PDA

View Full Version : BillsZone Home Opener Tailgate 2012

Michael82
09-01-2012, 11:07 AM
http://www.fites.net/pride/billszone/bztailgate/images/tailgatelogo.gif

Due to all the rule changes, we have decided to move out of the official lots. The BillsZone crew and Phil have been tailgating in Hammer's Lot for all of last season and liked the new location and the cheaper price. It's only $20 vs $25 cash for the official lots. So, without further adieu, Here's our new location....

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t138/Mikey82_photos/HammersLotMap.jpg

BILLSZONE TAILGATE RULES
• B.Y.O.B. - Bring your own beer
• If you plan on eating, please bring food to contribute.
• Please be courteous of fellow tailgaters.
• Kids may be in proximity, please watch language and subject matter

PARKING RATES
All Cars and Trucks - $20.00

TAILGATING
Tailgating is permitted at all stadium parking lots. Stadium lots open four hours before the game and close approximately two hours following the game. However, due to us parking in a private lot, we can get there as early as 7:00am and start tailgating! We are also allowed to tailgate after the game and don't need to leave after 2 hours, like the official lots.

One thing to keep in mind. Due to this now being the new official lot of Kenny the pinto guy and also the home of the Two Bills Drive home opener tailgate, the lot will fill up very quickly. So please make sure to come early. Phil and I will both do our part to save some spaces for the regulars, but we can't guarantee anything if you arrive after 9am.

Michael82
09-01-2012, 11:09 AM
Pride usually takes care of this thread, but he hasn't been around lately, so I figured I would do it again, like last year.
This thread is to keep track of who is/isn't coming, and what everyone is bringing (to avoid overlap). Here are the details!
The opener is at 1 PM, and the lot opens at 7:00AM. Phil, Pride and I are going to try to save some spots, but with this being a smaller lot and it being the home opener, it will definitely fill up quickly, so please get there early!

Who's Coming?
Michael82
Dannyek71 and his girlfriend
Cntrygal

Here's what every tailgate needs:
•Paper Plates, Plasticware, Napkins
•Bottled Water - Cntrygal
•Pop/Soda
•Condiments (Ketchup, Mustard, Relish)
•Hamburger Buns
•Hamburgers
•Hotdogs/Hotdog Buns - Michael82
•Buffalo Chicken Strips - Phil
•Potato Chips / Dip - Michael82
•Chicken Wing Dip and Chips -
•Desserts (Brownies) - Cntrygal
•Sides (Potato Salad, Macaroni Salad, Etc)
•If you'd like to bring something else, please feel free!
Please reply with what you are planning to bring.

Cntrygal
09-01-2012, 11:17 AM
:wave:

Thanks Michael!

I'll bring a case of bottled water and some brownies!

Michael82
09-01-2012, 11:23 AM
I'll bring chips and dip and some Zweigles hot dogs with rolls.

SabreEleven
09-01-2012, 11:54 AM
I'm coming but not sure what to bring.

mead107
09-01-2012, 01:12 PM
I will be with the TBD tailgate but will send over a plate of Stromboli. Or you can stop by and grab a bite.

GO BILLS

SquishDaFish
09-01-2012, 01:41 PM
Ok mikey save spot for me if you can there will be 4-5 of us in car. Put me down as bringing soda and water prob try 2 big coolers full.

SabreEleven
09-01-2012, 04:33 PM
I'll bring paper products like I did last year.

Valerie
09-02-2012, 11:35 AM
Me, Dozer and my dad are coming. I'll bring OJ and champagne for mimosas to make it a classy tailgate party. lol We'll also bring some other stuff but I'm not sure what yet.

X-Era
09-02-2012, 11:37 AM
I'll be there. Not sure who I'll be bringing with.

tampabay25690
09-02-2012, 11:50 AM
I will not be at the Tailgate since I have my own group of 50....
But if anyone wants to stop by we will have 500+ jello shots, Fresh Wings tossed to your liking...
8 oz Angus Burgers, Barts, and sausage....

T-Long
09-02-2012, 11:56 AM
Me and my 5 buddies from work will be there! We are just gathering what to bring...any suggestions?

