• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

I just lost a lot of faith in Gailey

Keeping 4 WR's because Brad Smith counts?

Only 3 healthy DT's in a 4-3? That's not even enough for an adequate rotation, and we are completely ****ed by one injury.

DT and WR are suffering for K and backup QB. This just defies all logic.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • MitchMurrayDowntown
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

Re: I just lost a lot of faith in Gailey

Nix goes to sleep by midnight, so I'd wait & see how things shakeout before I fall on my sword.

Comment

• JoeMama
      Emotion Sickness
      • Oct 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
      Keeping 4 WR's because Brad Smith counts?

Only 3 healthy DT's in a 4-3? That's not even enough for an adequate rotation, and we are completely ****ed by one injury.

DT and WR are suffering for K and backup QB. This just defies all logic.
      With all the spread formations we typically run, our 53 roster is borderline madness.

The only silver lining I can pinpoint is that we kept three tight ends.

Could this signal that we're attempting to emulate the Patriots offense with its epic two TE sets (albeit with a substantial drop in talent)?

I like Scott Chandler but he's not a yardage guy, just a lanky red zone option. Lee Smith and Dorin Dickerson are "who the hell knows" kind of players right now.
      Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

You're going to see A LOT of Spiller, Chandler, and Dickerson in the slot apparently.
        COMING SOON...
        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Meathead
          Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
          • Jul 2002

freddie, spiller, smith, and dickerson run wr routes as well as a reciever, at least a wr5. that gives them eight receivers on the team, plenty enough to get the job done. choice is now fully comfortable with the offense and is a good backup that can spell the two guys above him quite adequately. once thigpen gets cut after week one/two they can then add one of the wrs back if they want to as i doubt many teams are going to be clamoring for the services of martin, aiken, roosevelt, clowney, or easley
          One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• MidnightVoice
            Retired (mostly)
            • Mar 2003

I think that things change as soon as either Smith gets over his groin and Jackson gets the playbook sorted. Then we lose a QB and get to 3, and presumably pick up a WR

But to play
            that’s the thing
            shut up and deal
            ~ Jesse May

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
              Zero for Zero!
              • Mar 2003

1. The roster is not set.
              2. They have more than 3 DTs. You know that Johnson plays inside.
              3. There is not a rule in the NFL that only WRs can split out.
              4. This roster is not set.
              5. Since many of the depth guys are inactive on game day, sticking some on the practice squad works too.
              6. The roster is not set
              Originally posted by mysticsoto
              Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

The roster is not set? What does that mean? We are going to sign other team's trash? Yeah, that strategy has worked so well for us....

The teams official roster only lists 3 DT's so don't put that on me.

We are thin at RB and TE too, which are the other positions that split out. 2 injuries between TE, WR, and RB, and this O goes from mediocre to inept.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Meathead
                  Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                  • Jul 2002

ok op, get in your car, drive up the 83, take the 322/22 west, 99 north, 80 west, 79 north, 90 east, 190 north, over the grand island bridge, right onto niagara falls blvd, pull into wendys parking lot, get out and stand next to your car facing south, so i can drive by and slap you
                  One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                    Zero for Zero!
                    • Mar 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                    The roster is not set? What does that mean? We are going to sign other team's trash? Yeah, that strategy has worked so well for us....

The teams official roster only lists 3 DT's so don't put that on me.

We are thin at RB and TE too, which are the other positions that split out. 2 injuries between TE, WR, and RB, and this O goes from mediocre to inept.
                    No it is not. For one, there will probably be a guy on IR and receiver coming back or being brought in. And yeah - they will find another teams or their own final cut and bring the guy in as depth. That is what NFL teams do.

So you we aware that Johnson plays DT? Really? Come on. You are smarter than that. You glanced at the roster, got ready to *****, and never thought about the guy playing two positions. You can admit to making a mistake, Opacus.

How are they thin at RB? Is Choice really a bad #3 RB? What do you expect at #3 RB? They have two legit starting RBs as it is.

#3 RB on a NFL roster is usually a fringe player. That is what they have.

The positions you are *****ing about are far from their biggest problems.

I would also add, that we all knew that depth was a problem. That is what happens to teams that giving their roster a complete overhaul. The depth is what takes years to develop, if ever. Especially with free agency floating around, it is the last thing that gets developed.

Comment

• mayotm
                      • Jul 2003

The 5th WR and 4th (or 5th if you include Johnson) DT being *****ed about wouldn't likely even be one of the 46 actives on game day.

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

Ther positions I am *****ing about are the ones where they had players and made questionable cuts.

And even if Spencer plays DT that's 4. One injury and we don't have a full rotation. And if Johnson's a DT, then we only have 4 DE's, so again we are one injury from not having a full rotation. Pick your poison.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                          Zero for Zero!
                          • Mar 2003

How many D lineman should have they kept? Keeping 8 in a 4-3 is fairly common.

What questionable cut did they make at RB?

I am more worried about the starting LBs than these positions.

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Well if we didn't keep two kickers and if they had a better answer for the QB situation than Brad Smith, they would have had two more roster spots to play with. I just don't see how this team is going to have enough bodies at DL or WR or RB, to say nothing of talent beyond the starters.

Once the annual injury bug hits, things will get real ugly real fast. This team actually has a shot this year, but with the depth on this roster, Gailey has set it up where we are depending on luck for that to happen. An we all know about luck and Buffalo sports.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                              Skoobasaurus-Rex
                              • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Meathead View Post
                              ok op, get in your car, drive up the 83, take the 322/22 west, 99 north, 80 west, 79 north, 90 east, 190 north, over the grand island bridge, right onto niagara falls blvd, pull into wendys parking lot, get out and stand next to your car facing south, so i can drive by and slap you
                              I'm there now, can you ask your Mom to come out please ?

Comment

Working...
                              X