PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone been to Metlife?

DrGraves
09-04-2012, 11:58 AM
I'm going to week 1 (unfortunately with jets fans)... nonetheless I just got my stevie jersey in the mail. What are the odds that I make it out of the stadium alive if I rock the SJ13 loud and proud? Thoughts from anyone who has been to a game in NJ?

DraftBoy
09-04-2012, 11:58 AM
I'm going to week 1 (unfortunately with jets fans)... nonetheless I just got my stevie jersey in the mail. What are the odds that I make it out of the stadium alive if I rock the SJ13 loud and proud? Thoughts from anyone who has been to a game in NJ?

Just pray to Tebow and all shall be forgiven

Mr. Miyagi
09-04-2012, 12:18 PM
Amen

EricStratton
09-04-2012, 12:21 PM
Wear what you want, just read the crowd around you.

I've been there wearing a Thurman jersey without problems.

Look for the NYCBBB tailgate party

trapezeus
09-04-2012, 12:32 PM
also depends on where you are sitting. if you are in the lower bowl with the fair-weather corporate ticket people, you probably will be sitting next to a bills fan. if you are up in the 300 and you are that drunk guy who is asking for it...well, they'll give it to you.

I always believe when visiting other stadiums for your home team, acknowledging the other teams good plays and making friends with your circle makes the game easy going.

The King
09-04-2012, 12:34 PM
I wore a sox jersey at Yankee Stadium I came out fine. I got hit in the head with some quarters after the Sox came back to win in the top of the 9th but, no harm no foul.

DrGraves
09-04-2012, 12:39 PM
sounds good. I appreciate the input everyone. I will be sitting in the lower bowl so probably will be around less drunks. I think the jets fans will be awfully quiet once the bills start ****ting on them after the opening kickoff

ServoBillieves
09-04-2012, 12:43 PM
MetLife is a very casual stadium. If you're higher or mid-level, have no worries. If you're on the lower near Fireman or any of his nut-job companions, that's where to be careful. Otherwise, prepare for the most impatient fans in the world.

There's no winning.

ZAZusmc03
09-04-2012, 12:47 PM
sounds good. I appreciate the input everyone. I will be sitting in the lower bowl so probably will be around less drunks. I think the jets fans will be awfully quiet once the bills start ****ting on them after the opening kickoff

I think it will be a lot easier on you since you will be there with Jets fans. Its the Bills fans that go with other bills fans and get rowdy that usually get the bad experience.

DraftBoy
09-04-2012, 02:10 PM
Just start the TE-BOW chants and you'll be good.

mikemac2001
09-04-2012, 03:39 PM
i was there VS giants and they were pretty tame/lame

the jets were just dumb and drunk (mnf) jets vs dolphins (was same week)

trapezeus
09-04-2012, 03:50 PM
i would just be aware the jets fans went through a terrible pre-season and have been biting their lip that its just because they haven't shown their full package. They really want to believe their team has 1 more year of being in the hunt for the AFC/superbowl hopes. if the bills defense (a team they know little about in terms of changes from last year) swarms sanchez early and the team isn't moving the ball, the fans will be on the verge of rioting. a great number of these fans know that their time as a team to compete for a championship is coming to an end. And they have nothing to show for it. yet the hope of a new season has them some what placated. If and when it doesn't turn out as hoped, they will be the most bitter fans of 2012.

if the perennial AFC EAst bottom Dwelling Bills walk in on openning day with a defense that continues the no TD scoring trend, regardless of where you are sitting, you are going to hear it. You will hear them ask for Tebow, to run it more, to pass it more, to bring back plax, and then like an angry kid just get into tantrum mode and say poopy and the bills suck.

frankly, i find the sitting in the stadium the easiest thing. its the coming out with your bills gear that's a pain. That's why i recommend a Mission Impossible 4 style of unclothing into either jets gear or total non fan gear beforeyou even get out of your section. Then justblend into the crowd iwth a smug smile on your face.

Of course i could be wrong, but i really think the jets are in for a world of hurt if they lose against the bills. and i think the bills have enough defensively to stop sanchez. if the LB's can stop the run, it could be a lot of fun.

The last buffalo fan
09-04-2012, 04:06 PM
i would just be aware the jets fans went through a terrible pre-season and have been biting their lip that its just because they haven't shown their full package. They really want to believe their team has 1 more year of being in the hunt for the AFC/superbowl hopes. if the bills defense (a team they know little about in terms of changes from last year) swarms sanchez early and the team isn't moving the ball, the fans will be on the verge of rioting. a great number of these fans know that their time as a team to compete for a championship is coming to an end. And they have nothing to show for it. yet the hope of a new season has them some what placated. If and when it doesn't turn out as hoped, they will be the most bitter fans of 2012.

if the perennial AFC EAst bottom Dwelling Bills walk in on openning day with a defense that continues the no TD scoring trend, regardless of where you are sitting, you are going to hear it. You will hear them ask for Tebow, to run it more, to pass it more, to bring back plax, and then like an angry kid just get into tantrum mode and say poopy and the bills suck.

frankly, i find the sitting in the stadium the easiest thing. its the coming out with your bills gear that's a pain. That's why i recommend a Mission Impossible 4 style of unclothing into either jets gear or total non fan gear beforeyou even get out of your section. Then justblend into the crowd iwth a smug smile on your face.

Of course i could be wrong, but i really think the jets are in for a world of hurt if they lose against the bills. and i think the bills have enough defensively to stop sanchez. if the LB's can stop the run, it could be a lot of fun.

Who are their one two punch now?

christhebillsfan783
09-04-2012, 04:59 PM
I'll be there and I am not afraid to rock my SJ13 jersey! I'll be loud and proud! I go to the Bills Dolphins game in Miami every year. I'm not scared! LETS GO BUFFALO!!!