- - - Updated - - -

I will not be at the Tailgate since I have my own group of 50....
But if anyone wants to stop by we will have 500+ jello shots, Fresh Wings tossed to your liking...
8 oz Angus Burgers, Barts, and sausage....
Def gonna have to stop by Don...PM me your cell

hammerbillsfan
09-02-2012, 12:08 PM
Me and my 5 buddies from work will be there! We are just gathering what to bring...any suggestions?

- - - Updated - - -

Def gonna have to stop by Don...PM me your cell

hook me up to brosef! :cheers:

dannyek71
09-02-2012, 02:03 PM
Me, Dozer and my dad are coming. I'll bring OJ and champagne for mimosas to make it a classy tailgate party. lol We'll also bring some other stuff but I'm not sure what yet.

Jello shots?!?

SabreEleven
09-02-2012, 03:07 PM

Break out the bowling ball.

Mr. Miyagi
09-02-2012, 03:49 PM
I'm in as long as the lovely Bedard family can give me a ride there.

Too bad I'm flying in cuz I have all the plates and napkins and plasticware in the world. I ge a ton of them for free from work.

Is it BYOB? I'll bring a couple cases to share as my contribution. Does that work?

BAM
09-02-2012, 09:27 PM
I'll bring the herb.

BAM
09-02-2012, 09:30 PM
Seriously though, bringing a friend of mine now instead of my wife. He's a Bills fan also. We'll get something good for the grill.

mybills
09-04-2012, 10:59 AM
I'll be down the road, but I'll walk over there with Jason & Breann for a visit.

The King
09-04-2012, 11:35 AM
We're bringing Miyagi.

SabreEleven
09-04-2012, 01:14 PM
We're bringing Miyagi.

You'll be hungry an hour later.

mead107
09-08-2012, 08:42 PM
Any idea where in hammer's lot you will be?

Michael82
09-11-2012, 11:00 AM
This thread is to keep track of who is/isn't coming, and what everyone is bringing (to avoid overlap). Here are the details!
The opener is at 1 PM, and the lot opens at 7:00AM. Phil, Pride and I are going to try to save some spots, but with this being a smaller lot and it being the home opener, it will definitely fill up quickly, so please get there early!

Who's Coming?
Michael82
Cntrygal
SabreEleven
Valerie and Dozerdog
SquishDaFish and 4-5 other co-workers
T-Long and 5 buddies from work
hammerbillsfan
X-Era
BAM and his buddy
Mr. Miyagi
MBBedard and his wife Jules

•Paper Plates, Plasticware, Napkins - SabreEleven
•Bottled Water - Cntrygal, SquishDaFish
•Pop/Soda - SquishDaFish
•Orange juice and Champagne for Mimosas
•Something tasty for the grill - BAM
•Hamburger Buns
•Hamburgers
Please reply with what you are planning to bring.[/QUOTE]

- - - Updated - - -

I'm bumping this for anyone else interested in coming and bringing something to share. :up:

Michael82
09-11-2012, 11:01 AM
Any idea where in hammer's lot you will be?

We park towards the back/middle of hammer's lot. A couple rows before the pinto.

Pride
09-11-2012, 12:36 PM
Mind if Sarah and I crash?? I believe BAM and our friend Corey will also be there (depending on how crazy they get the night before)

hammerbillsfan
09-11-2012, 12:46 PM
Mind if Sarah and I crash?? I believe BAM and our friend Corey will also be there (depending on how crazy they get the night before)

you and Sarah are always welcome! :cheers:

BAM
09-11-2012, 01:26 PM
Even if we get nuts on Saturday downtown or wherever we end up (and with Cory involved it's hard to tell where that may be), I'll be at the tailgate at the ass-crack of dawn guaranteed!!! Can't wait. Yeah we sucked vs. the Jets but I'm over it. Nothing like an Orchard Park tailgate!

Michael82
09-11-2012, 05:26 PM

Crash? Who are you kidding? You'll help run it. :up: What are you bringing to cook?

What time you going to get there?

T-Long
09-11-2012, 05:30 PM
what can we bring guys?

spacecowboy
09-11-2012, 05:47 PM
My wife and I will be there if we can make it early enough (3 hour drive,blah). Been to Hammers lot for a couple of games and hope we'll be there in time to get a spot. We will have our red canopy and our Bills flag flyin high at the back of the Avalanche, stop by and say hi.

