Comment

• The King
        Without me it's just Awe so
        • Jun 2004

Re: A piece on Gailey

Originally posted by Oaf View Post
        Liked it. That Pitt loss... oh man...
        I drove 800 miles for that loss
        I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
        "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
        You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
        It was all
        true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
        He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
        mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
          Peterman Sucks!
          • Mar 2006

Gailey is infallible and can do no wrong in the eyes of many.

Meanwhile the prior guys were bums who could do no right.

Baffling.

Comment

• Luisito23
            Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
            • Apr 2003

If he does not take us to the playoffs this season, I want him gone ASAP, no more excuses, and no more time.

The big problem, and my man concern is that Wannstedt will be our next HUGE annoyance.
            "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
            ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
            ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
            ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
              Legendary Zoner
              • May 2009

Originally posted by Luisito23 View Post
              If he does not take us to the playoffs this season, I want him gone ASAP, no more excuses, and no more time.

The big problem, and my man concern is that Wannstedt will be our next HUGE annoyance.
              I'm with you but I think Buddy would retire and Whaley gets free reign to hire someone.

Comment

• Oaf
                Do you read what you write?
                • Jun 2007

Originally posted by The King View Post
                I drove 800 miles for that loss
                This post... oh man...

Comment

• zone
                  No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
                  • Oct 2003

I don't think any coach had cleaned house as much as Gailey did in his first 2 years. That, along with the massive amounts of injuries last year without any depth because of cleaning said house I think is what attributes to the worst record in his first 2 years of any of those coaches.
                  www.blzbus.com

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY! View Post
                    Gailey is infallible and can do no wrong in the eyes of many.

who said that?
                    sacrifice1
                    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• ZAZusmc03
                      • Jan 2010

I thought it was a good read. I'm still in the sit and wait mode before annointing Chan as anything more than mediocre. But I do expect 9-7 or better this year, otherwise we might as well cut ties with him and bring in a new coaching staff that will go after a QB of their choice. If we finish anything worse than 9 wins, I think it will be Chan and Fitz's fault.

Comment

• Stewie
                        Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
                        • Aug 2002

Thanks for the read.

IMO, I guess I'm in the minority on Gailey. I liked the Gaily hiring immediately, but am souring on his offensive execution. I like him as a head coach, and as a leader of men. I think he has a lot of football wisdom, and his scheme strengths happen to be where the league is headed; the passing attack.

That said, my biggest beef with him is lack of commitment to his weapons. With the possible exception of Stevie, our two best skill players on offense are RB1 and RB2, and that has been the case since RB2 was drafted. They need the damn ball. And now that the league is going pass heavy, IMO, it makes sense to beat teams with the run. No QB in history has ever scored when his team didn't have the ball. Maybe he thought he couldn't rely on our defense to keep us in games, but again - the defense can't play poorly if they're not on the field.

Maybe Chan will surprise everyone and give CJ and Fred 300 touches each this year.
                        Last edited by Stewie; 09-04-2012, 12:49 PM.
                        Originally posted by Topdog
                        Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
                        Originally posted by mercyrule
                        I love Weiner.
                        Originally posted by mercyrule
                        also cheese

Comment

• Mahdi
                          • Mar 2004

There are 2 major reasons Gailey is liked over others before him despite his lack of success so far.

1. His frankness and openness about players and the team in general.

2. The fact that he got our offense going after years of watching junk. Fans can almost appreciate losing when were at least putting up a lot of points and making things exciting. Chan got the most out of a journeyman QB, and turned a couple of retread OL (Urbik and Pears) into key players. Not to mention turning Stevie (7th round), Nelson (undrafted), Chandler (released), Fred Jackson (undrafted), into potential pro bowl/solid starters. That is why everyone is cutting Chan slack. We're still losing, but at least with some style. We also know that he is not involved in the defensive side of the ball and us losing last year was mainly due to horrible defense.
                          Last edited by Mahdi; 09-04-2012, 01:45 PM.

Comment

• tatersalad
                            • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Stewie View Post
                            Thanks for the read.

IMO, I guess I'm in the minority on Gailey. I liked the Gaily hiring immediately, but am souring on his offensive execution. I like him as a head coach, and as a leader of men. I think he has a lot of football wisdom, and his scheme strengths happen to be where the league is headed; the passing attack.

That said, my biggest beef with him is lack of commitment to his weapons. With the possible exception of Stevie, our two best skill players on offense are RB1 and RB2, and that has been the case since RB2 was drafted. They need the damn ball. And now that the league is going pass heavy, IMO, it makes sense to beat teams with the run. No QB in history has ever scored when his team didn't have the ball. Maybe he thought he couldn't rely on our defense to keep us in games, but again - the defense can't play poorly if they're not on the field.

Maybe Chan will surprise everyone and give CJ and Fred 300 touches each this year.
                            Well said its all football

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

Gailey isn't going far without a franchise qb. I gave Jauron 3 years and Gailey better get the team to the playoffs this year.
                              sacrifice1
                              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

Working...
                              X