PDA

View Full Version : I just lost a lot of faith in Gailey

OpIv37
09-01-2012, 08:38 AM
Keeping 4 WR's because Brad Smith counts?

Only 3 healthy DT's in a 4-3? That's not even enough for an adequate rotation, and we are completely ****ed by one injury.

DT and WR are suffering for K and backup QB. This just defies all logic.

Skooby
09-01-2012, 08:49 AM
Nix goes to sleep by midnight, so I'd wait & see how things shakeout before I fall on my sword.

JoeMama
09-01-2012, 08:49 AM

Only 3 healthy DT's in a 4-3? That's not even enough for an adequate rotation, and we are completely ****ed by one injury.

With all the spread formations we typically run, our 53 roster is borderline madness.

The only silver lining I can pinpoint is that we kept three tight ends.

Could this signal that we're attempting to emulate the Patriots offense with its epic two TE sets (albeit with a substantial drop in talent)?

I like Scott Chandler but he's not a yardage guy, just a lanky red zone option. Lee Smith and Dorin Dickerson are "who the hell knows" kind of players right now.

DraftBoy
09-01-2012, 08:58 AM
You're going to see A LOT of Spiller, Chandler, and Dickerson in the slot apparently.

Meathead
09-01-2012, 09:17 AM
freddie, spiller, smith, and dickerson run wr routes as well as a reciever, at least a wr5. that gives them eight receivers on the team, plenty enough to get the job done. choice is now fully comfortable with the offense and is a good backup that can spell the two guys above him quite adequately. once thigpen gets cut after week one/two they can then add one of the wrs back if they want to as i doubt many teams are going to be clamoring for the services of martin, aiken, roosevelt, clowney, or easley

MidnightVoice
09-01-2012, 09:19 AM
I think that things change as soon as either Smith gets over his groin and Jackson gets the playbook sorted. Then we lose a QB and get to 3, and presumably pick up a WR

Dr. Lecter
09-01-2012, 09:21 AM
1. The roster is not set.
2. They have more than 3 DTs. You know that Johnson plays inside.
3. There is not a rule in the NFL that only WRs can split out.
4. This roster is not set.
5. Since many of the depth guys are inactive on game day, sticking some on the practice squad works too.
6. The roster is not set

OpIv37
09-01-2012, 09:25 AM
The roster is not set? What does that mean? We are going to sign other team's trash? Yeah, that strategy has worked so well for us....

The teams official roster only lists 3 DT's so don't put that on me.

We are thin at RB and TE too, which are the other positions that split out. 2 injuries between TE, WR, and RB, and this O goes from mediocre to inept.

Meathead
09-01-2012, 09:31 AM
ok op, get in your car, drive up the 83, take the 322/22 west, 99 north, 80 west, 79 north, 90 east, 190 north, over the grand island bridge, right onto niagara falls blvd, pull into wendys parking lot, get out and stand next to your car facing south, so i can drive by and slap you

Dr. Lecter
09-01-2012, 09:32 AM
The roster is not set? What does that mean? We are going to sign other team's trash? Yeah, that strategy has worked so well for us....

The teams official roster only lists 3 DT's so don't put that on me.

We are thin at RB and TE too, which are the other positions that split out. 2 injuries between TE, WR, and RB, and this O goes from mediocre to inept.

No it is not. For one, there will probably be a guy on IR and receiver coming back or being brought in. And yeah - they will find another teams or their own final cut and bring the guy in as depth. That is what NFL teams do.

So you we aware that Johnson plays DT? Really? Come on. You are smarter than that. You glanced at the roster, got ready to *****, and never thought about the guy playing two positions. You can admit to making a mistake, Opacus.

How are they thin at RB? Is Choice really a bad #3 RB? What do you expect at #3 RB? They have two legit starting RBs as it is.

#3 RB on a NFL roster is usually a fringe player. That is what they have.

The positions you are *****ing about are far from their biggest problems.

