PDA

View Full Version : Terrence McGee suffers a setback

GingerP
08-28-2012, 06:30 PM
Per BB.com

The long road to recovery for <nobr style="color: rgb(102, 102, 102); font-family: 'Arial Regular', Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; line-height: 18px; ">Terrence McGeehttp://www.buffalobills.com/assets/nflimg/icon-article-link.gif (http://www.buffalobills.com/team/roster/terrence-mcgee/86165f42-18bb-4051-a106-5a88ba2ba18d/)</nobr> coming off patellar tendon surgery saw a bump in the road after practice Monday and it kept him off the practice field Tuesday. It will also keep him out of the preseason finale Thursday night in Detroit.
“Terrence had a setback yesterday,” said Gailey following Tuesday's practice. "His knee got a little weaker in practice yesterday so we’re sitting him and seeing where he goes looking into the future. He’s not going to play this week so we’ll have to see where that takes us.”

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/McGee-suffers-setback/46de1488-67b0-454a-af2f-2e7010728359

HAMMER
08-28-2012, 06:34 PM
The Turk is coming.

YardRat
08-28-2012, 06:35 PM
Not good for him. Our secondary is going to be really green at corner this season.

better days
08-28-2012, 06:41 PM
Not good for him. Our secondary is going to be really green at corner this season.

Green, but FAST & GOOD.

tampabay25690
08-28-2012, 06:41 PM
I think he is cut Friday

Scumbag College
08-28-2012, 07:17 PM
He really looked good against the run this preseason but horrible in pass defense. I don't know if his knee injury is still lingering but he just looks just a step or two too slow to cover a receiver.

Mindbender
08-28-2012, 07:25 PM
I think he is cut Friday

I think Gailey specifically said his roster spot is not in danger.

Cali512
08-28-2012, 08:01 PM
^ i think thats totally being retarted. McGee will come into a game and be a weakness, meanwhile we got rid of Merriman who isnt at a position that you would worry that playing him would cost the game for us. McGee will NEVER EVER be a good CB again, and i think everyone knows. Merriman at least had a chance to upgrade our team or not impact it at all. McGee being on the field hurts our team, and clogging up a position that alot of healthy young good CBs are fighting to get. Keeping McGee is like keeping Roscoe

OpIv37
08-28-2012, 10:04 PM
Cut, or IR'd and injury settlement. Too bad. He was one of the few bright spots during our wasted decade.

Jeff1220
08-28-2012, 10:42 PM
Retirement maybe?

BertSquirtgum
08-29-2012, 12:05 AM
I don't understand why he is still on this team. He should have been released last year.

Night Train
08-29-2012, 03:13 AM
It's time. We need guys that can play.

X-Era
08-29-2012, 05:54 AM
Green, but FAST & GOOD.
Fast Ill give you, but the good part hasn't been shown enough yet.

- - - Updated - - -

If we cut McGee Id like a vet backup to be added.

coastal
08-29-2012, 06:04 AM
I hear Tim Anderson is hiring.

NOT THE DUDE...
08-29-2012, 06:56 AM
he said as of right now. he was being politically correct and respectful to a long time vet... hes done man...

mikemac2001
08-29-2012, 07:58 AM
can't pup him? to save a spot

don137
08-29-2012, 08:55 AM
can't pup him? to save a spot

I was thinking the same thing. However, one has to wonder is it worth putting an injury prone player that had a set back from an injured that occurred last year. We need reliable players and he does sound like someone that they can count on to suit up. I really liked the guy and he was a great player however, the tank is empty. Need to move on.

mikemac2001
08-29-2012, 09:01 AM
I was thinking the same thing. However, one has to wonder is it worth putting an injury prone player that had a set back from an injured that occurred last year. We need reliable players and he does sound like someone that they can count on to suit up. I really liked the guy and he was a great player however, the tank is empty. Need to move on.

If he can be pup'd idk if they have a limit or not but in 6 weeks if we need a CB we got one

Ed
08-29-2012, 10:11 AM
Paul Hamilton tweeted yesterday that McGee is not on the bubble according to Gailey. Gailey has said all along that he only cares about McGee being healthy for the beginning of the season. I think as long as McGee is on track to be 100% healthy at some point in September he'll make the team. Nix and Gailey always say you can never have enough good CB's and they both think McGee is great when he's healthy.

