3 rounds and every possible QB ranked in the top 12, we stand an outside shot of somebody getting it right. I'll agree with DraftBoy if it happens in the first round, and say Tyler Bray. I'll add that it happens with the 16th pick. If it happens in the second round, I'll say it happens with the 49th overall pick and will be either E J Manuel or Geno Smith.

I have seen 2013 mocks so far naming all of the following as the first overall pick: Matt Barkley, Tyler Wilson, Tyler Bray, Logan Thomas and even Landry Jones.

k-oneputt
08-28-2012, 10:58 AM
Well whoever we draft, we know he'll be from the SEC.

Yeah and that's a good thing. Or do you still like the stupid Big-10 and Sunbelt picks in rd. 1 ?

SEC qb's Bray or Wilson.

Night Train
08-28-2012, 11:07 AM
The above listings are very good and I do expect our top pick to be QB this next spring, with the Fitz contract having a clean out . A couple LB's in rounds 2,3.

The only QB I don't like listed above is Landry Jones of Oklahoma. The rest I will watch for progress during this upcoming fall.

DraftBoy
08-28-2012, 01:18 PM
Id take Tyler Wilson but he's going top 5 so hopefully we are not high enough to pick him

I wouldn't bet on that.

Tatonka
08-28-2012, 01:30 PM
it would be awesome to see the bills take Thomas.. as a virginia tech grad.. kid has legit off the chart skills.. definately a cam newton-like qb.

k-oneputt
08-28-2012, 02:56 PM
I wouldn't bet on that.

As in you think the Bills actually will be that high in the draft to get him or you don't think he is top-5 as suggested ?
I'm guessing you don't think he's top-5.

Let's cut to the chase before you start with your qb talk.

Barkley - 1st rd. mid to early
Wilson - 1st rd. mid to early
Bray - 1st rd. late to mid
L. Jones - 1st rd. late to mid
L. Thomas - 1st rd. late to mid

I don't see G. Smith or Manuel in the 1st rd.

That's how I see them as of two days before the season.

ThunderGun
08-29-2012, 02:24 PM
Yeah and that's a good thing. Or do you still like the stupid Big-10 and Sunbelt picks in rd. 1 ?

SEC qb's Bray or Wilson.

No, I definitely like their SEC-based draft strategy. Wilson would be nice...