I would also add, that we all knew that depth was a problem. That is what happens to teams that giving their roster a complete overhaul. The depth is what takes years to develop, if ever. Especially with free agency floating around, it is the last thing that gets developed.

mayotm
09-01-2012, 09:36 AM
The 5th WR and 4th (or 5th if you include Johnson) DT being *****ed about wouldn't likely even be one of the 46 actives on game day.

OpIv37
09-01-2012, 09:37 AM
Ther positions I am *****ing about are the ones where they had players and made questionable cuts.

And even if Spencer plays DT that's 4. One injury and we don't have a full rotation. And if Johnson's a DT, then we only have 4 DE's, so again we are one injury from not having a full rotation. Pick your poison.

Dr. Lecter
09-01-2012, 09:41 AM
How many D lineman should have they kept? Keeping 8 in a 4-3 is fairly common.

What questionable cut did they make at RB?

I am more worried about the starting LBs than these positions.

OpIv37
09-01-2012, 09:58 AM
Well if we didn't keep two kickers and if they had a better answer for the QB situation than Brad Smith, they would have had two more roster spots to play with. I just don't see how this team is going to have enough bodies at DL or WR or RB, to say nothing of talent beyond the starters.

Once the annual injury bug hits, things will get real ugly real fast. This team actually has a shot this year, but with the depth on this roster, Gailey has set it up where we are depending on luck for that to happen. An we all know about luck and Buffalo sports.

Skooby
09-01-2012, 09:58 AM
ok op, get in your car, drive up the 83, take the 322/22 west, 99 north, 80 west, 79 north, 90 east, 190 north, over the grand island bridge, right onto niagara falls blvd, pull into wendys parking lot, get out and stand next to your car facing south, so i can drive by and slap you

I'm there now, can you ask your Mom to come out please ?

OpIv37
09-01-2012, 10:10 AM

Don't shoot the messenger. Gailey, Nix and company are the ones who ****ed this up, not me. If you want to slap the person responsible, hop the 190 South then 90 west then take 219 towards the stadium and go slap them.

Skooby
09-01-2012, 10:15 AM
If you want to slap the person responsible.....

Go to Ralph's Detroit hospital suite.

Dr. Lecter
09-01-2012, 10:15 AM
Well if we didn't keep two kickers and if they had a better answer for the QB situation than Brad Smith, they would have had two more roster spots to play with. I just don't see how this team is going to have enough bodies at DL or WR or RB, to say nothing of talent beyond the starters.

Once the annual injury bug hits, things will get real ugly real fast. This team actually has a shot this year, but with the depth on this roster, Gailey has set it up where we are depending on luck for that to happen. An we all know about luck and Buffalo sports.
How many teams have more than 8 DL or more than 3 RBs?

You are avoiding all the questions asked.

And you are assuming the will have injuries and know what positions they will be at.

OpIv37
09-01-2012, 10:18 AM
How many teams have more than 8 DL or more than 3 RBs?

You are avoiding all the questions asked.

And you are assuming the will have injuries and know what positions they will be at.

I don't know what other teams have. And what other teams have/ don't have doesnt change the fact that we don't have enough.

And have you been watching this team this decade? Injuries are a pretty safe assumption.

Albany,n.y.
09-01-2012, 10:19 AM
Tell me one guy who was cut that in 2 years will be doing anything significant in the NFL. Just because there's some depth problem doesn't mean you keep extra players at a position & dump out another position where the guy kept has a future.
One big difference between being management & a fan is that management has to make sure they don't cut a guy with a future. You can be happy looking at just this week's roster, Chan & Buddy don't have that luxury. If they cut the wrong players, they're in the stands or home watching on tv in a year or two. You're already in the stands or watching at home, your opinion is risk free, theirs isn't.

SpillerThrills
09-01-2012, 10:28 AM
I don't know what other teams have. And what other teams have/ don't have doesnt change the fact that we don't have enough.

And have you been watching this team this decade? Injuries are a pretty safe assumption.

how do you know we don't have enough??? just because 1 fan said so???

Are teams that only keep 2 QB's screwed?? because there are a lot of teams that do that...

