PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Surprise Teams

Mike
09-06-2012, 01:16 AM
Every Year there are teams that surpass expectation and teams that fall flat on their face. So pick your surprise team this year, both teams that will win more than expected -at least 4 games more- and teams that will lose more than expected -at least 4 games more.

Surprise Teams

AFC East
None
*Bills may come close (+4)

AFC North
None
* Browns - may come close (+4)

AFC South
Colts
* Jags - will come close (+4)

AFC West
None
* Broncos- will come close (+4)

NFC East
Eagles

NFC North
None
* Bears -may come close (+4)

NFC South
Panthers
*Bucs - may come close

NFC West
Cardinals (-4)
Rams (+4)

* 4 Game Difference is pretty big and last year there were many .500 teams and teams that were in the 7-9 to 9-7 range making this projection quite difficult. Overall, my big surprise teams are the Colts, Panthers, and Eagles.

YardRat
09-06-2012, 05:48 AM
If Buffalo makes the playoffs, it will surprise the **** out of me. I think Denver has a shot to run away with the West, but I'm not sure if many would be surprised by that. Carolina could be the team to watch, if Newton can continue to progress, their defense looks like they have the make-up to really push things.

better days
09-06-2012, 08:09 AM
The Broncos would not be a surprise if they win 4 more games because many predict them to win the division. If they lose 4 more than last year, that will be the surprise.

PTI
09-06-2012, 11:08 AM
Cardinals defense is too good to lose that many games. Plus, they also get to play the Bills, Jets, and Phins, no way they come close to losing 4 less.

I say the Giants only win 6 or 7.

Mike
09-07-2012, 04:01 PM
All very interesting. As for the Cards, their QB situation is dreadful and their defense excels against poor offenses.

PTI
09-07-2012, 04:06 PM
Chiefs win 10.