PDA

View Full Version : Jets Injuries - NT Pouha OUT

Ed
09-07-2012, 12:55 PM
Good news for us. Pouha is out this Sunday for the Jets. Even more reason for us to try and run the ball a lot, but we probably won't.

SquishDaFish
09-07-2012, 01:08 PM
We prob wont run alot??? Did you seriously just say that? Dont go by the preseason bro. We are a run first team with Jackson

justasportsfan
09-07-2012, 01:15 PM
jets will stack the box and force Fitz to throw whether or not Stevie has a groin problem.

Ed
09-07-2012, 01:27 PM
We prob wont run alot??? Did you seriously just say that? Dont go by the preseason bro. We are a run first team with Jackson
I did say that and I'm basing it on last year, not the preseason. My biggest complaint from last year was that I thought we abandoned the run too early too often. I hope we run the ball a lot, but Gailey does like to throw the ball.

SquishDaFish
09-07-2012, 01:36 PM
We were running alot until Fred got hurt.

Ed
09-07-2012, 01:55 PM
We were running alot until Fred got hurt.
Yeah maybe that was it.

bosshogg21
09-07-2012, 02:36 PM
No we were not running a lot ever. I'd even go as far to say that I don't think fred got 25 carries in any of the games. He made a lot out of the 17 or so carries he would get along with 4 - 7 recepts. It's the way gailey runs his offense. It's easily 60 - 40 pass to run ratio maybe more.

EDS
09-07-2012, 03:07 PM
No we were not running a lot ever. I'd even go as far to say that I don't think fred got 25 carries in any of the games. He made a lot out of the 17 or so carries he would get along with 4 - 7 recepts. It's the way gailey runs his offense. It's easily 60 - 40 pass to run ratio maybe more.

Well when your running backs are your best offensive position group and you have an average journeyman QB why wouldn't you throw the ball more! Wait . . .

Night Train
09-07-2012, 03:10 PM
jets will stack the box and force Fitz to throw whether or not Stevie has a groin problem.
Quick swing passes to Fred and Spiller will solve that.

justasportsfan
09-07-2012, 03:15 PM

the jets will be expecting that like most of the teams that finally figured Fitz out. Until further notice, daring Fitz to throw deep is the best way to defend against us.

Night Train
09-07-2012, 03:39 PM
the jets will be expecting that like most of the teams that finally figured Fitz out. Until further notice, daring Fitz to throw deep is the best way to defend against us.
Or quick hitters to Chandler. I'd throw him the ball so often, his hands would bleed.

Mindbender
09-07-2012, 03:44 PM
Updated that rexy misspoke. (aka didn't read final injury report) Pouha is questionable.

DraftBoy
09-07-2012, 03:53 PM

Not with the way our WR's block it won't.

HAMMER
09-07-2012, 04:49 PM
Pouha not playing would be a significant loss for the Jets.

YardRat
09-07-2012, 04:52 PM

He carried 26 times twice (Philly and Washington) and 20 times against KC.

djjimkelly
09-07-2012, 06:28 PM

with jackson and spiller! im calling it now spiller takes number 1 billing by years end

DynaPaul
09-07-2012, 08:53 PM
We're going to need the run game in a big way against the Jets. Fitzpatrick is not so hot against 3-4 defenses so I'm a little worried about our offense's production come Sunday.

YardRat
09-07-2012, 08:55 PM
Updated that rexy misspoke. (aka didn't read final injury report) Pouha is questionable.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/jets/rex-ryan-says-eric-smith-sione-po-uha-will-miss-season-opener-1.3967630

The Jets will be without safety Eric Smith and defensive tackle Sione Po'uha in Sunday's season opener against the Buffalo Bills, Jets coach Rex Ryan said Friday. Po'uha, who had a back injury, wants to play, but the team decided to hold him out one more week, Ryan said, though Po'uha is listed as questionable on the injury report. Smith, who has been suffering from nagging knee and hip injuries, is expected back next week.
"He's close. He's real close," Ryan said of Po'uha. "He's been begging us to play, but I think we're gonna be smart and give it a little time."

Mindbender
09-08-2012, 10:08 AM
http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/jets/rex-ryan-says-eric-smith-sione-po-uha-will-miss-season-opener-1.3967630

The Jets will be without safety Eric Smith and defensive tackle Sione Po'uha in Sunday's season opener against the Buffalo Bills, Jets coach Rex Ryan said Friday. Po'uha, who had a back injury, wants to play, but the team decided to hold him out one more week, Ryan said, though Po'uha is listed as questionable on the injury report. Smith, who has been suffering from nagging knee and hip injuries, is expected back next week.
"He's close. He's real close," Ryan said of Po'uha. "He's been begging us to play, but I think we're gonna be smart and give it a little time."

http://www.syracuse.com/newsflash/index.ssf/story/jets-pouha-questionable-keller-will-play/8d57e6b0dd714c84ae13c43017b7e89e

On iPad or I'd copy the relevant part.

BleedinGreenNC
09-09-2012, 07:23 AM
Gives Ellis more playing time