Look at what happened to us last year when Lindell went down, do you want us picking up some kicker off the street again or would you rather get his replacement ready now so that way in a year or so they can cut Lindell???

I would normally tell someone to step away from the edge, but in your case, please keep walking all the way to the bottom.

OpIv37
09-01-2012, 10:40 AM
Tell me one guy who was cut that in 2 years will be doing anything significant in the NFL. Just because there's some depth problem doesn't mean you keep extra players at a position & dump out another position where the guy kept has a future.
One big difference between being management & a fan is that management has to make sure they don't cut a guy with a future. You can be happy looking at just this week's roster, Chan & Buddy don't have that luxury. If they cut the wrong players, they're in the stands or home watching on tv in a year or two. You're already in the stands or watching at home, your opinion is risk free, theirs isn't.

You really think Brad Smith has a future? Please.

And another thing- this team has been building for the future for 12 ****ing years. When will that future ever arrive?

OpIv37
09-01-2012, 10:42 AM
how do you know we don't have enough??? just because 1 fan said so???

Are teams that only keep 2 QB's screwed?? because there are a lot of teams that do that...

Look at what happened to us last year when Lindell went down, do you want us picking up some kicker off the street again or would you rather get his replacement ready now so that way in a year or so they can cut Lindell???

I would normally tell someone to step away from the edge, but in your case, please keep walking all the way to the bottom.
I'd rather let Potter practice FG's in preseason and see what he has rather than just assuming he can't do it just because the replacement kicker last year couldn't.

That's what a smarter team would have done.

nolimit
09-01-2012, 10:43 AM
i love the idea of dickerson...i think he is a hybrid like a chris cooley....should be interesting....we are going to see alot of spiller split wide....his speed kills and he will be utilized. relax folks....if there is one thing im not worried about...it is Gaileys offense

mikemac2001
09-01-2012, 10:47 AM
I'd rather let Potter practice FG's in preseason and see what he has rather than just assuming he can't do it just because the replacement kicker last year couldn't.

That's what a smarter team would have done.

hes not on the roster to kick fg's

he on the roster to make sure teams go 80 yds for td's

i see no issue with the cuts spiller is a RB/WR we can flex out freddie and chandler spiller and dickerson

Spencer is a DT so we have 4 he played a 4-3 DT in Minnesota

BillsOwnAll
09-01-2012, 11:04 AM
We are thin at RB and TE too, which are the other positions that split out. 2 injuries between TE, WR, and RB, and this O goes from mediocre to inept.how are we thin at RB? Jackson and spiller and choice.....two #1s and solid #2. What the hell do you want. You can have 5 backups at every postion.

Generalissimus Gibby
09-01-2012, 11:06 AM
With all the spread formations we typically run, our 53 roster is borderline madness.

The only silver lining I can pinpoint is that we kept three tight ends.

Could this signal that we're attempting to emulate the Patriots offense with its epic two TE sets (albeit with a substantial drop in talent)?

I like Scott Chandler but he's not a yardage guy, just a lanky red zone option. Lee Smith and Dorin Dickerson are "who the hell knows" kind of players right now.

What if those spread formations were to lull teams away from prepping against what we have the talent to really be deadly at, namely a smashmouth ground attack team.

OpIv37
09-01-2012, 11:06 AM
hes not on the roster to kick fg's

he on the roster to make sure teams go 80 yds for td's

i see no issue with the cuts spiller is a RB/WR we can flex out freddie and chandler spiller and dickerson

Spencer is a DT so we have 4 he played a 4-3 DT in Minnesota
Read the thread- Spencer situation already addressed.

And better teams can find 1 kicker to kick FG's and make teams go 80 yards. Wow, what a novel concept.

OpIv37
09-01-2012, 11:09 AM
how are we thin at RB? Jackson and spiller and choice.....two #1s and solid #2. What the hell do you want. You can have 5 backups at every postion.

Choice is NOT a solid #2. He's great in the 3rd quarter of preseason games against scrubs but sucks against real NfL defenders. One injury to Spiller or Jackson, and Choice gets significant playing time while being backed up by a street FA.

