• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Replacement Refs in Week 1

The NFL announced that they'll be rolling with the replacement refs in week one. Joy.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Replacement Refs in Week 1

This is going to be bad. I just hope the bad officiating hurts both teams equally, although historically Buffalo gets the short end of the stick in these situations.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
      • Jul 2002

They should double the number of free challenges, because there are going to be a lot of challenges & if you miss on one you'll run out too soon.

Comment

• The King
        • Jun 2004

That's a great call actually.
        I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
        "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
        You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
        It was all
        true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.

Comment

• Mike13
          • Aug 2005

You might as well just ask the NBA refs to officiate games.

Comment

• trapezeus
            Legendary Zoner
            • Oct 2004

Forget just hte bills game, every game is potentially in for some horrible calls.

I tentatively set the over/under at 2 games where a terrible call in the last 2 minutes changes the outcome (ed hochuli style).

I am open to hear reasons to increase the line.

Comment

• The King
              • Jun 2004

Kings Cartoons: Studying

This probably should've went up with yesterdays.

It was all

Comment

• Ed
                Dude
                • Sep 2002

If the regular refs came back everyone would still complain about the officiating. It's not like anyone ever comes here after a game to talk about how great the officials were. They make mistakes too and they get killed for it.

Comment

• trapezeus
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Oct 2004

the preseaon officiating has been particularly brutal... agreed we typically argue about a close call and are blown away they'd go against us.

so far, there are things that just aren't even in the ball park of being right. Like calling a ball that was punted out at the 4 yard line a touchback.

Comment

• The King
                    • Jun 2004

There was a nightmare call in the Giants game last night. Took 3 tries to get it right.
                    It was all

Comment

• Buddo
                      • Mar 2007

I have to say that I've not been too impressed with the standard of officiating with the regular refs.

However, inept is about as generous as I can be when it comes to the replacements.

I've also mentioned before that they might need to up the amount of challenges allowed.

Or it might be that they have to widen the scope of what you can challenge, as I get the impression that there is some stuff that you can't challenge, and these replacements are probably standing in line to get one of those wrong. ;(

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                        Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                        • Jun 2005

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                        If the regular refs came back everyone would still complain about the officiating. It's not like anyone ever comes here after a game to talk about how great the officials were. They make mistakes too and they get killed for it.
                        Not as much as these **** replacement refs. They SUCK. A Blind 1 legged man could call the game better

Comment

• jamze132
                          Don’t hate…
                          • Jun 2003

I think the calls will go both ways. I don't think you'll see the NFL pushing for one team or another with these guys.

Comment

• Buddo
                            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by jamze132 View Post
                            I think the calls will go both ways. I don't think you'll see the NFL pushing for one team or another with these guys.
                            You might well be right, as I'm not convinced they can recognise one team from the other anyway.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                              Peterman Sucks!
                              • Mar 2006

These guys are gonna get at least 3 weeks in the regular season.

Comment

Working...
                              X