PDA

View Full Version : Jets' Ryan scoffs at notion Bills' Johnson has Revis' number

justasportsfan
09-03-2012, 08:17 AM
here you go OP

“Stevie Johnson’s a good receiver and he’s caught some balls, but I wouldn’t say he’s got Darrelle Revis’ number,” New York Jets head coach Rex Ryan told the New York Daily News. “He goes up against all types: Big, strong, fast, shifty. He goes against them all. And I’ve never walked out of a game saying, ‘This player got the best of Darrelle Revis.’ Never. Never felt that way. Do you realize how special this guy is? It is amazing what we ask him to do.”

http://blogs.nfl.com/2012/09/03/darrell-revis-the-most-dominant-player-in-the-nfl/?module=HP11_headline_stack

better days
09-03-2012, 08:27 AM
here you go OP

“Stevie Johnson’s a good receiver and he’s caught some balls, but I wouldn’t say he’s got Darrelle Revis’ number,” New York Jets head coach Rex Ryan told the New York Daily News. “He goes up against all types: Big, strong, fast, shifty. He goes against them all. And I’ve never walked out of a game saying, ‘This player got the best of Darrelle Revis.’ Never. Never felt that way. Do you realize how special this guy is? It is amazing what we ask him to do.”

http://blogs.nfl.com/2012/09/03/darrell-revis-the-most-dominant-player-in-the-nfl/?module=HP11_headline_stack

Well, if any WR has Revis' number, it is Stevie. Can't wait until Sunday.

YardRat
09-03-2012, 08:29 AM
I hope Revis' jersey is incinerated by the beginning of the fourth quarter this Sunday.

Mr. Miyagi
09-03-2012, 10:10 AM
Great. More motivation for Stevie.

I wonder what Rex would say if Stevie caught 2 TDs this weekend.

buffalobillsfan95
09-03-2012, 10:28 AM
Didn't Stevie go 2 games 164 yards and 1 touchdown..... With a injured groin that after the season ended required surgery? 1 point stevie

Generalissimus Gibby
09-03-2012, 11:25 AM
I don't know what's more hilarious, Rex Ryan's arrogant ignorance or the fact that some one bought into the idea that the NY Post is a credible newspaper.

JCBills
09-03-2012, 11:41 AM
Steve Johnson vs. Jets 2010 / 2011:

19 Rec 262 Yds 2 TD

He also had a nice TD catch vs. Revis as a rookie. When I saw him use his body to shield off Revis I got the feeling the Bills had something.

JoeMama
09-03-2012, 11:58 AM
This is awesome.

Darrelle "Ego the Living Planet" Revis recently said he's constantly "fighting boredom" on the football field.

http://www.complex.com/sports/2012/09/darrelle-revis-says-that-hes-constantly-fighting-boredom-on-the-football-field

Somebody better call Kanye West and tell him he's got some competition for world's biggest ego.

BTW Stevie Johnson has been money against Revis. Very few receivers have posted better numbers one-on-one vs Revis.

I got Stevie J. starting in my fantasy league this week.

OpIv37
09-03-2012, 01:30 PM
It's coachspeak anyway.

Even if Ryan is chewing out Revis for his performances against Stevie behind closed doors, this is what he's going to say publicly.