PDA

View Full Version : WR's

zone
08-31-2012, 07:58 AM
So does Easley make the team with that return? What about Aiken he looked good last night, just like he did last year in the pre-season. I think this spot will be the toughest choice for Gailey.

T-Long
08-31-2012, 08:18 AM
Stevie
Jones
Nelson
Graham
Hagan
Easley

Thigpen will get cut, with B.Smith serving as #3, so in essence, they keep 6 WR/1 WR/QB.

better days
08-31-2012, 08:55 AM
Easley has more potential, size & speed, than any other WR not named Stevie Johnson on the Bills. That is the reason he will make the team.

Bangarang
08-31-2012, 09:23 AM
Easley has more potential, size & speed, than any other WR not named Stevie Johnson on the Bills. That is the reason he will make the team.

We're not the ones watching practice everyday. If that potential doesn't translate to any sort of production then it doesn't matter. He needs to be impressing in practice and contributing on Sundays. If the coaching staff doesn't feel like he can help this team win a game then he should be cut.

better days
08-31-2012, 09:30 AM
We're not the ones watching practice everyday. If that potential doesn't translate to any sort of production then it doesn't matter. He needs to be impressing in practice and contributing on Sundays. If the coaching staff doesn't feel like he can help this team win a game then he should be cut.

Well, you are right. If the Coaching staff doesn't feel like he can help this team win he should be cut. I think the Coaching staff KNOWS his potential to help this team much better than people on message boards. We will soon see what they think of Easley. I think he is on the final roster myself.

Ed
08-31-2012, 09:36 AM
It really comes down to how many WR's they decide to keep. Not counting Brad Smith, if they only keep 5 I don't think Easley has a chance. I think Hagan pretty much has the 5th spot locked down, but if they keep 6 who knows. I wouldn't be surprised if Easley ends up on the practice squad to start the year. I can't really see another team picking him up at this point.

better days
08-31-2012, 09:41 AM
It really comes down to how many WR's they decide to keep. Not counting Brad Smith, if they only keep 5 I don't think Easley has a chance. I think Hagan pretty much has the 5th spot locked down, but if they keep 6 who knows. I wouldn't be surprised if Easley ends up on the practice squad to start the year. I can't really see another team picking him up at this point.

I disagree there are many teams that need WRs. Teams like the Seahawks that gave TO a shot. If the Bills cut Easley to try to put him on the PS, I would bet another team will grab him just as the Bills have done in the past with players with potential like Chandler, Pears etc.

zone
08-31-2012, 09:49 AM
I disagree there are many teams that need WRs. Teams like the Seahawks that gave TO a shot. If the Bills cut Easley to try to put him on the PS, I would bet another team will grab him just as the Bills have done in the past with players with potential like Chandler, Pears etc.

I agree, the 100 yard kickoff return and the power-in 2 point conversion sealed that he will not be able to sneak on the practice squad.

Ed
08-31-2012, 09:56 AM
I agree that teams need WR's, but there are a lot of WR's that are going to get cut and there's still other vets out there that haven't signed. I mean what has Easley done that another team is going to look at him and think he's worth cutting another on of their own? Keep in mind that all teams are having to make cuts today and are going to have to get rid of some guys that they wish they could keep. Easley has never played in regular season game. Do you really think he's at the top of other teams WR wish list? I've had really high hopes for Easley all along, but it's easy to sometimes overrate your own guys that you've been rooting for.

better days
08-31-2012, 10:24 AM
I agree that teams need WR's, but there are a lot of WR's that are going to get cut and there's still other vets out there that haven't signed. I mean what has Easley done that another team is going to look at him and think he's worth cutting another on of their own? Keep in mind that all teams are having to make cuts today and are going to have to get rid of some guys that they wish they could keep. Easley has never played in regular season game. Do you really think he's at the top of other teams WR wish list? I've had really high hopes for Easley all along, but it's easy to sometimes overrate your own guys that you've been rooting for.

Yes, I think a number of teams would love to have Easley for his size, speed, potential. The Jets for example, who do they have at WR after Santanio Holmes? Answer: NOBODY. Any vet that has played in the league a while & is not a guaranteed starter already is nothing more than a journeyman. Easley has the potential to be GREAT, maybe even better than Stevie.

Bulldog
08-31-2012, 10:38 AM

Combine that with the fact that he's been hurt the last two years, and I think he makes it as well. In essence, this is his rookie year.

Aero II
08-31-2012, 10:41 AM
Stevie
Jones
Nelson
Graham
Hagan
Easley

Thigpen will get cut, with B.Smith serving as #3, so in essence, they keep 6 WR/1 WR/QB.

I'd really like to see Rosevelt make the team, just not sure who would go from that list.

better days
08-31-2012, 10:44 AM
Combine that with the fact that he's been hurt the last two years, and I think he makes it as well. In essence, this is his rookie year.

Exactly. Easley could have a breakout year this year like Stevie did in 2010. Whoever the Bills cut at WR will probably be signed by another team. Chan has said the Bills will have to cut some players that will get a job on another team.

Ed
08-31-2012, 10:44 AM
Yes, I think a number of teams would love to have Easley for his size, speed, potential. The Jets for example, who do they have at WR after Santanio Holmes? Answer: NOBODY. Any vet that has played in the league a while & is not a guaranteed starter already is nothing more than a journeyman. Easley has the potential to be GREAT, maybe even better than Stevie.
Yeah but there are a lot of guys like Easley that have potential and that's all he really has right now. The reality is that he was a raw college prospect from a weaker program and he's been injured his entire career. Plus, the season is only a week away now. Anyone that joins a new team at this point is going to have a lot of catching up to do in order to be able to contribute. So if you're a team in immediate need of WR help, is a young player with no experience like Easley really your best option? I don't know. I personally hope he makes the team and this is a non-issue, but we'll see. The idea of the Jets picking him up does make me nervous though, and that's the kind of thing Rex Ryan would do.