That's thin.

Seriously, does ANYONE remember what happened when Jackson went down last year?

mayotm
09-01-2012, 11:13 AM
Gosh Op, I would have thought you would be less pissy today with Notre Dame dominating the Coast Guard.

BillsOwnAll
09-01-2012, 11:16 AM
Choice is NOT a solid #2. He's great in the 3rd quarter of preseason games against scrubs but sucks against real NfL defenders. One injury to Spiller or Jackson, and Choice gets significant playing time while being backed up by a street FA.

That's thin.

So is white a more viable option? I dont understand how you want us to somehow have 4 #1 RBs on the roster. EVERYY TEAM IS THIN IF THEY OSE THERE TOP TWO RBS. I promise.

OpIv37
09-01-2012, 11:28 AM
So is white a more viable option? I dont understand how you want us to somehow have 4 #1 RBs on the roster. EVERYY TEAM IS THIN IF THEY OSE THERE TOP TWO RBS. I promise.

We are thin if we lose ONE of our top two RB's. We don't have to lose both. Again, see last season. How about keeping White instead of two kickers, or finding someone better than Choice? RB isn't franchise QB or elite pass-rusher. There are enough to go around that we shouldn't have to settle for Choice.

- - - Updated - - -

Gosh Op, I would have thought you would be less pissy today with Notre Dame dominating the Coast Guard.

I forgot to check the roster last night and made the mistake of checking it during an early commercial break.

HAMMER
09-01-2012, 11:29 AM
Waaaaaah. I think I'all trust the guys with 50 years of experience and not the Know-it-All armchair GM.

better days
09-01-2012, 11:31 AM

That's thin.

The reality is Spiller is a GREAT #2 & Choice is a good #3 RB. The Bills have one of the best RB tandems in the NFL I remember what happened when Fred went down last year, Spiller stepped up. And Spiller will be all the better this year from the experience of last year.

better days
09-01-2012, 11:33 AM
i love the idea of dickerson...i think he is a hybrid like a chris cooley....should be interesting....we are going to see alot of spiller split wide....his speed kills and he will be utilized. relax folks....if there is one thing im not worried about...it is Gaileys offense

All offseason, the Jets have said they are keeping things secret with their offense. Maybe Chan & the Bills have done the same. We will find out SOON.

BertSquirtgum
09-01-2012, 11:40 AM

Urbik was a great signing. I wanted the Bills to draft him.

OpIv37
09-01-2012, 11:56 AM
Waaaaaah. I think I'all trust the guys with 50 years of experience and not the Know-it-All armchair GM.
Lmao.

Success dictates competence, not title. There have been PLENTY of times where posters on this board were right and the guys with "experience" were dead wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

The reality is Spiller is a GREAT #2 & Choice is a good #3 RB. The Bills have one of the best RB tandems in the NFL I remember what happened when Fred went down last year, Spiller stepped up. And Spiller will be all the better this year from the experience of last year.

Really? Then how did the O suffer so bad when Jackson went down last year. History and reality don't match up with your assessment, and Spiller improving is an assumption.

OpIv37
09-01-2012, 12:05 PM
Look, the original post was a bit of a reaction so let me explain myself better:

I don't like the backup situation on the DL- we only have 3 DTs, or 4 DE's and 4 DTs depending on where you put Spencer Johnson, but either position is one injury away from not having a full rotation. I don't like Choice as the 3rd RB. I don't like having only 4 WR's.

Now, I know every team has to make tough choices. I know there is no perfect solution that would alleviate all these problems. But I think we could have done a better job, particularly if we didn't keep two ****ing place kickers and Brad Smith.

mjt328
09-01-2012, 12:16 PM
I don't agree with everything this coaching staff/front office does, but....

You don't think we kept enough RBs, WRs, TEs, DLs

You do understand that we can't have more than 53 players, right?

better days
09-01-2012, 12:19 PM
Lmao.

