• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BertSquirtgum
    Legendary Zoner
    • May 2009

Preseason doesn't matter.

The people that actually believe this are fools.

• SquishDaFish
    Lets GO BUFFALO!!
    • Jun 2005

Re: Preseason doesn't matter.

Man I cant wait for the reg season.

Comment

• mikemac2001
      is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
      • Mar 2003

jerry sullivan doesnt he cry and complain the most....the D line looks fast and i don't even think there all going full speed (also oline deals with them 2 drives not all game)

preseason isnt a full game it isnt a full game plan and you don't get a chance to adjust like u do in reg season....also you dont have time for freddie and our dline to wear down the other teams....u can cry once the reg season starts.

MUCK
      FIAMI

Comment

• buffalobillsfan95
        • Jan 2010

I think it's important. It helps the offense and defense start to get a feel for the speed again and gel together. I don't believe the performance during preseason will reflect how we will be all year. I also think its important to discover raw talent and those are people who preform well with no game plan.
        “The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.” -Albert Einstein

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by mikemac2001 View Post
          jerry sullivan doesnt he cry and complain the most....the D line looks fast and i don't even think there all going full speed (also oline deals with them 2 drives not all game)

preseason isnt a full game it isnt a full game plan and you don't get a chance to adjust like u do in reg season....also you dont have time for freddie and our dline to wear down the other teams....u can cry once the reg season starts.
          Uh, did you even read the article? Sullivan liked Jackson and th DL and basically said the team will do well as long as the starters stay healthy.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
            Legendary Zoner
            • May 2009

This was not a crying fest thread. I just don't get the people that say "blah blah blah har har har, it's only preseason." It does matter for teams that blow. We are not in the golden age of the early 90's. Where all the veterans are pro-bowlers and do not need to practice.
            Last edited by BertSquirtgum; 08-29-2012, 11:23 AM.

Comment

• HAMMER
              I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
              • Jul 2003

You will all be right back on the bandwagon after we destroy the Jets Wk 1.

Comment

• Buffalogic
                Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
                • Feb 2006

Every thread, actually every post you make Hurkey is worse than the one before it. You are just a terrible poster and the board would be better without you. Your idiotic and repetitive drivel far outweighs your pleasant avatars. Please reevaluate your presence here. That is all.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

Preseason doesn't count but it matters
                  sacrifice1
                  https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• TedMock
                    • Jul 2002

I think Justa hit the nail on the head when he said it "doesn't count, but it matters." That's where I think most people fall, but fail to properly articulate. It does matter, but it matters in a different way beyond wins and losses. Different looks, different styles, different pairings, position battles, multiple postion ability, bottom of the roster, etc. One of the goals is also, obviously, to play well and play consistent. I think the starters have done "okay," but certainly need consistency. The backups are wildly inconsistent and that is very scary.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                      Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                      • Jun 2005

Sorry we need to be more specific for your greatness Hurkey. Preseason RESULTS (you now WINS and LOSSES) DONT MATTER. So teams (coaches) dont try to win those games. Now preseason does matter for the players to make sure they are in shape and to weed out the players who wont make the team. Thats the only thing that matters in PRESEASON.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • May 2009

Originally posted by Wagon Circler View Post
                        Every thread, actually every post you make Hurkey is worse than the one before it. You are just a terrible poster and the board would be better without you. Your idiotic and repetitive drivel far outweighs your pleasant avatars. Please reevaluate your presence here. That is all.
                        Why does everyone on the range hate you? I think you post on this site to make yourself feel better.
                        Last edited by BertSquirtgum; 08-29-2012, 01:21 PM.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • May 2009

Originally posted by SquishDaFish View Post
                          Sorry we need to be more specific for your greatness Hurkey. Preseason RESULTS (you now WINS and LOSSES) DONT MATTER. So teams (coaches) dont try to win those games. Now preseason does matter for the players to make sure they are in shape and to weed out the players who wont make the team. Thats the only thing that matters in PRESEASON.
                          I feel like you're just mad because your wife bought you season tickets this year and you're going to spend a lot of money to watch the team blow again. I could be wrong and hope to be wrong because I also spent a lot of money on season tickets. The reality of the situation doesn't look optimistic to me.

Comment

• ryven
                            • Jan 2003

Check the Bills "glory" years. I don't know if they ever won a preseason game.
                            Last edited by ryven; 08-29-2012, 01:43 PM.

Comment

• Coach Sal
                              • Aug 2006

Originally posted by ryven View Post
                              Check the Bills "glory" years. I don't know if they ever won a preseason game.
                              Horrible comparison. It was before the era of real free agency. They had the same players, the same coaches, and they were really, really talented across the board. They didn't have to work on things to the extent that a team like this Bills team does.

When this team gets to 4 straight Super Bowls.....or heck, even MAKES the playoffs 4 straight years, then I'll care less about how they look in the preseason. I'm not jumping off bridges over what I saw the last 3 weeks. They actually did some very good things, like clean up the penalties, show the DL is coning together like it should, and get better each game overall (starters, at least). That last part is actually the biggest thing in preseason. Get better each week so you're ready for week one.

But there are also things that don't make me feel warm and fuzzy about. Like bad communication between QB and WRs, poor 3rd down execution, and giving up several big plays.

I'm don't understand why people can't look at it from a broader view and not just "it really matters" vs. "it doesn't matter at all."
                              Last edited by Coach Sal; 08-29-2012, 01:50 PM.
                              Click to listen:

Buffalo Bills Now! and NFL Now! podcasts
                              And every Saturday at 11am on WGR

"A good name is more desirable than great riches, and high esteem is better than silver and gold."

Class Character Commitment Consistency Courage

Comment

Working...
                              X