I seriously hope the team isn't buying into the hype the way the fans are.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

I seriously hope the team isn't buying into the hype the way the fans are.....

Between the Bills' off-season additions and the Jets' injuries and distractions, it seems like too many people are starting to view a win as a foregone conclusion.

I don't like it.

The Jets are the team coming into this game with something to prove. Everyone thinks they're a mess and they want to show everyone they're not.

Meanwhile, the Bills have spent the last few months hearing everyone talk playoffs.

I don't know what the mentality of the team is, but if they aren't prepared, this has the makings of a "sleeper" game. The Bills need a fast start.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: I seriously hope the team isn't buying into the hype the way the fans are.....

and the bills have nothing to prove?

Only reason why I like the bills is because the jets have a new system offensively and it will take time for them to gel especially with a questionable OL. Not exactly the best time to face a team with a DL like the bills.
    Last edited by justasportsfan; 09-07-2012, 01:20 PM.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• don137
      • Jul 2002

Re: I seriously hope the team isn't buying into the hype the way the fans are.....

I think the Bills, especially Fitzpatrick, have a lot to prove. While I believe the running game is the strong suit of the offense I feel the play of Fitzpatrick will determine if this team makes the playoffs. They did not exactly play much better than the Jets in the preseason. The Jets just got a lot more media coverage about how bad the offense played. No reason for the players think it is a cake walk.
      Last edited by don137; 09-07-2012, 01:20 PM.

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by don137 View Post
        No reason for the players think it is a cake walk.
        Chan is 0-4 vs. the jets. I think he knows that.
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• PTI
          Banned
          • Jan 2011

Sucks when your 60 million dollar QB who proved nothing still has a lot to prove.

Comment

• mayotm
            • Jul 2003

The team's mantra all summer has been "we haven't proved a thing yet". I think the team realizes they aren't good enough to overlook anybody. I'm not worried about them not being mentally prepared. I'm worried because I don't think the Jets are as bad as they looked in the pre-season.

Comment

• Philagape
              WIN NOW
              • Jul 2002

it seems like too many people are starting to view a win as a foregone conclusion
              Just so your definition is clear, do you equate any prediction of victory with "a foregone conclusion"?

I predict the Bills to win, but if degree of confidence is measured, I wouldn't say it's a foregone conclusion.
              "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
              2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• better days
                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                Between the Bills' off-season additions and the Jets' injuries and distractions, it seems like too many people are starting to view a win as a foregone conclusion.

I don't like it.

The Jets are the team coming into this game with something to prove. Everyone thinks they're a mess and they want to show everyone they're not.

Meanwhile, the Bills have spent the last few months hearing everyone talk playoffs.

I don't know what the mentality of the team is, but if they aren't prepared, this has the makings of a "sleeper" game. The Bills need a fast start.
                You don't like the fact that some Bills fans expect the Bills to win. I am SHOCKED.

Bills 21 Jets 10

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                  Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                  • Jun 2005

PTI STFU already. 60M for a QB really isnt that much. Hes getting paid like a middle of the pack QB in this league

Comment

• nyballa561
                    • Oct 2011

I agree with the OP. Yes Jets looked bad in the preseason and it was magnified x10000000, but so did the Bills. And I know the Bills are healthy now and have added good pieces, but I find it crazy that the large consensus is the Bills will win this game, especially on the road. The Bills are the hot trendy team, while the Jets are having mud thrown at them from every direction.

It will be a close game I think, but I dont believe there should be a clear consensus favorite to win.

Comment

• The King
                      Without me it's just Awe so
                      • Jun 2004

after going 5-2 into a collapse they better not.
                      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                      It was all
                      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                      He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                      mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by better days View Post
                        You don't like the fact that some Bills fans expect the Bills to win. I am SHOCKED.

Bills 21 Jets 10
                        It's not just Bills fans. Even a lot of the national media and people who usually **** on us are jumping on board.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Buffalogic
                          Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
                          • Feb 2006

Apparently only the jets have something to prove which will lead to their irreversable and uncompromising victory! With that out of the way lets focus on the chiefs!

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Philagape View Post
                            Just so your definition is clear, do you equate any prediction of victory with "a foregone conclusion"?

I predict the Bills to win, but if degree of confidence is measured, I wouldn't say it's a foregone conclusion.
                            Maybe not you specifically, but look around the board. A lot of "when we beat the Jets," "after we beat the Jets" kind of stuff around. Also, someone started a thread about which game was a guaranteed win, and many people picked this game.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Wagon Circler View Post
                            Apparently only the jets have something to prove which will lead to their irreversable and uncompromising victory! With that out of the way lets focus on the chiefs!
                            that's not at all what I said.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by nyballa561 View Post
                              I agree with the OP. Yes Jets looked bad in the preseason and it was magnified x10000000, but so did the Bills. And I know the Bills are healthy now and have added good pieces, but I find it crazy that the large consensus is the Bills will win this game, especially on the road. The Bills are the hot trendy team, while the Jets are having mud thrown at them from every direction.

It will be a close game I think, but I dont believe there should be a clear consensus favorite to win.
                              Remember, if the Bills suck in preseason, "meh, it's just preseason."
                              If the Jets suck in preseason, "hahahahahaha Jets suck. They're terrible."
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X