Success dictates competence, not title. There have been PLENTY of times where posters on this board were right and the guys with "experience" were dead wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Really? Then how did the O suffer so bad when Jackson went down last year. History and reality don't match up with your assessment, and Spiller improving is an assumption. Look at Spillers stats from last year vs the year before. History does match up with my assessment. Fred was not the only injury last year.

Well, 99% of your posts are assumptions. You assume the Bills will suck because they have for a long time, a logical assumption & hard to argue with. However I think you will see by the end of this season the Bills have finally turned the corner.

MikeInRoch
09-01-2012, 12:25 PM
My favorite assumption is "because we've had injury trouble in the past, we will continue to do so." Complete illogical bull.

ServoBillieves
09-01-2012, 12:27 PM
I forgot to check the roster last night and made the mistake of checking it during an early commercial break.

I really have to say post of the year nominee.

I agree with Op on one thing, why didn't they see what Potter could do in the preseason FG wise? They're similar cold-weather kickers but Potter has a beastly leg. Is he not that good with field goals? Oh wait, we don't know, because he wasn't given the chance.

As for depth, it's pretty early to worry about it. It's asinine to keep 4 QB's, and the 2 K's is more of a defense. Until Thigpen gets cut, we're hurting depth wise.

DraftBoy
09-01-2012, 12:38 PM
I will say this, Gailey is certainly staking a lot on this roster. We used the most multiple WR sets last year and while I expect to see a lot of Spiller/Dickerson/Chandler lined up, only keeping 5 is a bit of a risk.

We'll see what happens.

MikeInRoch
09-01-2012, 12:41 PM
Is he not that good with field goals? Oh wait, we don't know, because he wasn't given the chance.

I'm sure he probably never attempted a field goal during camp or during any practice at all.

Cali512
09-01-2012, 12:42 PM
Wait, Dareus, Williams, Johnson, Carrington.
Thats 4

Cali512
09-01-2012, 12:46 PM
We are thin if we lose ONE of our top two RB's. We don't have to lose both. Again, see last season. How about keeping White instead of two kickers, or finding someone better than Choice? RB isn't franchise QB or elite pass-rusher. There are enough to go around that we shouldn't have to settle for Choice.

- - - Updated - - -

Ask dallas fans about choice. I live in texas and he was a player they wanted to keep

ServoBillieves
09-01-2012, 12:48 PM
I'm sure he probably never attempted a field goal during camp or during any practice at all.

Against opposition I didn't see any. And yeah I guess you're right, he wouldn't have attempted any at all during camp or practice.

YardRat
09-01-2012, 12:52 PM
I'm expecting a WR to be back in the fold before gameday.

I also am a little surprised we only kept 8 d-linemen...I did expect nine.

Everything else was pretty cut and dried, from a roster standpoint.

YardRat
09-01-2012, 12:55 PM
Brooks will probably be IR'd, which will open up a spot for a WR or Dline. Once the QB situation works itself out, one can go in favor of WR or DL, whichever one we didn't fill previously.

Then everybody can be gloriously happy.

MikeInRoch
09-01-2012, 01:06 PM
Against opposition I didn't see any. And yeah I guess you're right, he wouldn't have attempted any at all during camp or practice.

Well, because you didn't see any, it clearly didn't happen.

jamze132
09-01-2012, 01:10 PM
I can see exactly where Op is going with this and I don't disagree. I for am not sure what we're doing with Brad Smith. He's like a jack of all trades, master of none.

If god forbid, either of the Williams or if Dareus goes down, our strongest asset suddenly becomes marginal which will put more pressure on our offense, and we know how that usually goes. I wish we would have kept another DT.

I am happy with us keeping Potter. Having the opponent start at the 20 EVERY time is going to help our defense and help prevent injuries. Nothing but a plus.

But Brad Smith? I've seen enough.

Skooby
09-01-2012, 01:11 PM
Brad Smith has pictures.

OpIv37
09-01-2012, 01:23 PM
I don't agree with everything this coaching staff/front office does, but....

