PDA

View Full Version : Cheaters cut Jabar Gaffney. Yay or Nay

Meathead
08-27-2012, 10:44 PM
31 years old, healthy averaged over 66 recep and 900 yds the last two seasons in denver and washington, available for nuthin but a contract

yay or nay

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/football/nfl/08/27/patriots-cut-jabar-gaffney-donte-stallworth.ap/index.html

BertSquirtgum
08-27-2012, 11:16 PM
I think he would come in here and compete right away for the #2 job. He is better than D.Jones.

Buddo
08-28-2012, 04:12 AM
Tricky one, tbh. The guy produces wherever he goes, not huge numbers, but solid ones. Thing is, he's been a fair few places, so there might be something about his persona, that doesn't readily gel with people.
Someone on the BBMB, claims we have interest in him, and it's a guy who does seem to have some 'contacts', so I wouldn't rule it out, by any means.
Age might be of concern - he's 31 iirc, but he's never been a 'burner' so that shouldn't matter too much.
TBH, I think Jones is going to do pretty well this year, but although I liked what I saw at the end of last year from Hagan, I've not seen that from him again so far this year.
Consistency seems to be a current focus at OBD, and it's quite likely that Gaffney can provide more of that, which might well be a good thing.
If he does come in, I think Hagan will be the guy who goes.

GingerP
08-28-2012, 05:39 AM
Gaffney missed their last couple of preseason games because of a thigh injury of some sort. I'm not sure of his current health status.

Meathead
08-28-2012, 08:30 AM
Gaffney was in his second stint with the Patriots, but was nursing a right thigh injury. Gaffney's release was considered a surprise as he was battling for a job with several receivers and earned reps with the first team in practice. But it appears the Patriots didn't want to wait on the injury to heal and ended his tour with the team after signing a deal last May.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/playerpage/306271/jabar-gaffney

i cant find anything on how serious this injury is, but if the cheaters didnt want to wait on him then they must have thought it would linger. if not, then the bills should pounce bc he appears to clearly be the best fa wr available after this round of cuts

The King
08-28-2012, 09:08 AM
Sounds like a hammy.

Meathead
08-28-2012, 01:32 PM
im not one of those 'ive heard of him go get him' guys but i really hope they look at gaffney if his thigh injury isnt lingering. somebody said he might have a deal worked out with the cheaters to come back after week one, but thats more reason to go after him. id feel a lot better about the wr platoon if he was in the mix there

ServoBillieves
08-28-2012, 01:36 PM
Nay.

better days
08-28-2012, 01:45 PM
im not one of those 'ive heard of him go get him' guys but i really hope they look at gaffney if his thigh injury isnt lingering. somebody said he might have a deal worked out with the cheaters to come back after week one, but thats more reason to go after him. id feel a lot better about the wr platoon if he was in the mix there

Yeah, the Pats* will most likely resign him after week 1 so they won't have to guarantee his salary.