• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Meathead
    Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
    • Jul 2002

Cheaters cut Jabar Gaffney. Yay or Nay

31 years old, healthy averaged over 66 recep and 900 yds the last two seasons in denver and washington, available for nuthin but a contract

yay or nay

One set of rules for all in the beloved community
  • BertSquirtgum
    Legendary Zoner
    • May 2009

Re: Cheaters cut Jabar Gaffney. Yay or Nay

I think he would come in here and compete right away for the #2 job. He is better than D.Jones.

Comment

• Buddo
      • Mar 2007

Tricky one, tbh. The guy produces wherever he goes, not huge numbers, but solid ones. Thing is, he's been a fair few places, so there might be something about his persona, that doesn't readily gel with people.
      Someone on the BBMB, claims we have interest in him, and it's a guy who does seem to have some 'contacts', so I wouldn't rule it out, by any means.
      Age might be of concern - he's 31 iirc, but he's never been a 'burner' so that shouldn't matter too much.
      TBH, I think Jones is going to do pretty well this year, but although I liked what I saw at the end of last year from Hagan, I've not seen that from him again so far this year.
      Consistency seems to be a current focus at OBD, and it's quite likely that Gaffney can provide more of that, which might well be a good thing.
      If he does come in, I think Hagan will be the guy who goes.

Comment

• GingerP
        • Aug 2012

Gaffney missed their last couple of preseason games because of a thigh injury of some sort. I'm not sure of his current health status.

Comment

• Meathead
          • Jul 2002

Gaffney was in his second stint with the Patriots, but was nursing a right thigh injury. Gaffney's release was considered a surprise as he was battling for a job with several receivers and earned reps with the first team in practice. But it appears the Patriots didn't want to wait on the injury to heal and ended his tour with the team after signing a deal last May.

Get the latest fantasy news, stats, and injury updates for Jabar Gaffney from CBS Sports

i cant find anything on how serious this injury is, but if the cheaters didnt want to wait on him then they must have thought it would linger. if not, then the bills should pounce bc he appears to clearly be the best fa wr available after this round of cuts

Comment

• The King
            Without me it's just Awe so
            • Jun 2004

Sounds like a hammy.
            I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
            "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
            You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
            It was all
            true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
            He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
            mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Meathead
              • Jul 2002

im not one of those 'ive heard of him go get him' guys but i really hope they look at gaffney if his thigh injury isnt lingering. somebody said he might have a deal worked out with the cheaters to come back after week one, but thats more reason to go after him. id feel a lot better about the wr platoon if he was in the mix there

Comment

• ServoBillieves
                The Voice of Reason
                • Jul 2007

Nay.
                Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• better days
                  • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Meathead View Post
                  im not one of those 'ive heard of him go get him' guys but i really hope they look at gaffney if his thigh injury isnt lingering. somebody said he might have a deal worked out with the cheaters to come back after week one, but thats more reason to go after him. id feel a lot better about the wr platoon if he was in the mix there
                  Yeah, the Pats* will most likely resign him after week 1 so they won't have to guarantee his salary.

Comment

Working...
                  X