You don't think we kept enough RBs, WRs, TEs, DLs

You do understand that we can't have more than 53 players, right?
Did you even read my last post? Yes, I realize it. That doesn't mean we picked the right 53. The situation could have and should have been handled better.

ParanoidAndroid
09-01-2012, 01:25 PM
I don't think Choice is as bad as you let on.

The cut I'm most disappointed in was Roosevelt. He was a sentimental favorite. It was tough but Graham basically does the same types of things and has more upside, so I understand the cut.

OpIv37
09-01-2012, 01:25 PM
My favorite assumption is "because we've had injury trouble in the past, we will continue to do so." Complete illogical bull.

Well it's illogical and extremely unlikely that any team would have as many injuries as we have. Why would you expect that to suddenly stop? No ones figured out a reason for it or done anything to combat it.

YardRat
09-01-2012, 01:27 PM
Did you even read my last post? Yes, I realize it. That doesn't mean we picked the right 53. The situation could have and should have been handled better.

The 'situation' is a work in progress...it hasn't even been 24 hours since the cut deadline.

Revisit this Sunday morning on the 9th, and see if there have been any maneuvering between now and then.

ParanoidAndroid
09-01-2012, 01:28 PM
Also, I think 4 DT's is enough. Johnson should be listed as a DT since that is what he has played all preseason.

MikeInRoch
09-01-2012, 01:42 PM
Well it's illogical and extremely unlikely that any team would have as many injuries as we have. Why would you expect that to suddenly stop? No ones figured out a reason for it or done anything to combat it.

Because there is zero evidence to support the notion that it was anything except bad luck. Bad luck is not illogical, it's just unlucky.

Extremebillsfan247
09-01-2012, 01:58 PM

Don't forget though, the Bills also have Fred Jackson and CJ Spiller who can both play in the slot. Maybe, it's part of the scheme to get them both on the field at the same time. With 1 of them always lining up in the slot, you never know whether they are running or throwing. It really opens up options for Fitzpatrick with audibles against blitzes and defensive alignments etc. It's a thinking mans offense which will work towards a strength of Fitzpatrick's game. JMO

chernobylwraiths
09-01-2012, 02:20 PM

"just"?

I call BS on that.

Meathead
09-01-2012, 02:54 PM

That's thin.

1). hes not a #2 hes a #3
c). he admittedly struggled last season but both he and chan have linked that to his unfamiliarity with the players and their specific scheme. hes looked a ton better this preseason, leading me to believe those two are right on their assessment

time will tell if thats correct but right now im pretty happy with him as the hb3

PTI
09-01-2012, 02:58 PM
No it is not. For one, there will probably be a guy on IR and receiver coming back or being brought in. And yeah - they will find another teams or their own final cut and bring the guy in as depth. That is what NFL teams do.

So you we aware that Johnson plays DT? Really? Come on. You are smarter than that. You glanced at the roster, got ready to *****, and never thought about the guy playing two positions. You can admit to making a mistake, Opacus.

How are they thin at RB? Is Choice really a bad #3 RB? What do you expect at #3 RB? They have two legit starting RBs as it is.

#3 RB on a NFL roster is usually a fringe player. That is what they have.

The positions you are *****ing about are far from their biggest problems.

I would also add, that we all knew that depth was a problem. That is what happens to teams that giving their roster a complete overhaul. The depth is what takes years to develop, if ever. Especially with free agency floating around, it is the last thing that gets developed.

Tell that to Demarco Murray and a number of guys who have stepped up after being #3. It may be insignificant to the Bills though, they never really even tried to get better. #3 RB is an important spot to me. Fred Jackson was #3 RB 2 years ago. You, are incorrect.

MikeInRoch
09-01-2012, 04:34 PM
#3 RB is MUCH much less significant than starters or first line backups.

Night Train
09-01-2012, 06:51 PM
I didn't have any issues with the cuts. A CB will probably be added this week, after the Brooks surgery.

Potter & Dickerson were good keeps. They add something.

WR's are a dime a dozen and all those cut ( all all positions) didn't earn anything. Easy to find a WR, if an injury pops up.

