PDA

View Full Version : Ralph is cheap ... om backup QBs

ghz in pittsburgh
08-29-2012, 09:17 PM
John Clayton‏<s>@</s>ClaytonESPN Tarvaras Jackson took a paycut from $4 million to $1.75 million with hopes of staying with the Bills after his trade.

The last time I checked $2million > $1.75 million. So you stay with the $1.75 million guy. I haven't checked Thigpen's deal. I bet his agent is offering a reduction to $1.5 million now if not lower already.

better days
08-29-2012, 09:25 PM
A QB that has been in Chans system as long as Thigpen & plays as he does is priceless....................................... I would not want to keep him at any price. Thigpen MUST GO.

Skooby
08-29-2012, 09:48 PM
Big blessings.

ServoBillieves
08-29-2012, 09:58 PM
No complaint here. #4 can take a walk and try for a backup job somewhere else, but who would even think about him even after Vince Young?!

Good riddance to putrid rubbish.

Meathead
08-29-2012, 10:22 PM
http://www.weirdspace.dk/CharlesSchulz/Graphics/Pig-Pen.gifhttp://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQkblJ4xaYupWe2vqh2oDT01f8Q5vG-hrPcNSjERtWQcHF6NNEaughttp://healthandswellness.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/piece-of-toast.jpg

THRILLHO
08-29-2012, 10:47 PM
I don't care what we have to pay our backup QB. The end of the offseason is here, there are no more "big ticket" acquisitions to be had. This back up QB will have to come in at some point given Fitz last year so we should be paying a good amount for someone who can play this year and maybe beyond.

mikemac2001
08-30-2012, 02:07 AM
tyler thigpen sucks
vince young didnt do **** i like the signing at the time but knew it was a risk
T-jax idk hes played well and really bad but he also > thigpen even without knowing the offense

kishoph
08-30-2012, 03:06 AM
I heard on WGR that Jackson could make up to $3 Million with incentives, how true this is I don't know.

Saratoga Slim
08-30-2012, 07:42 AM
Look around the league. David Carr is backing up Eli Manning. Trent Edwards/Mike Kafka are backing up Michael Vick. Etcetera. #2s are almost universally guys like T-Jack and Thigpen, who have some starting experience but didn't cut it. It's hard enough finding a legitimate starter, let alone a backup to be thrilled with.

I could almost care less who our backup is. If Fitzpatrick gets hurt, we're screwed. With a very few exceptions, that's the boat all the other teams are in too.

better days
08-30-2012, 08:52 AM
Look around the league. David Carr is backing up Eli Manning. Trent Edwards/Mike Kafka are backing up Michael Vick. Etcetera. #2s are almost universally guys like T-Jack and Thigpen, who have some starting experience but didn't cut it. It's hard enough finding a legitimate starter, let alone a backup to be thrilled with.

I could almost care less who our backup is. If Fitzpatrick gets hurt, we're screwed. With a very few exceptions, that's the boat all the other teams are in too.

Edwards will be competing with Thigpen in the UFL. Neither will make the 53 man roster cut.

Albany,n.y.
08-30-2012, 09:43 AM
I'd really like to see what Vince Young would do in the now 4 team league. If JP can win a championship there, Young could be God.

TheGhostofJimKelly
08-30-2012, 12:41 PM
I can go along with "Ralph is cheap" a lot, but this year I find it hard to argue him being cheap.

BertSquirtgum
08-30-2012, 02:43 PM

We're screwed either way.