PDA

View Full Version : You think if Hurricane "Issac" crushes New Orleans again that Roger will have mercy?

Skooby
08-27-2012, 06:39 PM
Hurricane Issac is forecast to hit on the exact same day as Katrina, looks to be a big storm surge as well. Do you think Roger Goodell will re-think some of the punishments that he has handed out (mercy) ?

Extremebillsfan247
08-27-2012, 06:42 PM
Doubtful.

Aero II
08-27-2012, 06:45 PM
Mmmm no. Totally unrelated.

BertSquirtgum
08-27-2012, 06:47 PM
You sure do make some really great threads.

stuckincincy
08-27-2012, 06:51 PM
Should be interesting - Jesse Jackson and and the other race baiters probably won't dare toss out the race card with Obama in office. The Black Caucus will be mum. FEMA and the Corps of Engineers will feel no heat by the press regardless of what happens.

Roger will not relent.

Skooby
08-27-2012, 06:56 PM
You sure do make some really great threads.

You didn't swear of make a run-on sentence, where is HN being held captive ?

coastal
08-27-2012, 06:58 PM
neither funny, nor clever nor thoughtful.

that city turned into the fifth level of hell... and we all watched it happen live... on TV... for days.

I hope the people of the city, good and bad alike, are spared anything remotely similar to the horror that was Katrina.

my thoughts and prayers to the city and people of New Orleans.

BertSquirtgum
08-27-2012, 07:55 PM
You didn't swear of make a run-on sentence, where is HN being held captive ?

It appears you fell and hit your head. Did you forget the helmet again today?

Skooby
08-27-2012, 08:00 PM
It appears you fell and hit your head. Did you forget the helmet again today?

Thanks to your friendly reminder last night, I was saved today from sure head-trauma. Thanks again.

Johnny Bugmenot
08-28-2012, 05:48 AM
First off, Isaac isn't anywhere near as strong. Second, it's quite a bit further east. So New Orleans isn't going to get the direct hit.

TigerJ
08-28-2012, 10:10 AM
This just in: Looters were reported at the headquarters of the New Orleans Saints in the wake of Hurricane Isaac. Looters were wearing stockings to inhibit identification, but according to witnesses, one of the looters asked, "Should we spare the photo of Sean Payton's wife and kids, Commish?" In reply, one of the other looters yelled, "Take it! I have pins and a bottle of acid at home."

TigerJ
08-28-2012, 10:18 AM
First off, Isaac isn't anywhere near as strong. Second, it's quite a bit further east. So New Orleans isn't going to get the direct hit.While Isaac is still a tropical storm this morning, and may be no more than a minimal hurricane when it hits land, it's likely to come in to land to the southwest of New Orleans, but pretty close to the city. The city has improved its dike system considerably since Katrina, and dike failure is not likely to be a big issue. However, Isaac, like Kattrina is a huge storm geographically, and unlike Katrina, is now moving pretty slowly, and is likely to be a huge rainmaker for southern Louisiana. More than 20 inches of rain is not out of the question for the city, and for a city that is below sea level, that's going to provide a massive test for the city's pump system. Major flooding and long duration high winds are still going to cause lots of damage.

ServoBillieves
08-28-2012, 01:09 PM
My wife wanted to go to New Orleans for our honeymoon, we left Saturday. The town looks great, I know that there is plenty to take care of financially, but if Roger Goodell cares so much about one player hitting another in the helmet, why would he care about thousands affected?

Goodell is a disease. He has so many outside sources telling him that the injured veterans should be taken care of, the recent league should be, and those who will be hurt need protection. He made this league vanilla. There players didn't need to play after their first injury, the world isn't perfect. Do we want to be humanitarian? Of course we do, but when you're handed $1 Mill guaranteed, you can step away from the game anytime you want. Want to mess with a pass rushers head? After spinning/swimming off of an offensive lineman, in a split second remember how Goodell said you have a baseball strike zone to hit them. You make any form of great, legal hit this year, and as long as these awful 4th tier refs are in the game, it's illegal because he got hit too hard.

I feel terrible for Night Train as he rolls in his grave (may he R.I.P.) over how wimpy this league has become. Goodell feels that he has to make everyone happy, rather than take control of a league that is obsessed over by millions of fans and run by billionaires. I whole heartedly believe that Roger has no clue as to what this game truly is. YOU HIT ON EVERY PLAY! Are they soon going to be wearing pads on their hands on the line?

Man I went WAY off topic on that one, but no. Goodell will stick by his guns, and will stick by his jurisdiction to completely screw the Saints due to a DC who was "mean" on the football field (HA) and punishing their head coach, owner, fans, and 2 best defensive players. Unless this is some BS scripted "come out of nowhere" story I feel like the Saints will get no slack this year.

DraftBoy
08-28-2012, 01:24 PM
Not a thread that's made in good taste. New Orleans is still a disaster area.

Skooby
08-29-2012, 05:16 AM
Pray for New Orleans, it's gotten real bad now:

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/08/29/isaac-drenches-gulf-coast/

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/08/29/13543307-officials-hurricane-isaacs-storm-surge-overtops-levee-sends-12-foot-flood-into-la-homes?lite

Skooby
08-31-2012, 08:00 AM
1st concession by Roger:

As a result, the NFL is willing to delay (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/new-orleans-saints-mickey-loomis-roger-goodell-suspension-083012) the start (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/#) of the suspension imposed on G.M. Mickey Loomis, according to Alex Marvez of FOXSports.com.
But the league would only toll the eight-game ban, nudging it from Week Two through Week Nine. Per Marvez, owner Tom Benson asked Commissioner Roger Goodell to waive the first week of the suspension.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/31/hurricane-could-result-in-delayed-start-to-loomis-suspension/