May still see a few moves this week and I'm focused on beating the overrated Jets.

Choice is far better than Johnny White. Can run and catch.

Turf
09-02-2012, 09:10 AM
We have Brad Smith - he fills every void on paper. WR, but not good enough. QB - but he really isn't, and KO returner, which he can't do. Someone needs to explain that to me. So we have how many true receivers, 3.5 QBs, 2 Kickers. Spiller should be returning KO's. I also don't understand that. I'm less concerned about the D-Line.

swiper
09-02-2012, 09:13 AM

Last year at this time there was a lot of talk about CJ Spiller playing some WR. When FJax got hurt and Spiller came in and played well this talk faded away. But I think that Gailey still wants to get both players on the field at the same time. So you're more likely to see CJ Spiller than Smith.

YardRat
09-02-2012, 09:32 AM
Last year at this time there was a lot of talk about CJ Spiller playing some WR. When FJax got hurt and Spiller came in and played well this talk faded away. But I think that Gailey still wants to get both players on the field at the same time. So you're more likely to see CJ Spiller than Smith.

And yet through the 9-1/2 games that FJ was healthy, Spiller had a whopping 15 receptions. The talk may have been there early, but even when the advantage was available it wasn't followed up by action.

TigerJ
09-02-2012, 03:47 PM
Four QBs is a temporary situation, perhaps through three games. One of the WRs who presumably will be on the PS will get activated if anyone gets hurt. As has been mentioned, Spiller and Dickerson can both line up outside and be comfortable doing it. Whether Spencer Johnson is listed as a DE or DT, he can and will play a fair amount of DT IMO. That gives Buffalo four healthy DTs. K. Williams, Marcel Dareus, Alex Carrington, and Spencer Johnson. Plus, I think it is likely Buffalo is going to put Jarron Gilbert on the PS. He's like Johnson in that he can play inside or outside. That would give Buffalo a fifth possible DT who would be available with no longer than a one week notice. If someone gets hurt, Gilbert will be on the active roster the following Sunday.

Syderick
09-02-2012, 04:29 PM
They'll be signing a few players back to practice squad . The Bills are content with what they have on their roster. You just have to wait and see how the season plays out.

swiper
09-02-2012, 04:33 PM
And yet through the 9-1/2 games that FJ was healthy, Spiller had a whopping 15 receptions. The talk may have been there early, but even when the advantage was available it wasn't followed up by action.

Very true. But it may come around again judging by them keeping 4 RBs and 4 WRs.

justasportsfan
09-02-2012, 04:50 PM
lol.OP is worried about whats on paper all of a sudden?

I don't care if we have 1 wr on the depth chart. I will only lose faith in Gailey based on what happens on the field. The redskins for years had an all pro line-up and couldn't do anything.

PromoTheRobot
09-02-2012, 05:59 PM

DT and WR are suffering for K and backup QB. This just defies all logic.'

Hilarious. When, exactly, did you ever have faith in anyone on the Bills? How much lower can you go from 0%.

PTR

Skooby
09-02-2012, 06:04 PM
'

Hilarious. When, exactly, did you ever have faith in anyone on the Bills? How much lower can you go from 0%.

PTR

0 is a January dinner served by OBD the past 12 years, pray for change.

PromoTheRobot
09-02-2012, 07:39 PM
0 is a January dinner served by OBD the past 12 years, pray for change.

Yeah yeah yeah...BillsZone, home of the Bills fan. I only come here for the laughs.

PTR

OpIv37
09-02-2012, 10:42 PM
'

PTR

Yup go ahead and talk ****. Don't even bother with a legit response to the issue at hand. Your limited mental capacity can't handle it anyway.

PromoTheRobot
09-02-2012, 11:03 PM
Yup go ahead and talk ****. Don't even bother with a legit response to the issue at hand. Your limited mental capacity can't handle it anyway.

You aren't worth a "legit" response. You have one club in your bag.

