X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Extremebillsfan247
    • Sep 2008

New Rules for IR, Trade Deadline?

According to NFL.Com, new rules have been agreed upon by both NFL and NFLPA concerning Injured Reserve (allowing 1 player placed on it to return with restrictions). Also the Trade deadline has been moved from Week 6 to Week 8. Here is the link that explains in more detail. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100..._writers_breer
  • SquishDaFish
    Lets GO BUFFALO!!
    • Jun 2005

Re: New Rules for IR, Trade Deadline?

Love it. Too bad players already on IR are not eligible ex. Troup. BUT now we can IR McGee is we need to

Comment

• Ed
      Dude
      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by SquishDaFish View Post
      Love it. Too bad players already on IR are not eligible ex. Troup. BUT now we can IR McGee is we need to
      I don't know if Troup would have been a good candidate since he's been having back problems for 8 months now and our depth on the DL looks pretty good right now. I think they're doing the right thing with him to just give him the whole season to rehab without putting pressure on him to return too soon. McGee definitely looks like a good candidate for it though.

I like these new rules. I didn't think these were going to pass.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
        Making Spirits Bright
        • Mar 2006

Originally posted by SquishDaFish View Post
        Since the new IR rule is being adopted after the 75-man roster cuts, for the 2012 season only, the NFL and NFLPA have agreed to a transition process that allows teams to activate one player back to the 53-man roster who has been put on IR since the start of training camp.

Comment

• Buddo
          • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
          Since the new IR rule is being adopted after the 75-man roster cuts, for the 2012 season only, the NFL and NFLPA have agreed to a transition process that allows teams to activate one player back to the 53-man roster who has been put on IR since the start of training camp.
          So that would mean that Troup might be able to come back.

Comment

Working...
          X