DraftBoy
08-31-2012, 10:47 AM
Easley gets the axe but goes to the Practice Squad, I doubt anybody puts in a waiver claim on him.

better days
08-31-2012, 10:52 AM
Yeah but there are a lot of guys like Easley that have potential and that's all he really has right now. The reality is that he was a raw college prospect from a weaker program and he's been injured his entire career. Plus, the season is only a week away now. Anyone that joins a new team at this point is going to have a lot of catching up to do in order to be able to contribute. So if you're a team in immediate need of WR help, is a young player with no experience like Easley really your best option? I don't know. I personally hope he makes the team and this is a non-issue, but we'll see. The idea of the Jets picking him up does make me nervous though, and that's the kind of thing Rex Ryan would do.

I hear this all the time. Name me 3 or 4 WRs with the size, speed, potential Easley has that any other team has or will cut. You may be able to name some guy with size, another guy with speed, but I will bet you can not name ANYONE that has both the size & speed Easley has that another team gives up on.

better days
08-31-2012, 10:54 AM
Easley gets the axe but goes to the Practice Squad, I doubt anybody puts in a waiver claim on him.

Well, I hope we don't have to find out who is right about this, but if cut I bet Easley gets picked up by another team. That is why I doubt the Bills cut him. Also, Fitz has said he wants Easley on the team.

Ed
08-31-2012, 11:05 AM
I hear this all the time. Name me 3 or 4 WRs with the size, speed, potential Easley has that any other team has or will cut. You may be able to name some guy with size, another guy with speed, but I will bet you can not name ANYONE that has both the size & speed Easley has that another team gives up on.
I can't really answer that. I don't know enough about other teams 4th and 5th string players, but Easley certainly wouldn't be the first player ever with size and speed to get cut. Like I said though, I hope he makes it because I've been excited to see what he can finally do for a while now.

better days
08-31-2012, 12:09 PM
I can't really answer that. I don't know enough about other teams 4th and 5th string players, but Easley certainly wouldn't be the first player ever with size and speed to get cut. Like I said though, I hope he makes it because I've been excited to see what he can finally do for a while now.

Well, Draftboy more than MOST on this board including myself, should know if any WRS will become available that have BOTH the size & speed of Easley. Maybe he can answer this question. I can say I doubt ANY WR with the size, speed & potential of Easley has been cut before getting a chance to show what he could do. I would say any WR with size & speed like Easley that has been cut in the past was cut because he could not catch the ball.

Mouldsie
08-31-2012, 12:26 PM
I agree, the 100 yard kickoff return and the power-in 2 point conversion sealed that he will not be able to sneak on the practice squad.
He was ineligible

better days
08-31-2012, 12:30 PM
He was ineligible

Why would he be ineligible? He has never played in an NFL game in the regular season.

DraftBoy
08-31-2012, 12:43 PM
Well, Draftboy more than MOST on this board including myself, should know if any WRS will become available that have BOTH the size & speed of Easley. Maybe he can answer this question. I can say I doubt ANY WR with the size, speed & potential of Easley has been cut before getting a chance to show what he could do. I would say any WR with size & speed like Easley that has been cut in the past was cut because he could not catch the ball.

All you need to do is ask and boom here you have it.

Packers cut WR Tori Gurley today from South Carolina. 6'4, 216 lbs, runs in the low 4.5's and was a surprise cut of Green Bay. Im tweeting out names on the @BillsDraft account as I see them.

better days
08-31-2012, 01:29 PM
All you need to do is ask and boom here you have it.

Packers cut WR Tori Gurley today from South Carolina. 6'4, 216 lbs, runs in the low 4.5's and was a surprise cut of Green Bay. Im tweeting out names on the @BillsDraft account as I see them.

So he has the size, but not quite the speed of Easley.

Mouldsie
08-31-2012, 02:22 PM
Why would he be ineligible? He has never played in an NFL game in the regular season.
My mistake, I had bad intel.
Correction: http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2012/8/25/3267906/buffalo-bills-marcus-easley-practice-squad-eligibility
I saw the original article only

Dr. Lecter
08-31-2012, 02:31 PM
Am I the only one who is not all nuts over the kick off return? I was more impressed with the 2 point conversion.

Regardless, this guy had one good pre-season game last year and one this year. He has spent two years in the NFL on IR. He would make it through waivers to the PS.

The legend of Marcus Easley continues to grow.

DBrown77
08-31-2012, 03:17 PM
So does Easley make the team with that return? What about Aiken he looked good last night, just like he did last year in the pre-season. I think this spot will be the toughest choice for Gailey.

Axe Easley and save Roosevelt. Roosevelt has looked a lot better in games and is less prone to injury. Aiken had 2 so-so catches and dropped 2 that hit him in the hands. Cut him.

better days
08-31-2012, 04:01 PM
Am I the only one who is not all nuts over the kick off return? I was more impressed with the 2 point conversion.

Regardless, this guy had one good pre-season game last year and one this year. He has spent two years in the NFL on IR. He would make it through waivers to the PS.

The legend of Marcus Easley continues to grow.

Well, he has spent two years on IR for issues that will have no effect on his future. As I have said before, he has SIZE & SPEED. He has flashed his potential the little chance he has been given. Why cut a guy that could be GREAT to keep someone that will be average at best? NO he will not make it through waivers, some team will claim him if he is cut.