• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skooby
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

Chan: Roster is not set

Before any of you lose your mind or have to post a complaint thread, Chan said the roster is going to change by next week.
    Bills head coach Chan Gailey was asked several questions about his 53-man roster. The Gailey comment that carried the most weight was the strong indication that the roster is going to be changing over the course of the coming week.
    “I think you’ve been around Buddy and I long enough to know that nothing is ever set,” said Gailey. ”We’re always looking for different ways to improve our football team. I doubt that what you see today will show up next Sunday.”
    Last edited by Skooby; 09-01-2012, 02:53 PM.
  • Meathead
    Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
    • Jul 2002

Re: Chan: Roster is not set

shocking
    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• ServoBillieves
      The Voice of Reason
      • Jul 2007

It's obviously not set, Thigpen will not be on this roster.
      Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• X-Era
        What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
        • Feb 2005

A WR will be added IMO. It wouldn't shock me if it's someone fairly significant. If they just wanted numbers they could have kept one of the guys they let go. I think Chan wants an upgrade to what we let go. I mentioned the young waiver wire guys in the other thread. I don't know what vets are out there.

Plax
        Branch

who else?

Comment

• Gibby
          • Jun 2006

The sky is falling the sky is falling the sky is falling

reads post:

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
          Before any of you lose your mind or have to post a complaint thread, Chan said the roster is going to change by next week.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2012/0...ect-to-change/
          the sky is not fallling?

Comment

• YardRat
            Well, lookie here...
            • Dec 2004

Originally posted by X-Era View Post
            A WR will be added IMO. It wouldn't shock me if it's someone fairly significant. If they just wanted numbers they could have kept one of the guys they let go. I think Chan wants an upgrade to what we let go. I mentioned the young waiver wire guys in the other thread. I don't know what vets are out there.

Plax
            Branch

who else?
            IMO it will be one of the guys we let go before a newbie. Hagan, Roosevelt, Aiken, Easley.
            YardRat Wall of Fame
            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• jimbohastle51
              All-Pro Zoner
              • Feb 2005

Obviously they are looking for a veteran wide receiver. Two names I would think that they are interested in that would make sense for the spread attack are Deon Branch and Jabar Gaffney. Both are outstanding route runners but both lack top end speed (which they don't have to have in the quick strike attack the Bills use. Besides TJ Graham and Donald Jones are the speedsters) Both would be minimal cost and both could play week one. Also its Obvious that we will not carry all those tackles for by week one. Either Young or Sanders are traded for a WR that was going to be cut but but worth not risking waiting through waivers or one of those to tackles will be let go after the wide receiver is added. You won't see Thigpen or Jackson gone till the 3rd or 4th week at the earliest. Weather Gailey and Nix like it or not trading for Jackson so late in the pre season forces them to keep Thigpen for a few weeks to see if Jackson can get his head around the offense.

Comment

• YardRat
                Well, lookie here...
                • Dec 2004

I really can't see them trading Young, and Sanders was placed on IR. Did you mean Hairston?
                YardRat Wall of Fame
                #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• jimbohastle51
                  All-Pro Zoner
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                  I really can't see them trading Young, and Sanders was placed on IR. Did you mean Hairston?
                  Yes, sorry I did mean Hairston. When I say trade I really mean swap of one of those tackles to a team that needs a backup tackle for a 7th round pick or for a young receiver that was on the bubble till opening day anyways. As teams have been doing yesterday and today trades happen all the time for players or 7th round picks just so you don't have to risk looking the guy to another team on the waiver wire. I guess they call them trades but they are more like just cheating the waiver system.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                    Skoobasaurus-Rex
                    • Oct 2011

Originally posted by jimbohastle51 View Post
                    Obviously they are looking for a veteran wide receiver. Two names I would think that they are interested in that would make sense for the spread attack are Deon Branch and Jabar Gaffney. Both are outstanding route runners but both lack top end speed (which they don't have to have in the quick strike attack the Bills use. Besides TJ Graham and Donald Jones are the speedsters) Both would be minimal cost and both could play week one. Also its Obvious that we will not carry all those tackles for by week one. Either Young or Sanders are traded for a WR that was going to be cut but but worth not risking waiting through waivers or one of those to tackles will be let go after the wide receiver is added. You won't see Thigpen or Jackson gone till the 3rd or 4th week at the earliest. Weather Gailey and Nix like it or not trading for Jackson so late in the pre season forces them to keep Thigpen for a few weeks to see if Jackson can get his head around the offense.
                    Whether, just saying.

Comment

• DynaPaul
                      • Sep 2003

I think Thigpen will be cut once Jackson learns the playbook a little more. I saw a rumor in an article that they should trade for one of Green Bay's WRs since they have enormous depth there. I wouldn't be opposed to it.

Comment

• ct bills fan
                        • Jul 2002

Brooks will be IR'd on 9/4, opening up a spot for someone? This is the new, temporary IR allowed for one player. Maybe a WR or CB is picked up with this spot.

Comment

• Night Train
                          Retired - On Several Levels
                          • Jul 2005

Another CB is now obvious, with the Brooks injury.

A 5th WR type is a 1 minute phone call away. They're everywhere.
                          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• The Jokeman
                            • Dec 2003

Why not a veteran TE over a guy like Dorin Dickerson? As Kellen Winslow to me is a veteran TE that could be a solid move the chains guy this offense could use.

Comment

• jimbohastle51
                              All-Pro Zoner
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by The Jokeman View Post
                              Why not a veteran TE over a guy like Dorin Dickerson? As Kellen Winslow to me is a veteran TE that could be a solid move the chains guy this offense could use.
                              Because Dickerson can line up out wide like a wide reciever (he has 4.4 speed Winslow does not). Versatility is Gailey's favorite word and Dickerson can play basically 3 positions between TE, WR, and FB. Winslow is just a pass catching TE.

Comment

Working...
                              X