Brad and Dawn

Cntrygal
09-11-2012, 05:55 PM

Who's Coming?
Michael82
Cntrygal
SabreEleven
Valerie and Dozerdog
hammerbillsfan
X-Era
BAM and his buddy
Mr. Miyagi

•Pop/Soda - SquishDaFish
•Orange juice and Champagne for Mimosas Valerie?
•Hamburger Buns
•Hamburgers
- - - Updated - - -

I'm bumping this for anyone else interested in coming and bringing something to share. :up:

what can we bring guys?

You can either pick something off of the list, or if you want to bring something else that's fine too. Just post whatever it is and Michael will update the master list. :)

Pride
09-11-2012, 08:30 PM
We will bring the burgers and brats if someone can get the buns and condiments. We will be there around 7?

clumping platelets
09-12-2012, 05:22 AM
I know :eb: will be there not sure what time though. I'll be there later.....not sure what time. I'm working until 7 am.

I'll coordinate something with him

The King
09-12-2012, 07:36 AM
Is there anything people want to try from this area? I could bring some microbrews from Sam Adams or Harpoon?

Michael82
09-12-2012, 05:49 PM
Is there anything people want to try from this area? I could bring some microbrews from Sam Adams or Harpoon?

That sounds good! I wouldnt mind trying some microbrews. :up:

Any food specialties in your area? You could always bring something unique to Boston. :up:

The King
09-12-2012, 06:31 PM
Yea chowder, fried clams and things that are impossible at a tailgate!

spacecowboy
09-12-2012, 06:55 PM
Its been a while since I've drove down the day of the game and I was wondering if there was any restriction on what time I can buy alcohol in New York state? I remember going to a Tops b4 a game, years ago and we couldn't buy beer till noon. I was just wondering because we have to stop and grab some meat since we can't bring any across the border and figured it would just be easier to stop once rather then at the Duty Free then Tops.

Thanks Guys,

Brad

chernobylwraiths
09-12-2012, 09:22 PM
Its been a while since I've drove down the day of the game and I was wondering if there was any restriction on what time I can buy alcohol in New York state? I remember going to a Tops b4 a game, years ago and we couldn't buy beer till noon. I was just wondering because we have to stop and grab some meat since we can't bring any across the border and figured it would just be easier to stop once rather then at the Duty Free then Tops.

Thanks Guys,

Brad

They changed that law, just have to wait till 8 am.

Pride
09-13-2012, 07:07 AM
I'll grab some buns too...

T-Long
09-13-2012, 07:47 AM
We will bring all the condiments and bags of chips and pretzels. We have a long trip ahead of us and the less things we have to keep cold the better....plus, our beverages won't allow any extra room in the cooler! I got Mikey's cell phone so I will be calling to find out exactly where we need to go. We are leaving at 5am from PA which will get us to the stadium by 9. I figure there won't be parking spots in that lot by the time we are rolling in, but we will try to park as close as we can. Looking forward to meeting all my fellow Zoners!

T-Long
09-13-2012, 08:00 AM
I can't find that map that Mikey had posted with the image of the lot....is there a specific address that we can type in to the GPS to get us as close as we can?

The King
09-13-2012, 08:05 AM
I have been to the stadium a half dozen times and I have no idea how to get over there either. I usually just park and walk.

Dr. Lecter
09-13-2012, 09:29 AM
Find Big Tree Lounge. (corner of Big Tree and Abbot)

Hammer's lot is down Abbot, towards the stadium on the left next to chiropactor's office

T-Long
09-13-2012, 01:01 PM
I think I found the address to the chiropractor's office which should get us close.

4180 Abbott Road
Orchard Park

Does that sound right?

Mr. Miyagi
09-13-2012, 01:33 PM
I'll grab some buns too...
No there will be no asscupping this year.

Michael82
09-13-2012, 01:42 PM
Just one warning for all of you....the only way you can get to the lot is from 20A and turning onto Abbott towards the stadium. The cops block the other side of Abbott.

The King
09-13-2012, 01:45 PM
This is way too complicated for someone who visits the stadium once every 5 years.

