PDA

View Full Version : A piece on Gailey

Joebuffalowins
09-03-2012, 10:46 AM
http://buffalowins.com/buffalo-bills/articles/gailey-cant-repeat-the-past-if-he-wants-a-future.html

Oaf
09-03-2012, 12:25 PM
Liked it. That Pitt loss... oh man...

BertSquirtgum
09-03-2012, 01:14 PM
Too much to read.

The King
09-03-2012, 02:38 PM
Liked it. That Pitt loss... oh man...
I drove 800 miles for that loss

Mr. Pink
09-03-2012, 03:10 PM
Gailey is infallible and can do no wrong in the eyes of many.

Meanwhile the prior guys were bums who could do no right.

Baffling.

Luisito23
09-03-2012, 04:03 PM
If he does not take us to the playoffs this season, I want him gone ASAP, no more excuses, and no more time.

The big problem, and my man concern is that Wannstedt will be our next HUGE annoyance.

BertSquirtgum
09-03-2012, 04:09 PM
If he does not take us to the playoffs this season, I want him gone ASAP, no more excuses, and no more time.

The big problem, and my man concern is that Wannstedt will be our next HUGE annoyance.

I'm with you but I think Buddy would retire and Whaley gets free reign to hire someone.

Oaf
09-03-2012, 05:59 PM
I drove 800 miles for that loss

This post... oh man...

zone
09-04-2012, 08:22 AM
I don't think any coach had cleaned house as much as Gailey did in his first 2 years. That, along with the massive amounts of injuries last year without any depth because of cleaning said house I think is what attributes to the worst record in his first 2 years of any of those coaches.

justasportsfan
09-04-2012, 08:35 AM
Gailey is infallible and can do no wrong in the eyes of many.

who said that?

ZAZusmc03
09-04-2012, 11:42 AM
I thought it was a good read. I'm still in the sit and wait mode before annointing Chan as anything more than mediocre. But I do expect 9-7 or better this year, otherwise we might as well cut ties with him and bring in a new coaching staff that will go after a QB of their choice. If we finish anything worse than 9 wins, I think it will be Chan and Fitz's fault.

Stewie
09-04-2012, 12:48 PM
Thanks for the read.

IMO, I guess I'm in the minority on Gailey. I liked the Gaily hiring immediately, but am souring on his offensive execution. I like him as a head coach, and as a leader of men. I think he has a lot of football wisdom, and his scheme strengths happen to be where the league is headed; the passing attack.

That said, my biggest beef with him is lack of commitment to his weapons. With the possible exception of Stevie, our two best skill players on offense are RB1 and RB2, and that has been the case since RB2 was drafted. They need the damn ball. And now that the league is going pass heavy, IMO, it makes sense to beat teams with the run. No QB in history has ever scored when his team didn't have the ball. Maybe he thought he couldn't rely on our defense to keep us in games, but again - the defense can't play poorly if they're not on the field.

Maybe Chan will surprise everyone and give CJ and Fred 300 touches each this year.

Mahdi
09-04-2012, 01:43 PM
There are 2 major reasons Gailey is liked over others before him despite his lack of success so far.

1. His frankness and openness about players and the team in general.

2. The fact that he got our offense going after years of watching junk. Fans can almost appreciate losing when were at least putting up a lot of points and making things exciting. Chan got the most out of a journeyman QB, and turned a couple of retread OL (Urbik and Pears) into key players. Not to mention turning Stevie (7th round), Nelson (undrafted), Chandler (released), Fred Jackson (undrafted), into potential pro bowl/solid starters. That is why everyone is cutting Chan slack. We're still losing, but at least with some style. We also know that he is not involved in the defensive side of the ball and us losing last year was mainly due to horrible defense.

tatersalad
09-04-2012, 01:44 PM
Thanks for the read.

IMO, I guess I'm in the minority on Gailey. I liked the Gaily hiring immediately, but am souring on his offensive execution. I like him as a head coach, and as a leader of men. I think he has a lot of football wisdom, and his scheme strengths happen to be where the league is headed; the passing attack.

That said, my biggest beef with him is lack of commitment to his weapons. With the possible exception of Stevie, our two best skill players on offense are RB1 and RB2, and that has been the case since RB2 was drafted. They need the damn ball. And now that the league is going pass heavy, IMO, it makes sense to beat teams with the run. No QB in history has ever scored when his team didn't have the ball. Maybe he thought he couldn't rely on our defense to keep us in games, but again - the defense can't play poorly if they're not on the field.

Maybe Chan will surprise everyone and give CJ and Fred 300 touches each this year.

Well said its all football

justasportsfan
09-04-2012, 01:48 PM
Gailey isn't going far without a franchise qb. I gave Jauron 3 years and Gailey better get the team to the playoffs this year.

BertSquirtgum
09-04-2012, 02:53 PM
Ralph is cheap