X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mike
    • Jan 2009

Franchise QB opportunities

Every so often in the NFL certain opportunities to get a Top QB arise. Just this year, Manning signed with the Broncos. In years past, we have seen PB Qb Cutler get traded to Da Bears, and in past few years we have seen players like Brees, Farve, and Vick change teams. This is the new NFL boys, one with plenty of changes.

After his second rape charge accusation Big Ben was on the trading block! There was talk that AZ might trade for him, he was being shopped around but no team offered to trade for him. What a mistake! There was an opportunity to get a top talent during the best possible time, when his value was lowest. Anyways, at the end of this year similar opportunity may arise. His name Philip Rivers. At this point many of you discounting what I am saying, but if I told you at the beginning of last season (before his injury was well known) that P. Manning would never play for the Colts, would you have believed me? Didn't think so.

So here is what needs to happen in order for Rivers to become available:
    1) Have another bad season. He was bad last year, this year he could be worst as his top 2 Wr of last year are injured or no longer on the team.
    2) Loose: Chargers were, not long ago, contenders, now they are having a hard time going .500
    3) Change at Top: Fire GM, Coaches, etc
    4) Top Pick in Draft: have opportunity to draft one of Top QB Prospects

So what will get Rivers? I am thinking 1-2 First Rounders & 2 Second Rounder Picks. They get their QB of the future have a but-load of picks to add needed talent to their team.
    Please Make Sense
  • zone
    No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
    • Oct 2003

Re: Franchise QB opportunities

So you want us to trade 2 first round and 2 second round picks for a "franchise" QB that has had 2 horrible years? hahaha
    www.blzbus.com

Comment

• Mike
      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by zone View Post
      So you want us to trade 2 first round and 2 second round picks for a "franchise" QB that has had 2 horrible years? hahaha
      1 First & 2 Seconds might get it done. This deal might be simillar to Cutler trade and/or Palmer trade.

For Rivers Yes, it's worth it!
      this is what I do for a living, buy low sell high and I do it well. Weather it's stocks, commodities often investors wait for a stock to jump up & buy then when it falls off a cliff they sell. I don't follow the heard. As a result I have purchased assets at pennies to the dollar. Stock of players is not much different. It's perception vs actual value. See Randy Moss to NE for reference!
      Please Make Sense

Comment

• zone
        • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Mike View Post
        1 First & 2 Seconds might get it done. This deal might be simillar to Cutler trade and/or Palmer trade.

For Rivers Yes, it's worth it!
        this is what I do for a living, buy low sell high and I do it well. Weather it's stocks, commodities often investors wait for a stock to jump up & buy then when it falls off a cliff they sell. I don't follow the heard. As a result I have purchased assets at pennies to the dollar. Stock of players is not much different. It's perception vs actual value. See Randy Moss to NE for reference!
        Cutler sucks, Palmer sucks, and your statement about stocks even proves more to me how little you know.
        www.blzbus.com

Comment

• The Jokeman
          • Dec 2003

Every so often in the NFL certain opportunities to get a Top QB arise. Just this year, Manning signed with the Broncos. In years past, we have seen PB Qb Cutler get traded to Da Bears, and in past few years we have seen players like Brees, Farve, and Vick change teams. This is the new NFL boys, one with plenty of changes.

After his second rape charge accusation Big Ben was on the trading block! There was talk that AZ might trade for him, he was being shopped around but no team offered to trade for him. What a mistake! There was an opportunity to get a top talent during the best possible time, when his value was lowest. Anyways, at the end of this year similar opportunity may arise. His name Philip Rivers. At this point many of you discounting what I am saying, but if I told you at the beginning of last season (before his injury was well known) that P. Manning would never play for the Colts, would you have believed me? Didn't think so.

So here is what needs to happen in order for Rivers to become available:
          1) Have another bad season. He was bad last year, this year he could be worst as his top 2 Wr of last year are injured or no longer on the team.
          2) Loose: Chargers were, not long ago, contenders, now they are having a hard time going .500
          3) Change at Top: Fire GM, Coaches, etc
          4) Top Pick in Draft: have opportunity to draft one of Top QB Prospects

So what will get Rivers? I am thinking 1-2 First Rounders & 2 Second Rounder Picks. They get their QB of the future have a but-load of picks to add needed talent to their team.
          Has Cutler really shown to be valuable with the Bears? He hasn't played as well with them of course that could change this year with the reunion with Marshall. In terms of Cutler, he's always put up great numbers but struggles to bring his team over .500 of late greated his D not been as it good as was in the past but I still debate if the Bills have the LBs or CBs to be a great D in 2012. That said is Rivers better than Fitzpatrick? Yes but I don't know if I'd call him a franchise QB. Cutler was a good comparison player. As right now the Bills lack a quality LT and secondary option in the passing game to be a true playoff team. Who knows it might happen this year as Donald Jones is in year 3 which is typically breakout years for WRs. Yet Cordy Glenn manning the blindside is a bit worriesome.
          Last edited by The Jokeman; 08-27-2012, 10:00 PM.

