Mahdi
08-28-2012, 07:42 AM
TE Chase Coffman
DE Eric Norwood
WR Donte Stallworth
WR Jabar Gaffney
S Sean Jones
CB Antwaun Molden

More to come in next few days. Ideally a good LB is cut that can provide competition at MLB and OLB depth. Also, we could use someone to push Moore and Gilbert for spots.

DraftBoy
08-28-2012, 07:43 AM
Jones maybe but the rest offer nothing.

Mr. Pink
08-28-2012, 08:22 AM
Jones maybe but the rest offer nothing.

Always liked Sean Jones too.

Gaffney might be worth a look see just to add another NFL caliber WR to the mix. Should come for vet min or a little over. Offers some leadership qualities, veteran presence and could help out with some of the youngsters.

The rest of that list is a bunch of garbage though.

Mahdi
08-28-2012, 08:27 AM
Offer nothing in terms of starters, but I think they can turn out to be valuable depth.

Coffman was very highly regarded coming out as a receiving TE. Very similar skill set to Chandler so could be a good backup.

Norwood was also a good pass rusher coming out. A bit undersized but I think in the right defense he can have an impact.

Molden is a big CB, can maybe move to safety.

Stallworth was having a decent preseason and still has good speed. I think he could be better than Martin and whoever our 6th is. Same with Gaffney.

GingerP
08-28-2012, 08:31 AM
Hard to think Jones has anything left. He was brutal on a bad defense in Tampa last year. Now he signs with Detroit and can't even make it past the first cut, in spite of their big need for help in the secondary.

Coffman is big and can catch, but is a terrible athlete. Just a big lunk who has been cut twice in the last 3 months.

Stallworth has been unproductive for years now, he is toast.

Of that list, Gaffney may make some sense. He was very productive in Washington, and he was doing OK with the Pats until his hurt his leg a couple weeks ago, according to reports. I think they just decided to stick with Branch instead after he got hurt, and you can't have 2 reserve WR who contribute nothing on ST. He can get open and catch the ball and is probably a good fit for the Bills spread stuff. The only downside is his lack of ST contribution and if his leg is OK.

Night Train
08-28-2012, 08:41 AM
The next block Chase Coffman throws will be his first.

That's his drawback and Pete Metz would never put up with that. Thus, his street FA status.