SquishDaFish
09-13-2012, 02:06 PM
Yea its looking like the wives are going to drop us off so we will be walking to see you all. Prob carry some beers with us LOL

Michael82
09-13-2012, 02:24 PM
This is way too complicated for someone who visits the stadium once every 5 years.

ROFL! Not really....didnt you use to park with us in Lot 1? All you do is drive past the stadium and then turn right onto Abbott, then the parking lot will be on your left.

Michael82
09-13-2012, 02:27 PM
what hotel are you guys staying in? I'll get you turn by turn directions.

The King
09-13-2012, 02:28 PM
No I have never parked over there. Hopefully I guess right an we get close. I'd put Miyagi in charge of directions but... well, you know.

The King
09-13-2012, 02:28 PM
Super 8 yo

The King
09-13-2012, 02:34 PM
Directions I have take us from RT 20 to Abbott

Michael82
09-13-2012, 02:42 PM
Directions I have take us from RT 20 to Abbott

Route 20A is correct. BTW, I'm not sure if this is the exact address but here's the one I got....

4174 Abbott Road, Orchard Park, NY 14127

Dr. Lecter
09-13-2012, 03:20 PM
Super 8 yo

"I will not drive to Buffalo and spend 4 hours in a neighborhood bar because it is to much like a dive. Instead I will spend 2 nights in a dive hotel like Super8"

The King
09-13-2012, 03:29 PM
When it came to hotels within 20 minutes of the stadium (and close to transit), that was basically my best option. And I have no issue with dives, I like them. My wife however doesn't want to spend 30 minutes building a fort on top of a toilet so she can utilize it. Use your noggin.

Dr. Lecter
09-13-2012, 03:57 PM
Lighten up Francis.

The King
09-13-2012, 04:00 PM
Lighten up Francis.

It's this type of sensitivity that gets me naked time on a regular basis.

Dr. Lecter
09-14-2012, 10:46 AM
Will anybody have any sunblock at the TG?

The last buffalo fan
09-14-2012, 11:41 AM
Will anybody have any sunblock at the TG?

If the border patrol is in good mood, you could have some.

The King
09-14-2012, 12:41 PM
Chances of me calling you by your user names? Likely.

SquishDaFish
09-14-2012, 01:27 PM
Im not calling you the King LOL

ServoBillieves
09-14-2012, 01:47 PM
Have a good and safe Sunday folks, wish I could meet you guys in person again but you'll have my heart roarin' in Charlotte for the Bills (when I met most of you in Philly, you started calling me Hargrove).

Yell twice as hard and enjoy yourselves. Also, give Pinto a high five for me! LET'S GO BUFFALO!

(P.S. My wife named the jump-in-the-stands thing the "rock-slide." If you have the seats and they jump in, give the horns or a thumbs up to let us know you're front row where she saw her first game!)

Cntrygal
09-14-2012, 01:51 PM
I'm super fragile & delicate.... and I forgot sunblock. Can someone hook me up? :)

SquishDaFish
09-14-2012, 01:56 PM
If I remember Cnty Ill grab some

SabreEleven
09-14-2012, 03:12 PM
I'm super fragile & delicate.... and I forgot sunblock. Can someone hook me up? :)

i thought you were super tough biker chick?

Dr. Lecter
09-14-2012, 03:24 PM
I bet she can kick your ass.
That is not saying much though.

Cntrygal
09-14-2012, 03:56 PM
i thought you were super tough biker chick?

I am a super tough chick (not a biker chick though), but my appearance (fragile & delicate) fools most people into believing otherwise.

The King
09-14-2012, 04:28 PM
2 twelve packs of micro brews = $35 gab them early kids that's my contribution!

The last buffalo fan
09-14-2012, 05:32 PM
I am a super tough chick (not a biker chick though), but my appearance (fragile & delicate) fools most people into believing otherwise.

:cloud9:

You are a cheap bastard, S11!

T-Long
09-14-2012, 07:37 PM
Do you guys think there will be a spot for us at 9? We are leaving at 5 and it says 4 hours to get there, so prob closer to 8:30am. We will be in a F250 truck

Mr. Miyagi
09-14-2012, 08:37 PM
Yo I can't bring anything onto the plane. I guess I'll buy stuff when I get there.

