PDA

View Full Version : Great play by Floyd

Oaf
09-01-2012, 02:18 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/0ap2000000056932/Pre-WK-4-Can-t-Miss-Play-Floyd-joins-the-circus

Call this a preseason exaggeration, but I don't think this sort of potential changes based on a prefix. Would have loved to have seen him here. Oh well.

mayotm
09-01-2012, 02:44 PM
First time he's done anything all pre-season. He was playing in the second quarter of the last pre-season game because he's not starting. I look forward to all of the Floyd posts whenever he makes a play. Also, how would the secondary look right now without Gilmore?

YardRat
09-01-2012, 02:55 PM
Nice catch.

The issue isn't necessarily whether or not Floyd would've been a good pick at the time if that's the direction the team went...it's when he makes a catch like that in preseason and the dumbass "I told you so, we should've drafted Floyd" come out of the woodwork before the season has even started.

Oaf
09-01-2012, 03:49 PM
First time he's done anything all pre-season. He was playing in the second quarter of the last pre-season game because he's not starting. I look forward to all of the Floyd posts whenever he makes a play. Also, how would the secondary look right now without Gilmore?

It's hard to tell how the secondary would look w/o him because he didn't stand out much in preseason which is fine. There's so much fodder for Bills draft revision-ism, and Floyd isn't even close to have proven himself as someone "we should've drafted". I simply commented I like the guy's potential and what a cool play.

mayotm
09-01-2012, 03:57 PM
It's hard to tell how the secondary would look w/o him because he didn't stand out much in preseason which is fine. There's so much fodder for Bills draft revision-ism, and Floyd isn't even close to have proven himself as someone "we should've drafted". I simply commented I like the guy's potential and what a cool play.Actually, you didn't simply comment about the play and his potential. You added that you "would have loved to see him here". That certainly implies that you feel the Bills should have taken Floyd over Gilmore.

Goobylal
09-02-2012, 12:10 AM
Bingo.

Oaf
09-02-2012, 12:32 AM
Actually, you didn't simply comment about the play and his potential. You added that you "would have loved to see him here". That certainly implies that you feel the Bills should have taken Floyd over Gilmore.

Just because I would have loved to see him here, doesn't mean I disagree w/ the Gilmore pick.

JoeMama
09-02-2012, 12:56 AM
Michael Floyd was one of the few guys I wanted us to shy away from.

Given my "real life" workload leading up the draft, I didn't have enough free time to research the draft picks like I normally would.

I basically gave this entire draft a free pass and deferred to Buddy Nix's judgment.

In retrospect, I think Stephon Gilmore is a wonderful pick since the road to the AFC East goes through New England and we desperately need a secondary that can match up with their insane two TE set.

Also, my sleeper pick in the draft was Nigel Bradham.

I'll stand by that one until the bitter end (or until it becomes impossible to defend him in the event he busts).

But I'm banking on the former.

Meathead
09-02-2012, 03:51 AM
the only reason he caught that is bc the two defenders were both white

kishoph
09-02-2012, 04:38 AM
the only reason he caught that is bc the two defenders were both white

Not only not funny, but wrong.

Meathead
09-02-2012, 04:57 AM
http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/3681/boeingb47brocketassiste.jpg

OpIv37
09-02-2012, 11:33 AM
Il. Be rooting for Floyd as long as he's not playing against the Bills. A lot of ND players make it to the NFL, but few become stars. The only one I can really think of right now that I would consider a star is Justin Tuck.