Ed
08-29-2012, 10:13 AM
If he can be pup'd idk if they have a limit or not but in 6 weeks if we need a CB we got one
I asked about PUP the other day and apparently if you have practiced at all you are not eligible for PUP. Only players that were unable to participate in any official off season practices are eligible for PUP.

TacklingDummy
08-29-2012, 10:24 AM
Should have been cut 2 years ago.

Lexwhat
08-29-2012, 05:41 PM
I honestly wish we would have kept Florence for another year (or two). He signed with the Broncos for 2 years and $4.5 million dollars, while McGee re-upped for 2 years and $4 million dollars...

Does anyone honestly think McGee is better than Florence at this stage in their respective careers? Both are the same age, while Florence has been extremely durable throughout his career. Even though Florence's Buffalo contract was higher (I think around ~$4 million before he got cut), I would rather have kept him for 2 more years than McGee.

more cowbell
08-29-2012, 05:47 PM
Sorry Terrence...here's the door...

mikemac2001
08-29-2012, 09:04 PM
I asked about PUP the other day and apparently if you have practiced at all you are not eligible for PUP. Only players that were unable to participate in any official off season practices are eligible for PUP.

ok i had a feeling that could be it

DraftBoy
08-30-2012, 07:26 AM
Paul Hamilton tweeted yesterday that McGee is not on the bubble according to Gailey. Gailey has said all along that he only cares about McGee being healthy for the beginning of the season. I think as long as McGee is on track to be 100% healthy at some point in September he'll make the team. Nix and Gailey always say you can never have enough good CB's and they both think McGee is great when he's healthy.

This mentality of Gailey's that certain non-essential players are guaranteed spots is wearing quite thin. Brad Smith is another example of this mindset he has.

Ed
08-30-2012, 10:23 AM
This mentality of Gailey's that certain non-essential players are guaranteed spots is wearing quite thin. Brad Smith is another example of this mindset he has.
It may not even really be Gailey's choice though, at least in regards to McGee. I think finances could be playing a big role in McGee staying. From what I understand, the way the Bills restructured McGee's deal helped save money, but it also makes his cap value higher for this season if he's cut than if he makes the roster. Maybe they just didn't expect his recovery to be this long and difficult, but now they've made it hard on themselves to cut him.

GingerP
08-30-2012, 11:29 AM
It may not even really be Gailey's choice though, at least in regards to McGee. I think finances could be playing a big role in McGee staying. From what I understand, the way the Bills restructured McGee's deal helped save money, but it also makes his cap value higher for this season if he's cut than if he makes the roster. Maybe they just didn't expect his recovery to be this long and difficult, but now they've made it hard on themselves to cut him.

No, the restructure only gave him an additional $300K signing bonus, spread over this year and next, while slashing his base salary to $1.35M this year and $1.75M next. He also has a $350K roster bonus next year. The only difference is his $300K signing bonus, while his salary is less.

Thus, if they cut him they save his $1.35M base this year, while the remaining signing bonus is dead money at $2.25M this year and in 2013. It comes down to whether they want to pay him $1.35M to play this year.

DraftBoy
08-30-2012, 11:42 AM
New IR rule could come into play here.

Ed
08-30-2012, 12:25 PM
No, the restructure only gave him an additional $300K signing bonus, spread over this year and next, while slashing his base salary to $1.35M this year and $1.75M next. He also has a $350K roster bonus next year. The only difference is his $300K signing bonus, while his salary is less.

Thus, if they cut him they save his $1.35M base this year, while the remaining signing bonus is dead money at $2.25M this year and in 2013. It comes down to whether they want to pay him $1.35M to play this year.
The info I was looking at must not be accurate.

New IR rule could come into play here.
I thought the new IR rule got rejected...

GingerP
09-01-2012, 06:00 PM
McGee is practicing again and looks like he is OK. He says he is back where he was before the 3rd preseason game. Hopefully this is part of the recovery and he stays healthy.