SquishDaFish
09-14-2012, 09:13 PM
Just buy a couple girls near the airport Miyagi LMAO

Michael82
09-14-2012, 09:51 PM
There's one disappointing thing about this thread....no reply from Mad Bomber! I always look forward to seeing him at the Home Opener. I'll miss you, Mad! :(

THATHURMANATOR
09-14-2012, 10:19 PM
Nice Mike. Don't give a **** about Thurm you DICK!!!!

Although I won't be there!!! :(

Too far and too many other tailgates I must check in at.... (no not being a snob but you are seriously on the exact opposite side and I have like 30 people coming to mine... can't just abandon them)

Michael82
09-15-2012, 12:37 AM
Thurm, everyone wanders from different tailgates...cant you do the same thing? Even just for a half hour to say hi and grace us with your presence?

THATHURMANATOR
09-15-2012, 01:12 AM
Slight possibility where exactly is yours? I think I know but just to make sure.

It seriously is like a 20 - 30 minute walk from mine to where I think yours is. Couple that with having to go in almost an hour early to actually get in the stadium before the game starts I don't have that much time. I have 20+ people coming to mine from work and more friends are supposed to be parking by me. Then I have 2 different groups of buddies I need to stop by before heading in.

Its not like I don't want to though. I would love to meet up with the old crew! Wish you guys were closer!!!

I will be here at around 7:30 Sunday.

clumping platelets
09-15-2012, 01:59 AM
:thurm: :yucky:

Cntrygal
09-15-2012, 06:39 AM
Wow... that WOULD be along walk Thurm. :(

[CENTER]
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t138/Mikey82_photos/HammersLotMap.jpg

THATHURMANATOR
09-15-2012, 09:00 AM
SEEEEE MIKE. I am not trying to be difficult!!!

The last buffalo fan
09-15-2012, 09:37 AM
Don't be a puss Thurm, you are now my little kids hero. I see a trauma on their lives already.

SquishDaFish
09-15-2012, 10:17 AM
Bout to hit the road for the 6 hour drive in an hour. See you all tonight at D&Bs

X-Era
09-16-2012, 06:47 AM

Who's Coming?
Michael82
Cntrygal
SabreEleven
Valerie and Dozerdog
hammerbillsfan
X-Era
BAM and his buddy
Mr. Miyagi

•Pop/Soda - SquishDaFish
•Orange juice and Champagne for Mimosas
•Hamburger Buns
•Hamburgers

I'm bringing chili and con-queso. My brother in law Jeremy will be with me.

SquishDaFish
09-17-2012, 09:10 AM
Thanx everyone for a great time. Great to meet most of you all.

mybills
09-19-2012, 05:45 AM
Slight possibility where exactly is yours? I think I know but just to make sure.

It seriously is like a 20 - 30 minute walk from mine to where I think yours is. Couple that with having to go in almost an hour early to actually get in the stadium before the game starts I don't have that much time. I have 20+ people coming to mine from work and more friends are supposed to be parking by me. Then I have 2 different groups of buddies I need to stop by before heading in.

Its not like I don't want to though. I would love to meet up with the old crew! Wish you guys were closer!!!

I will be here at around 7:30 Sunday.

Oh man, you were right near me.

Valerie
09-19-2012, 08:58 AM
Nice Mike. Don't give a **** about Thurm you DICK!!!!

Although I won't be there!!! :(

Too far and too many other tailgates I must check in at.... (no not being a snob but you are seriously on the exact opposite side and I have like 30 people coming to mine... can't just abandon them)
Ok, so you couldn't make it to the tailgate on Sunday, WTF was your excuse for not making lunch at Duffs or the get together at D&B on Saturday?!?!?!?!?!? I can't believe you didn't show at all, Thurm! I am EXTREMELY disappointed in you!

SabreEleven
09-19-2012, 09:39 AM
Why is Thurm having different tail gate than BZ any ways? Shouldn't they be one in the same no matter who shows up to the tailgates.

tampabay25690
09-19-2012, 09:04 PM
Glad everyone had fun.
Wish I could join but my weekend was very very busy....