Comment

• Mike
            • Jan 2009

Originally posted by zone View Post
            Cutler sucks, Palmer sucks, and your statement about stocks even proves more to me how little you know.
            I have no idea how your drawing that conclusion. I'm the type of guy that bought Apple at its lowest point! You know when the company was worthless & the CEO of dell was suggesting that they return all the investors money! 10k back than is worth well over a million now! In 2000 an ounce of silver was $3 now it's over $30. And the story goes on. Middle America and guys like you jump on the band wagon when it's too late, on the 3rd & 4th stages. Guys like you were buying houses in 2007-08. I bought in 2002 & sold in 2007! Then in 2009 I bought again both the Dow at around $7,000 & real estate. Now the Dow has nearly doubled & real estate in my area is up 30% on the year! I'm waiting for chumps like you to come jump on the band wagon & get fleeced because of your lack of knowledge.

This is the difference between fundamental & technical analysis. I look at CF, PE, NOI, etc, your going with public sentiment, popularity, etc... If Rivers becomes unpopular his talent is still exceptional & worth the risk/reward.
            Please Make Sense

Comment

• Mike
              • Jan 2009

Originally posted by The Jokeman View Post
              Has Cutler really shown to be valuable with the Bears? He hasn't played as well with them of course that could change this year with the reunion with Marshall. In terms of Cutler, he's always put up great numbers but struggles to bring his team over .500 of late greated his D not been as it good as was in the past but I still debate if the Bills have the LBs or CBs to be a great D in 2012. That said is Rivers better than Fitzpatrick? Yes but I don't know if I'd call him a franchise QB. Cutler was a good comparison player. As right now the Bills lack a quality LT and secondary option in the passing game to be a true playoff team. Who knows it might happen this year as Donald Jones is in year 3 which is typically breakout years for WRs. Yet Cordy Glenn manning the blindside is a bit worriesome.
              Cutler played very well last year. Much better than Fitz.
              I believe he is a Top 10 QB in nfl.

Would you want Rivers? If so, at what price?
              Last edited by Mike; 08-27-2012, 11:38 PM.
              Please Make Sense

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                • Jun 2005

Tell me you did not call Cutler and Vick Franchise QBs LOL. Your argument went out the window when I saw that haha

Comment

• zone
                  • Oct 2003

Weather it's stocks, commodities often investors wait for a stock to jump up & buy then when it falls off a cliff they sell.
                  I have no idea how your drawing that conclusion. I'm the type of guy that bought Apple at its lowest point! You know when the company was worthless & the CEO of dell was suggesting that they return all the investors money! 10k back than is worth well over a million now! In 2000 an ounce of silver was $3 now it's over $30. And the story goes on. Middle America and guys like you jump on the band wagon when it's too late, on the 3rd & 4th stages. Guys like you were buying houses in 2007-08. I bought in 2002 & sold in 2007! Then in 2009 I bought again both the Dow at around $7,000 & real estate. Now the Dow has nearly doubled & real estate in my area is up 30% on the year! I'm waiting for chumps like you to come jump on the band wagon & get fleeced because of your lack of knowledge.

This is the difference between fundamental & technical analysis. I look at CF, PE, NOI, etc, your going with public sentiment, popularity, etc... If Rivers becomes unpopular his talent is still exceptional & worth the risk/reward.
                  Whether the weather is raining or sunny, it's funny to watch people on the internet pretend.
                  www.blzbus.com

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                    Making Spirits Bright
                    • Mar 2006

So if Rivers' stock is that low, why the frick would we give up 2 1sts and 2 2nds to trade for him? That's not what I would call a sound investment.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                      Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

I've never liked Rivers. He's way overvalued. What has he done in his career? Even with weapons like Tomlinson, Gates, V Jackson, and a used-to-be stout defense, he couldn't go far into the playoffs.

Comment

• EDS
                        • Jan 2003

Rivers is for sure a franchise QB. I would give up quite a bit for him. I don't see San Diego being bad enough, even with all the injuries, to get a shot at a top 10 pick so this is all likely for not anyway.

Comment

• The King
                          Without me it's just Awe so
                          • Jun 2004

Rivers is a cancer... he fights his coach constantly. He's the problem with the Chargers.
                          I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                          "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                          You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                          It was all
                          true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                          He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                          mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                            Unreachable Douche
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by SquishDaFish View Post
                            Tell me you did not call Cutler and Vick Franchise QBs LOL. Your argument went out the window when I saw that haha
                            Yeah because Losman, Johnson, Holcomb, Edwards, Hobert, Fitzpatrick, Brohm, Brown, Thigpen, Young, Jackson, and Van Pelt have been so much better.

Does anyone wonder why we have sucked since 2000?
                            Last edited by TacklingDummy; 08-28-2012, 11:45 AM.

Comment

• better days
                              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by The King View Post
                              Rivers is a cancer... he fights his coach constantly. He's the problem with the Chargers.
                              Norv would have been fired if Rivers did not come to his defense & say he wanted him to remain as HC, so I don't know where you are getting that from.

Comment

Working...
                              X