X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

Wait ONE MINUTE???

Let me get this straight we have already gone from ultra excited for this season and talking to playoffs to....
    -Will Gailey Last the season?
    -7-9 is POSSIBLY attainable
    -If we completely implode and are 3-13

Are you guys ****ing kidding me???

The team was well on its way last season to a winning record before it was decimated by injury.

We added top level talent in our positions of HUGE need, (Left tackle, Cornerback, Defensive end x2)

Like I have said the years of this type of defeatist attitude has pushed me away from this place and let me tell you most of the other boards aren't writing off the season.

I easily see the playoffs as a possibility. I am not guaranteeing anything as I can never fully trust the Bills until they prove me wrong but I certainly aren't talking 6-10 because we havent won in preseason. Especially after they held their own with Pittsburgh in the first half Saturday.
  • ryven
    • Jan 2003

Re: Wait ONE MINUTE???

I completely agree with you. I know thing may not look good as of now but can we please give them a few regular seaon games before we start on them.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
      • Jul 2002

It is par for the course for these guys though.

I wouldnt expect anything less. A group of the most insufferable pessimist in the world.

Comment

• ryven
        • Jan 2003

I just kind of miss the old days around here when things where a little bit more supportive of the bills after all we are there fans. I by no means am a homer. I will call the team out when the time comes but not until then.

Comment

• SabreEleven
          • Aug 2002

Maybe over 10 years of sucking will install that pessimists. We've been excited in the preseason for plenty of seasons only to get kicked in the nuts. You can only get kicked in the nuts so often before you get gun shy.

Comment

• Johnny Bugmenot
            Will not tolerate vandalism.
            • Apr 2006

The fact that they had to trade for Tarvaris Jackson-- a quarterback no better than the ones we have on the team now except Thigpen-- is a glaring sign that something is rotten in Orchard Park.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ryven View Post
              I just kind of miss the old days around here when things where a little bit more supportive of the bills after all we are there fans. I by no means am a homer. I will call the team out when the time comes but not until then.
              No way people here never supported the Bills. They always have been telling me how bad they are or would be.

Now they have been right for 10 years but that doesn't mean I want to give up on the season because of a preseason win loss record.

Then there are just insanely stupid comments about the Jackson trade.... "We needed to upgrade at Fitz not backup....." Well listen dummies no team is offering a franchise QB right now. Does that mean the Bills shouldn't upgrade at backup in the meantime? Young and Thigpen have clearly shown they suck.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Johnny Bugmenot View Post
              The fact that they had to trade for Tarvaris Jackson-- a quarterback no better than the ones we have on the team now except Thigpen-- is a glaring sign that something is rotten in Orchard Park.
              HAAAAAA before I even got out my last post.... RIGHT ON QUE!!!!

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                Making Spirits Bright
                • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Johnny Bugmenot View Post
                No, it's not.

Trying to improve our backup QB position doesn't mean we're screwed. That's just ridiculous.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by SabreEleven View Post
                  Maybe over 10 years of sucking will install that pessimists. We've been excited in the preseason for plenty of seasons only to get kicked in the nuts. You can only get kicked in the nuts so often before you get gun shy.
                  I don't know I am not a pessimist so I don't know loser mentality. Tell me how it works.

Trust me if they suck I will be very disappointed.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

bills will make playoffs
                    sacrifice1
                    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                      Unreachable Douche
                      • Jul 2002

2000: 8-8
                      2001: 3-13
                      2002: 8-8
                      2003: 6-10
                      2004: 9-7
                      2005: 5-11
                      2006: 7-9
                      2007: 7-9
                      2008: 7-9
                      2009: 6-10
                      2010: 4-12
                      2011: 6-10

The last 12 years of our lives.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TacklingDummy View Post
                        2000: 8-8
                        2001: 3-13
                        2002: 8-8
                        2003: 6-10
                        2004: 9-7
                        2005: 5-11
                        2006: 7-9
                        2007: 7-9
                        2008: 7-9
                        2009: 6-10
                        2010: 4-12
                        2011: 6-10

The last 12 years of our lives.
                        Oh got you. But no real thought about player personal or schedule.

