PDA

View Full Version : 2 Buffalo Bills QB Questions.

blackonyx89
08-29-2012, 08:32 AM
Question #1- OK Bills fans, if you were the Bills owner and you wanted a decent QB running the offense, who'd you pick?

Question #2- Which free agent QB or NFL Draft QB the Bills should've gotten, but never bothered to get.

Generalissimus Gibby
08-29-2012, 08:38 AM
You mean now or in the future?

I'd take Peyton/Eli Manning, Tom Brady, Ben Rothlinsburger, Drew Brees, or Philip Rivers

The answer to question two is simple: Tom Brady

blackonyx89
08-29-2012, 09:45 AM
Yes for now and as for the past, what free agent or NFL draft QB the Bills could've easily had gotten, but passed on and in hindsight, should've taken him.

OpIv37
08-29-2012, 09:55 AM
The answer to question two is simple: Tom Brady

It's not that simple. Remember, even the Patriots passed on Brady 5x before selecting him. Brady wasn't even a full-time starter in college. It was one of those rare times when literally no one thought he could be as good as he is. This org has made a lot of mistakes, but I can't fault them for not taking Brady. They had no way of knowing.

Ed
08-29-2012, 10:04 AM
If the Bills hadn't traded away their 2005 first round pick during the 2004 draft to move up for Losman, they could have drafted Aaron Rodgers in 2005. If I could go back and change one thing it would probably be that.

As for Brady, I believe he was a beneficiary of being in the right situation at the right time. He's obviously become a HOF qb, but I don't believe he would have had the coaching or personnel around him at the time to be successful early on in Buffalo.

So either way at this point I would rather have Rodgers than Brady.

EDS
08-29-2012, 10:18 AM
Agree with Ed - hindsight being 20/20 and all, the trade back up into the first round in 2004 never happens and then they pull the trigger on a sliding Rodgers in 2005.

Of more recent vintage, I am curious to see how some of the first and second year guys develop. If someone like Locker or Wilson turns into a stud and the Bills flounder, the front office will have to be held accountable.

GingerP
08-29-2012, 10:49 AM
It's not that simple. Remember, even the Patriots passed on Brady 5x before selecting him. Brady wasn't even a full-time starter in college. It was one of those rare times when literally no one thought he could be as good as he is. This org has made a lot of mistakes, but I can't fault them for not taking Brady. They had no way of knowing.

Yeah, if they had taken Brady right before New England did then the Bills would have not been able to get Leif Larsen. I'm not sure I'd go there.

Mr. Miyagi
08-29-2012, 10:57 AM
Question #1- OK Bills fans, if you were the Bills owner and you wanted a decent QB running the offense, who'd you pick?

Question #2- Which free agent QB or NFL Draft QB the Bills should've gotten, but never bothered to get.
Your second question implies that the answer to the first question as someone not already on our roster. I refuse to participate in such biased questionnaire.

DraftBoy
08-29-2012, 12:01 PM

Well in fairness that same Patriots staff plucked Matt Cassel out from USC a few years later who started even less games and became a starting QB for the Chiefs. They knew something many other teams didn't.

Its not always about passing over a guy because you dont know if he'll be good or not.

Generalissimus Gibby
08-29-2012, 12:09 PM

Never said it was a mistake for not taking him, but the question was not what our worst mistake at qb was this decade, its what qb should we have gotten? If anything Brady proves the draft is a crapshoot. Now if you want to know what our worst qb mistakes this past decade are, well that's simple: RJ over Flutie, trading for JP in 2004 when we could have had Rogers in 2005, and trading for RJ in the first place in 1998.

Mr. Pink
08-29-2012, 01:15 PM
1. I'd have Cutler or Rodgers, 2 will explain how.

2. Losman would have never been drafted, Bledsoe would have been the 05 starter and I would have either drafted Rodgers in 05 or Cutler in 06.