PDA

View Full Version : New Rules for IR, Trade Deadline?

Extremebillsfan247
08-30-2012, 12:53 PM
According to NFL.Com, new rules have been agreed upon by both NFL and NFLPA concerning Injured Reserve (allowing 1 player placed on it to return with restrictions). Also the Trade deadline has been moved from Week 6 to Week 8. Here is the link that explains in more detail. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000056497/article/nflpa-nfl-agree-to-new-trade-deadline-ir-rules?campaign=Twitter_writers_breer

SquishDaFish
08-30-2012, 01:00 PM
Love it. Too bad players already on IR are not eligible ex. Troup. BUT now we can IR McGee is we need to

Ed
08-30-2012, 01:31 PM
Love it. Too bad players already on IR are not eligible ex. Troup. BUT now we can IR McGee is we need to
I don't know if Troup would have been a good candidate since he's been having back problems for 8 months now and our depth on the DL looks pretty good right now. I think they're doing the right thing with him to just give him the whole season to rehab without putting pressure on him to return too soon. McGee definitely looks like a good candidate for it though.

I like these new rules. I didn't think these were going to pass.

Joe Fo Sho
08-30-2012, 01:35 PM

Since the new IR rule is being adopted after the 75-man roster cuts, for the 2012 season only, the NFL and NFLPA have agreed to a transition process that allows teams to activate one player back to the 53-man roster who has been put on IR since the start of training camp.

Buddo
08-30-2012, 02:35 PM
Since the new IR rule is being adopted after the 75-man roster cuts, for the 2012 season only, the NFL and NFLPA have agreed to a transition process that allows teams to activate one player back to the 53-man roster who has been put on IR since the start of training camp.

So that would mean that Troup might be able to come back.