• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Pats cut back-up QB Hoyer

That's intel. Guarantee a divisional team picks him up.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• SquishDaFish
    Lets GO BUFFALO!!
    • Jun 2005

Re: Pats cut back-up QB Hoyer

And Branch

Comment

• The King
      Without me it's just Awe so
      • Jun 2004

I suppose the same could be said about Branch but I bet the Dolphins go ball deep after him.
      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
      It was all
      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
      He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
      mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• GingerP
        • Aug 2012

Branch sounds like the kind of vet who could be brought back after the first game, when contract not guaranteed.

Hoyer must have lost he backup job to Mallett, and they didn't want to pay a 3rd stringer $2M. Would think he will draw interest as a backup somewhere, although I think the division teams are pretty set. The intel thing is overrated.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
          • Mar 2004

I'm sure they wiped Hoyer's memory clean before releasing him.

Comment

• more cowbell
            • Apr 2006

Would love to have him as the third QB and as the scout team QB for the Pats games...but wait, we have Big Bad Brad Smith.
            The last time the Bills made the playoffs was 1999.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
              Skoobasaurus-Rex
              • Oct 2011

Hopefully the Pats pick up Vince Young, he'd be able to tell them everything he thinks he knows (Bills>).

Comment

Working...
              X