Comment

• mjt328
                          • May 2011

I think a lot of the optimism in the offseason has been grounded, because of the following observations:

1. When the news was released about Fitz hurting his ribs during the Washington game last year, a lot of people had hope that his late-season collapse was injury related. And then came the word that he was focusing on his mechanics in the off-season.
                          However, during this preseason - none of the above looks to be true. Fitz looks just as inconsistent, inaccurate and indecisive as ever.

2. The improved pass rush was SUPPOSED to fix all of our other issues on defense. The cornerbacks would be fine in coverage, as long as the quarterback didn't have a long time to throw. Our linebackers would be free to make plays, because of all the blockers dedicated to stopping our front four.
                          Unfortunately, in the preseason, teams have been attacking us with the running game and quick passes. Our linebackers and secondary have not been up the task. We have had a stellar pass rush, but we are still letting up big plays and long drives.
                          2013 "My Should Have" Draft
                          Posted During the 2013 Draft
                          1 - (16): Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia
                          2 - (41): Robert Woods, WR, USC
                          2 - (46): Arthur Brown, LB, Kansas State
                          3 - (78): Quinton Patton, WR, Louisiana Tech
                          4 - (105): Barrett Jones, OG, Alabama
                          5 - (143): Brandon Jenkins, LB, Florida State
                          6 - (177): Da'Rick Rogers, WR, Tennessee Tech
                          7 - (222): Tyler Bray, QB, Tennessee

2013 Buddy Nix Draft
                          1 - (16): E.J. Manuel, QB, Florida State
                          2 - (41): Robert Woods, WR, USC
                          2 - (46): Kiko Alonso, LB, Oregon
                          3 - (78): Marquise Goodwin, WR, Texas
                          4 - (105): Duke Williams, FS, Nevada
                          5 - (143): Jonathan Meeks, SS, Clemson
                          6 - (177): Dustin Hopkins, K, Florida State
                          7 - (222): Chris Gragg, TE, Arkansas

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR View Post
                            Let me get this straight we have already gone from ultra excited for this season and talking to playoffs to....
                            -Will Gailey Last the season?
                            -7-9 is POSSIBLY attainable
                            -If we completely implode and are 3-13

Are you guys ****ing kidding me???

The team was well on its way last season to a winning record before it was decimated by injury.

We added top level talent in our positions of HUGE need, (Left tackle, Cornerback, Defensive end x2)

Like I have said the years of this type of defeatist attitude has pushed me away from this place and let me tell you most of the other boards aren't writing off the season.

I easily see the playoffs as a possibility. I am not guaranteeing anything as I can never fully trust the Bills until they prove me wrong but I certainly aren't talking 6-10 because we havent won in preseason. Especially after they held their own with Pittsburgh in the first half Saturday.
                            Defeatist attitude? It's reality. Have you even watched this team the past 10 or 12 years? No one was *****ing just to *****. They were *****ing because the team really was that bad.

Everyone was excited BEFORE seeing the team play. After seeing the team play, it's a different story. Go ahead and say "it's only preseason," because people use that excuse every year too.

Reality is what it is.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mjt328 View Post
                              I think a lot of the optimism in the offseason has been grounded, because of the following observations:

1. When the news was released about Fitz hurting his ribs during the Washington game last year, a lot of people had hope that his late-season collapse was injury related. And then came the word that he was focusing on his mechanics in the off-season.
                              However, during this preseason - none of the above looks to be true. Fitz looks just as inconsistent, inaccurate and indecisive as ever.

2. The improved pass rush was SUPPOSED to fix all of our other issues on defense. The cornerbacks would be fine in coverage, as long as the quarterback didn't have a long time to throw. Our linebackers would be free to make plays, because of all the blockers dedicated to stopping our front four.
                              Unfortunately, in the preseason, teams have been attacking us with the running game and quick passes. Our linebackers and secondary have not been up the task. We have had a stellar pass rush, but we are still letting up big plays and long drives.
                              HOW CAN YOU GAUGE THIS IN LESS THAN 4 QUARTERS OF ACTUAL PLAY???

I can tell you this. I GUARANTEE they will be running the hell out of the ball this season. I feel like they are masking this fact and focusing on their shotgun spread.

The Pass rush WILL improve the rest of the D. The corners are very young so there will be a curve but that is to be expected. Good news is they are ultra talented.

Comment

Working...
                              X