PTR

Skooby
09-02-2012, 11:22 PM
Yeah yeah yeah...BillsZone, home of the Bills fan. I only come here for the laughs.

PTR

There's nothing really funny about our recent long-term failures, so if laughter is your self-defense mechanism for getting through it then good for you. I'm actually a believer that this year could be a good one because we play such lousy teams & 2 teams in our division that have had our number recently look to have problems on their own.

Imagine if we swept the Dolphins / Jets last season, would 10-6 not be our record? Think this year's schedule is much easier than lasts?? We even beat 2 teams that made AFC divisional finals & the Superbowl last season, no reason to think we can't be competive in the conference.

There is no reason to annoint the Bills anything but what the past 12 years has served us, so how we all deal with the pain of it is our choice. Laugh all you want but we've sucked, so the joke's been on us watching as fans.

OpIv37
09-03-2012, 12:16 AM
You aren't worth a "legit" response. You have one club in your bag.

PTR

Yup, blame it on me. Clearly, I'm the reason for 12 years of epic failure by this team.

TedMock
09-03-2012, 07:52 AM
The four DT's seems to be in line with most of the league rosters. I just checked a bunch of depth charts and 4 is a standard interior DL number. There are some with 5 though.

The WR thing is interesting. Like DB mentioned, I think this means more Spiller in the slot as well as Dickerson. We have not really used and H-back, but they obviously are considering that weapon. Chandler in the slot more too.

The most curious thing to me is 6 OLB's and 1 ILB. I realize that Barnett, Moats, etc could be moved inside in a pinch, but it just stands out when looking at the depth chart. A lot of faith being placed in Shep.

User Manuel
09-03-2012, 07:53 AM
I'll shoot the messenger. There was a time, not too long ago, that NFL lineman took every snap, I suspect you will see a bit less rotation than before as the talent on the line has been upgraded. As forbWR, Hagan, is Branch, is Aiken, etc.... We can get a WR active or pick one up any day. It's not like we cut a Wes Welker to keep Potter. Also, has it occurred to you that we may just be holding onto Thigpen until we are comfortable with Jackson's grasp of the offense?

You are like a Fox News anchor, always trying to make something from nothing.

YardRat
09-03-2012, 07:59 AM
The most curious thing to me is 6 OLB's and 1 ILB. I realize that Barnett, Moats, etc could be moved inside in a pinch, but it just stands out when looking at the depth chart. A lot of faith being placed in Shep.

Supposedly Barnett will be moving 'inside' in nickel and dime packages initially, and Morrison probably saved his roster spot the last couple of weeks by putting in time and producing there. If he hadn't stepped up McKillop or even Carder may still have a spot on the team.

Skooby
09-03-2012, 08:13 AM
Carder may still have a spot on the team.

Not if the Browns have anything to say about it.

TedMock
09-03-2012, 08:30 AM
Supposedly Barnett will be moving 'inside' in nickel and dime packages initially, and Morrison probably saved his roster spot the last couple of weeks by putting in time and producing there. If he hadn't stepped up McKillop or even Carder may still have a spot on the team.

Absolutely. Forgot to include Morrison. I would actually expect him to be first off the bench should Shep go down long-term.

OpIv37
09-10-2012, 12:49 PM
Hmmm....

One game in, Jackson is already out for 4 weeks, giving playing time to Choice, who is now the 2nd string running back with no one behind him. And David Nelson is done for the year, so even when we activate TJ Graham, there are still only 4 WR's on the roster.

But hey, it's Op *****ing just to *****, right? We really need those 2 kickers and Brad Smith right?

PTI
09-10-2012, 02:39 PM
Hmmm....

One game in, Jackson is already out for 4 weeks, giving playing time to Choice, who is now the 2nd string running back with no one behind him. And David Nelson is done for the year, so even when we activate TJ Graham, there are still only 4 WR's on the roster.

But hey, it's Op *****ing just to *****, right? We really need those 2 kickers and Brad Smith right?

If Brad Smith could kick off he would be awesome!!!!!!!!!!

Guess Smith is #3 RB now too.