PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of Kellen Winslow? Seattle just waived him.

W1DER1GHT
09-01-2012, 05:10 PM
What do you think of Kellen Winslow? Seattle just waived him per fantasyguru.com...it's a pay fantasy football site. Another pass catcher with some speed could be useful IMO.

Skooby
09-01-2012, 05:13 PM
He's never been the same since that motorcycle accident / injury, he's also a bit of a dipstick.

Generalissimus Gibby
09-01-2012, 05:17 PM
bring him in for a workout after he signs a contract including no motorbikes and no cancerous behavior clauses.

YardRat
09-01-2012, 05:20 PM
No thanks. Would rather have Hagan or Roosevelt back in the fold.

GingerP
09-01-2012, 05:39 PM
No thanks. Would rather have Hagan or Roosevelt back in the fold.

Really? I can understand if you don't like him, but neither of those guys have done crap in the NFL. The guy has 430 catches and 23 TD over the last 6 years. He wasn't cut because he sucks, he is coming off a good year. He was cut because he is an injury risk with his knee and they didn't want to guarantee his $3.3M salary.

For shorter money (with incentive to earn more), he would be a great option. The guy's knee has been an issue for years, but he has 430 catches since that injury, so he still manages to play pretty well.

Skooby
09-01-2012, 05:42 PM
Really? I can understand if you don't like him, but neither of those guys have done crap in the NFL. The guy has 430 catches and 23 TD over the last 6 years. He wasn't cut because he sucks, he is coming off a good year. He was cut because he is an injury risk with his knee and they didn't want to guarantee his $3.3M salary.

For shorter money (with incentive to earn more), he would be a great option. The guy's knee has been an issue for years, but he has 430 catches since that injury, so he still manages to play pretty well.

Everyone interested in him will wait until week 2, that way his salary is not fully guaranteed.

YardRat
09-01-2012, 05:42 PM

I don't want the injury risk or salary, or bring in yet another newbie to learn the offense. Hagan or Roosevelt would still be my preference.

Meathead
09-01-2012, 06:23 PM
yes pickup winslow and cooley and have two guys gimp along and barely play all season

mikemac2001
09-01-2012, 06:27 PM
Cooley is better off then winslow....winslow is a punk and has no legs left

cooley is cool atleast

ServoBillieves
09-01-2012, 06:28 PM
No thanks Pat.

GingerP
09-01-2012, 06:49 PM
Winslow caught 75 passes last year, for 763 yards.

Cooley caught 8 for 65 yards.

Hagan caught 24 for 252 yards.

Roosevelt caught 16 for 257 yards.

Isn't the difference in production striking? Say what you want about Winslow, but he has been productive. He would still be on Seattle if it weren't for money. They offered him a paycut and he refused.

Night Train
09-01-2012, 06:53 PM
I think if his name was Kellen Smith, no one would even be looking at him now. He's a major head case but has the right last name.

mikemac2001
09-01-2012, 06:58 PM
No thanks Pat.

i knew it was him

GingerP
09-01-2012, 07:00 PM
I think if his name was Kellen Smith, no one would even be looking at him now. He's a major head case but has the right last name.

Well, there's that, and also that he has averaged 70+ catches over the last several years. Tough to sneeze at that. How many TE can you say that about?

mikemac2001
09-01-2012, 07:01 PM
Well, there's that, and also that he has averaged 70+ catches over the last several years. Tough to sneeze at that. How many TE can you say that about?

Ya but he cant do it like he use to....he cant get that sepration and has had problems with his knee wearing down more and more since his auto accident

jimbohastle51
09-01-2012, 07:04 PM
They won't make that move because they just invested in Scott Chandler who already knows the offense and has chemistry with Fitz and Smith is twice the blocker that Winslow is. Also remember Dorin Dickerson was kept because he can flex and play tight end in a game so he acts as the second pass catching tight end after Chandler anyways. Remember there is a reason the Bucs were willing to only take a 7th round pick to get rid of him and there is a reason that Seattle doesnt want him on the roster. He has suffered through some pretty major knee injuries and has been known to be more of a "me" guy than a team first guy. I know its tough to see that when you look at past stats and a player has a big name but the fact is that the NFL is a what can you do now league not a what did you do league and Winslow isn't worth the headache on a team that has ZERO chemistry or Ego problems.

Night Train
09-01-2012, 07:04 PM

Why is he looking for his 4th team in 4 years ?

mikemac2001
09-01-2012, 07:08 PM
3rd team in 1 year

Night Train
09-01-2012, 07:13 PM
3rd team in 1 year
But he's a " Soldier " !

GingerP
09-01-2012, 07:48 PM
3rd team in 1 year

... and money is not a factor in that? He would still be in Seattle if it weren't for the money.

Say anything you want about the guy, but he has been productive. The knee was hurt a long time ago, he has 430+ catches since then.

The Bills could use a proven receiver outside of SJ. They don't have one.

Mr. Miyagi
09-01-2012, 07:49 PM
We don't need a TE. We need better WRs.