PDA

View Full Version : Average ticket prices, Bills have 2nd lowest.

TacklingDummy
09-06-2012, 06:29 PM
The teams with the cheapest average tickets: Cleveland Browns ($54.20), Buffalo Bills ($58.36) and Jacksonville Jaguars ($59.54). Another big thanks to Mr. Wilson.

The New York Jets can at least call themselves champions in one category: ticket prices.

The Jets have the highest average, non-premium ticket price in the league at $117.94, according to Team Marketing Report's Fan Cost Index, which was released Thursday afternoon.

Highest Ticket Prices in NFL

At $117.94, the New York Jets have the highest average ticket price in the NFL, according to the Team Marketing Report's Fan Cost Index. Here's a look at the most expensive tickets in the league:
Team Ticket price
Jets $117.94
Patriots $117.84
Giants $111.69
Bears $110.91
Cowboys $110.70
-- Team Marketing Report's Fan Cost Index

The Jets topped the Patriots, who have sold out every game since 1994, by 10 cents ($117.84).

Skooby
09-06-2012, 06:47 PM
You might also recognize that the top 5 teams have won about 25% of the Superbowls over the past 20 years.

YardRat
09-06-2012, 07:02 PM
WNY would not support $117 average ticket prices.

BLeonard
09-06-2012, 07:03 PM
The teams with the cheapest average tickets: Cleveland Browns ($54.20), Buffalo Bills ($58.36) and Jacksonville Jaguars ($59.54). Another big thanks to Mr. Wilson.

The cynic in me simply says: "You get what you pay for."

However, I'd rather point out the fact that, the way the lease is structured currently, it is very beneficial for the Bills (and Wilson) to keep ticket prices low... It allows them to use the stadium rent-free...

It'll be interesting to see what the new lease looks like when it is done. My guess is, the city will be looking to get more in return than they do under the current lease.

It's nice that ticket prices are low, but don't think the Bills are doing it out of the kindness of their hearts.

-Bill

better days
09-06-2012, 07:04 PM

The New York Jets can at least call themselves champions in one category: ticket prices.

The Jets have the highest average, non-premium ticket price in the league at $117.94, according to Team Marketing Report's Fan Cost Index, which was released Thursday afternoon.

Highest Ticket Prices in NFL

At $117.94, the New York Jets have the highest average ticket price in the NFL, according to the Team Marketing Report's Fan Cost Index. Here's a look at the most expensive tickets in the league:
Team Ticket price
Jets $117.94
Patriots $117.84
Giants $111.69
Bears $110.91
Cowboys $110.70
-- Team Marketing Report's Fan Cost Index

The Jets topped the Patriots, who have sold out every game since 1994, by 10 cents ($117.84).

Not only do the Jets have the highest ticket prices, but they charge a PSL as well. They have priced out MANY DIEHARD Jets fans.

BLeonard
09-06-2012, 07:09 PM
Not only do the Jets have the highest ticket prices, but they charge a PSL as well. They have priced out MANY DIEHARD Jets fans.

Keep in mind, they have a new stadium that cost $1.6 billion... In fact, 4 of the 5 teams on that list (Chicago being the exception) are playing in a stadium built in the 21st century... Even the Bears had a major renovation to soldier Field a few years back.

Don't really understand why the Jets and Giants prices would be different, since they play in the same stadium, but if the Jets raised prices this year, it could be the "Tebow Factor."

-Bill

stuckincincy
09-07-2012, 08:18 AM
The average beer price in the NFL is $7.28 - heard it on the radio this morning.

Skooby
09-07-2012, 09:24 AM
The average beer price in the NFL is $7.28 - heard it on the radio this morning.

Ouch, Ritz Carlton prices at a football game. You're probably better off getting a suite if you & a group of your friends are huge chuggers.

k-oneputt
09-07-2012, 09:26 AM
WNY would not support $117 average ticket prices.

Yes they would. If the Bills are sitting at 10-2 going into Decembers game with St. Louis they would sell it out at a $100 a pop.

justasportsfan
09-07-2012, 09:34 AM
this is the reason why I don't have a problem with regionalizing the team to toronto.

stuckincincy
09-07-2012, 09:41 AM
Ouch, Ritz Carlton prices at a football game. You're probably better off getting a suite if you & a group of your friends are huge chuggers.

The fellow yammering on the radio said that the cost for a family of 4 at CIN was around 400 bucks. I've heard such statements for years, and I wonder why they always see fit to include "souvenirs". I don't think most folks drag their whelp to a game and fork over $$$ for overpriced pennants, hats, and the like. They would be better off buying earplugs and dark sunglasses so the kiddies don't get traumatized for life.

Skooby
09-07-2012, 10:06 AM
The fellow yammering on the radio said that the cost for a family of 4 at CIN was around 400 bucks. I've heard such statements for years, and I wonder why they always see fit to include "souvenirs". I don't think most folks drag their whelp to a game and fork over $$$ for overpriced pennants, hats, and the like. They would be better off buying earplugs and dark sunglasses so the kiddies don't get traumatized for life.

LOL, the kids say much worse things at school these days then they did in your day.

Yasgur's Farm
09-07-2012, 11:05 AM
It's funny... But a couple months ago I ran across some ticket info for 2010. While the Bills have a very low average price, there were 14 or 15 other teams that had lower rock bottom seat prices than the Bills. For example... I believe you can get a ticket to a KC game for $25.

jaybo_05
09-07-2012, 01:56 PM
Another big thanks to Mr. Wilson.

Ticket prices are calculated to maximize revenue. This is the price the organization has pegged to maximize revenue given the economic realities of the WNY/Southern Ontario market. Other teams prices follow similar models with variences simply reflecting the economic realities of their markets.

Mr. Wilson isn't doing anyone any favors.

DraftBoy
09-07-2012, 02:12 PM

No those suites are far more expensive. Here are the Bengals 2012 prices;
http://www.bengals.com/tickets/party-suites.html

clumping platelets
09-07-2012, 08:37 PM
I'd be willing to pay more if they would just put in more comfortable seating in the upper deck