PDA

View Full Version : Jets deal for Jason Smith

BLeonard
08-27-2012, 07:34 PM
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/8308587/source-new-york-jets-deal-jason-smith-st-louis-rams

Continuing their right-tackle shuffle, the New York Jets have traded for St. Louis Rams former first-round pick Jason Smith, a league source said Monday night.

As part of the proposed deal, the Jets will send demoted Jets tackle Wayne Hunter to the Rams, reuniting him with former Jets offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer, sources said.

The two sides were deep into negotiations as of Monday evening.

The move comes four days after the Jets benched Hunter. His replacement, Austin Howard, received positive reviews for his performance Sunday night against the Carolina Panthers, but the Jets wanted to fortify the weakest spot on their offensive line.

Why the hell the Rams would want Hunter is beyond me...

-Bill

DBrown77
08-27-2012, 07:40 PM
So they can cut him for $1 million cheaper than Smith?

GingerP
08-27-2012, 07:40 PM
Why the hell the Rams would want Hunter is beyond me...

I think it is a great trade for the Rams. They deal their lazy, underachieving bum of a former #2 overall pick for Hunter, who sucks just as bad but at least works and tries hard. Hunter will be their 3rd OT, and he makes $1.5M less in guaranteed money, so they save to boot.

SquishDaFish
08-27-2012, 07:44 PM
Better trade for the Rams IMO. Both garbage but Smith is owed more cash. Trading garbage for garbage.

BleedinGreenNC
08-29-2012, 03:04 PM
Better trade for the Rams IMO. Both garbage but Smith is owed more cash. Trading garbage for garbage.

Smith reworked his contract to reflect Hunters, so its an even swap of trash now!!

nolimit
08-29-2012, 04:52 PM
Smith reworked his contract to reflect Hunters, so its an even swap of trash now!!

someone get her a blanket...I think she is cold

more cowbell
08-29-2012, 05:48 PM
Who cares?

BleedinGreenNC
08-30-2012, 11:23 AM
Who cares?

Apparently a poster on here.

DraftBoy
08-30-2012, 11:25 AM

For the Jets yes, but this still saves the Rams some money.

BleedinGreenNC
09-02-2012, 01:48 PM
For the Jets yes, but this still saves the Rams some money.

Thats why i think it was a good trade for both teams, if Smith works out, good. If he doesnt, cut his ass next season