PDA

View Full Version : CBS likes the Bills in Week 1

Ed
09-04-2012, 05:35 PM
So 7 of their 8 "experts" picked the Bills this week to beat the Jets. Pete Prisco picked the Jets, of course. I'm not sure if they really like the Bills, or if they're just down on the Jets, but I was surprised by this. I think critics are giving the Jets a harder time than they deserve and as much as I hate them, it's hard not to be worried about how poorly we always seem to match up with them recently. Either way it's encouraging to see some love for the Bills.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/features/writers/expert/picks

Skooby
09-04-2012, 05:37 PM
I read this earlier, this is straight up with no spread. If you add the spread, it's 8 for 8. One other thing, Prisco is no "Expert".

Night Train
09-04-2012, 05:55 PM
Didn't they view our inferior practice squad !

Shows how little they know !

YardRat
09-04-2012, 06:53 PM
I'd prefer to be the underdog.

Mr. Pink
09-04-2012, 07:00 PM
I think this might have to do with how poorly the media is viewing the Jets right now, tbh.

Everywhere is lambasting them for how horrible they looked in preseason - and they did look horrible.

The last buffalo fan
09-04-2012, 07:30 PM
Everywhere is lambasting them for how horrible they looked in preseason - and they did look horrible.

Da Buffalo Bills, right?

ServoBillieves
09-04-2012, 07:42 PM
Underdog or not, a win is a win against that debacle of a joke of a team.

YardRat
09-04-2012, 07:55 PM
I think this might have to do with how poorly the media is viewing the Jets right now, tbh.

Underdog or not, a win is a win against that debacle of a joke of a team.

They will look a lot better this Sunday than they did in preseason. Book it.

JoeMama
09-04-2012, 07:57 PM
So 7 of their 8 "experts" picked the Bills this week to beat the Jets. Pete Prisco picked the Jets, of course. I'm not sure if they really like the Bills, or if they're just down on the Jets, but I was surprised by this. I think critics are giving the Jets a harder time than they deserve and as much as I hate them, it's hard not to be worried about how poorly we always seem to match up with them recently. Either way it's encouraging to see some love for the Bills.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/features/writers/expert/picks

Pete Prisco usually shows us a lot of love.

I've been listening to him on Jax radio for a couple years (until he left a few weeks ago) and he's always been one of the few national guys who seems to give us a fair shake.

TigerJ
09-04-2012, 08:01 PM

Everywhere is lambasting them for how horrible they looked in preseason - and they did look horrible.I'm sure that has a lot to do with it. Outside of New York City, most observers now believe the Jets are on a slippery slope.

Meathead
09-04-2012, 09:00 PM
all signs seem to point to the bills heading upwards and the jets imploding

thats why i will take the jets 17-16

Lucidvizion
09-05-2012, 08:57 AM
I'd prefer to be the underdog.

I see people say this all the time and I just don't get it. If you're the underdog it usually means your team sucks. How can that be a logical preference for a fan of a sports team?

Static
09-05-2012, 08:58 AM
I'll be rooting for Buffalo in this game.....

MidnightVoice
09-05-2012, 09:10 AM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/picks

At the moment ESPN is 5-4 in favor off the Bills, or 6-5 if you include accuscore and pigskin picks

Historian
09-05-2012, 09:56 AM
Bills are fighting history too.

They've only won 4 road openers in the history of the franchise.

better days
09-05-2012, 10:01 AM
I see people say this all the time and I just don't get it. If you're the underdog it usually means your team sucks. How can that be a logical preference for a fan of a sports team?

Because when you are the underdog & WIN it is a huge thrill. If you lose it is no big deal because you were expected to lose. On the other hand, if the favored team loses, it is a huge dissapointment & a win is not as big a deal because they were expected to win.

MidnightVoice
09-05-2012, 10:07 AM
Bills are fighting history too.

They've only won 4 road openers in the history of the franchise.

Wow. I don't suppose you know which 4? :)

justasportsfan
09-05-2012, 10:30 AM
Prisco is a jets fan like Berman is a bills fan. No surprise he picked the jets.

MidnightVoice
09-06-2012, 03:55 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/picks

Now split 6-6

PTI
09-06-2012, 04:00 PM
THey all picked the Giants. That was Dallas' game all the way, and I thought they would have killed the Giants too, and they would have without all the penalties. Giants beat the Cowboys down in game 16 last year to win the division in what was really a playoff game, Dallas wanted to beat the Gmen up, tons to prove, such an wasy game to make money on too.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, I like the Bills every week.

MidnightVoice
09-06-2012, 04:03 PM
BTW, I like the Bills every week.

:D Me too